DDP not avail w/ AAA room discount?

poohluvrs

Dinglehopper<br><font color=deeppink>Bah-bah-ree-n
:confused3 :guilty:
I called to add DDP to my reservation, said would have to take away my AAA discount in order to get DDP - AAA is saving me $700 on our room! I thought you could have DDP w/ a resort stay & tix purchase? HELP!!!! ;)

poohluvrs said:
I called to add DDP to my reservation, said would have to take away my AAA discount in order to get DDP - AAA is saving me $700 on our room! I thought you could have DDP w/ a resort stay & tix purchase? HELP!!!! ;)

If you book your reservation through a AAA TA you can usually get a AAA discount on your room and add dining.

Lewis is right, in order to get the DDP added and keep your AAA room discount you have to book through a AAA agent. This is what we ended up doing for our trip in July. We had a AAA room only I had booked through CRO, but decided we wanted the DDP so we called a great AAA agent (recommended on this board...thanks for the recommendation) and switched to a package w/ the AAA room discount and DDP.

poohluvrs said:
Hi! My AAA agent said the same thing. I still saved more money with the free dining because we had purchased the dining plan anyway. I asked about getting both discounts and she said that this is not allowed. Only one discount per booking. But now that I've heard that other Disers received both, I'm going to have to double check on this again. :confused3

If you have a AAA discounted room that you booked through Disney and call to make that a package which includes dining, they will take away the AAA discount...NOW....you can call a AAA travel agent and book the package with them and still get your room discount along with the Dining Plan...BUT...if you want the FREE dining with your AAA room discount your're out of luck. Only one discount per package so you can book this through Disney or a AAA agent, same price.

gabbyrosebud said:
Hi! My AAA agent said the same thing. I still saved more money with the free dining because we had purchased the dining plan anyway. I asked about getting both discounts and she said that this is not allowed. Only one discount per booking. But now that I've heard that other Disers received both, I'm going to have to double check on this again. :confused3

Just to clarify, I do not have the free dining, just the DDP at regular rate. From what plutolovr says, it sound like you can't get the free dining w/ the AAA room discount.

What Pluto Lover says is correct - booking through an AAA travel agent - you can get a package including the dining plan (not the free plan - you pay about $38 daily) AND you can get the AAA room discount. I just booked for WL in Nov. - priced through WDW and through AAA agent - almost $400 cheaper through AAA because we got the room discount.

Grumpy'n'Goofy said:
Just to clarify, I do not have the free dining, just the DDP at regular rate. From what plutolovr says, it sound like you can't get the free dining w/ the AAA room discount.
Thank you very much. :) I was getting worried that I got a different story from my AAA agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter