Debt Dumpers - 2018

Chugging along here. Our front door is replaced and looks SO much better. Also so much safer since we no longer have an all glass front door :sad2:

We received DH's bonus today in his paycheck. It's a little under what we need to pay off my student loan. I'm going to put several hundred towards my student loan today and then transfer the rest into savings for a little bit. There's no real danger of anything happening, but my work's governing body is playing some games with our office. While it is highly unlikely anyone's jobs are at risk, I would feel more comfortable just sitting on this money in our savings perhaps through the end of the summer until everything dies down. I'll continue my increased student loan payments through the summer regardless. I'll be under $5000 on that loan after this month's payments go through!

@DisneyMandC Congrats!!! I like your decision to sit on the money, especially after this week at my house.

The truck repair only came out to $427, so that is a huge blessing! We were so sure it'd eat up every bit of the trailer sale. I can still pay off the WDW trip. <3 Worked on the spreadsheet and it wasn't as painful as I thought it'd be, but I found a spot where we were overspending. It's nice to see that sooner rather than later. Also was able to set up my oldest DD's fall college classes and that's a huge load off my mind.

Taking my parents and in laws to a dinner show tonight for an early Mother's Day present for my moms.

Ugh, did the sums from holidaying and moving and it is not pretty. Cash flow is an issue! We will get reimbursed for almost all move expenses (not DH'S meals, he didn't keep receipts :sad2:). But at least two weeks until we can put in a claim and at least 3 until we can get our bond back for our old place.

Well Murphy decided the give me a nice gift for the first mother's day to the tune of a hit and run fender bender!

On our way to dinner we were sitting at a red light when a car came through, hit one car in the intersection, clipped us, then sideswiped the car behind us, and sped off. Lucky no one was hurt in any of the cars, but boy were we all ticked

You guys, it was only three months ago that we upgraded all of our policies. We are patting ourselves on the back so hard right now. :worship:

It'll be our $500 deductible and 20% of the cost for the rental car. I'm about to file the claim for the car seat replacement now. I've had a headache for the last 20 hours but we all walked away. That's what matters. Two feet to the left and it would have been a head on collision. :sad2:

Well Murphy decided the give me a nice gift for the first mother's day to the tune of a hit and run fender bender!

On our way to dinner we were sitting at a red light when a car came through, hit one car in the intersection, clipped us, then sideswiped the car behind us, and sped off. Lucky no one was hurt in any of the cars, but boy were we all ticked

You guys, it was only three months ago that we upgraded all of our policies. We are patting ourselves on the back so hard right now. :worship:

It'll be our $500 deductible and 20% of the cost for the rental car. I'm about to file the claim for the car seat replacement now. I've had a headache for the last 20 hours but we all walked away. That's what matters. Two feet to the left and it would have been a head on collision. :sad2:

Yikes!! At least you're all safe. Scary stuff!

Whew! What a relief you’re ok!

Glad you're okay! Hopefully your insurance doesn't give you a hard time on the carseat replacement reimbursement like mine did. And I hope they caught the person who caused it!

Chugging along here. Our front door is replaced and looks SO much better. Also so much safer since we no longer have an all glass front door :sad2:

We have had a solid double door for over 13 years. I am so ready to replace it with an all glass door! More stain glass, not clear. :)

On the debt dumping side, I have put close to $5,000 on one credit card this month alone and paid off our A/C line of credit of $4200. I was hording our paychecks until after all the government shutdown mess was done. I also have an overseas trip this summer, so I was ensuring we had enough cash for the trip before dumping money on certain debts.

Stories like these are why we pay the extra $21/month. That and the crazy amount of uninsured drivers.

Deposited part of the trailer sale today to pay off the truck repair and part of the WDW trip, to stay on target for payoff. May has been insanely busy and I can't believe it's the halfway mark already. Five months since we started over on our budget. One card paid off. Another big one in progress with 14 months left until it is paid off. 18 months for the car. I won't say it's been easy or fun.

Right now, I'm have massive inner turmoil about attending a conference (optional for work, but it could really pay off later and land me my dream job) or paying debt down. It's a grand to attend. I have the money from the trailer, so I can pay it outright. But it is the difference of the big "maybe" of landing that dream job and only 13 months on the card. Gah!!

Stories like these are why we pay the extra $21/month. That and the crazy amount of uninsured drivers.

Deposited part of the trailer sale today to pay off the truck repair and part of the WDW trip, to stay on target for payoff. May has been insanely busy and I can't believe it's the halfway mark already. Five months since we started over on our budget. One card paid off. Another big one in progress with 14 months left until it is paid off. 18 months for the car. I won't say it's been easy or fun.

Right now, I'm have massive inner turmoil about attending a conference (optional for work, but it could really pay off later and land me my dream job) or paying debt down. It's a grand to attend. I have the money from the trailer, so I can pay it outright. But it is the difference of the big "maybe" of landing that dream job and only 13 months on the card. Gah!!

I'd say the possibility of it helping to land your dream job would be worth the extra month it will take to pay off the card.

I'd go for it. That's one gamble I would take.

Well I am now well under $5000 owed on my student loan thanks to my own bad (or good?) decisions lol. I decided to move my student loan payment off auto pay from my bank account and onto a credit card last week, so I went online and canceled the auto payment. Well, of course as soon as I hit cancel I realized that my monthly payment of $100 was set to pay THAT day and I hadn't seen it come out yet. So I panicked and decided I'd go ahead and do a one time payment of the minimum monthly payment ($82) in case it messed up. So then the next day I checked it and neither payment had shown up and it said "PAY NOW- $100" in all capital letters and I panicked thinking maybe my minimum payment wasn't $82 anymore and paid $100. So now, of course, I've paid $282 towards my loan when it all showed up the next day :rolleyes: Oh well. I just added some extra to my student loan budget line this month.

Oh May, you witch.... 3 birthdays, 2 graduations, Mother's Day, 1 bridal shower, our anniversary and one iPhone dunked in a river and it's been a costly, costly May.
I hear ya. We had a niece and nephew graduate from college, and have family visiting this coming weekend and the one after which always means more food to buy plus going out to do stuff. And DH's birthday is in the first half of June.

I'm sure you all can relate but my debt repayment train is still chugging but at an incredibly slow speed. As soon as I make a snowball payment I'm like ok, when's the next pay day. I live for pay days not because I need the $$ but because I want to attack some more debt!

I went over budget this past pay period - poor planning on my part but it's all good. I cashed out $25 from SB to replenish some funds.

We are surprising my little sister with a weekend trip to San Diego as her graduation present. I gave myself a very generous budget for that but I should have left over when we get back on Monday.

Well I am now well under $5000 owed on my student loan thanks to my own bad (or good?) decisions lol. I decided to move my student loan payment off auto pay from my bank account and onto a credit card last week, so I went online and canceled the auto payment. Well, of course as soon as I hit cancel I realized that my monthly payment of $100 was set to pay THAT day and I hadn't seen it come out yet. So I panicked and decided I'd go ahead and do a one time payment of the minimum monthly payment ($82) in case it messed up. So then the next day I checked it and neither payment had shown up and it said "PAY NOW- $100" in all capital letters and I panicked thinking maybe my minimum payment wasn't $82 anymore and paid $100. So now, of course, I've paid $282 towards my loan when it all showed up the next day :rolleyes: Oh well. I just added some extra to my student loan budget line this month.

Not sure if this applies to everyone but ds got a small discount off the interest rate for doing autopay from a bank account. Does your loan include this too?

I'm sure you all can relate but my debt repayment train is still chugging but at an incredibly slow speed. As soon as I make a snowball payment I'm like ok, when's the next pay day. I live for pay days not because I need the $$ but because I want to attack some more debt!

I went over budget this past pay period - poor planning on my part but it's all good. I cashed out $25 from SB to replenish some funds.

We are surprising my little sister with a weekend trip to San Diego as her graduation present. I gave myself a very generous budget for that but I should have left over when we get back on Monday.

Isn't it a great feeling to watch the numbers dwindle?! I so wish I had found the snowball method 15 years ago!! I was never so excited for the next payday just to pay bills. :crazy2: :cool1: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter