DDIL will be 7 months pregnant at disney.

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
Looking for tips and which rides she WILL be able to ride.

Little back story we had planned this trip 7 months ago. Surprise, their family was not as complete as they thought. We found out a few months ago.

Used DVC points, bought Airfare 6 months ago, AP run out in June. If we postpone the trip, we could save the DVC points, but for new airfare and new tickets, you are talking about 5 grand.

We thought, not too much fun for momma, but the boys will have fun. I was planning on getting a EVC for her, to help cut down on walking and fatigue. Also have momma enjoy the resort more and perhaps just go out in the evening. Boys with go out with Dad and us (grandma and grandpa) in the morning, swimming in the afternoon, and Dad and Momma in the evening.

It' almost time to make FP. Is there a list (without looking at each ride page) on which ride she can't ride?

Her OB doesn't have any issues with her going.

Any comments or tips?

Not sure when the trip is, but keep in mind the heat and humidity are awful. It's hard enough for a pregnant woman to stay hydrated when they're not in a swamp.

The walking may not be as bad, but it's the walking + heat + humidity that will be monstrous. (I was about 7 months along when I did a weekend trip to NYC, I walked more in those 2 days than my entire pregnancy).

If I were pregnant @ disney, I'd want to do shows (philharmagic, country bears, tiki room) and the indoor rides (Haunted Mansion, Small world, peter pan, pooh)

I was at Disney last month at 6 1/2 months pregnant. A lot can depend on how she's doing, so you might have to take it day by day. I will say that for me, the walking helped with back pain and leg pain! Pools are great - floating in the water really helps give you a break for the 'baby weight'. Like a PP said, the shows are nice to enjoy. Take advantage of enjoying some of the non-headliners since she won't be able to ride those. There's plenty of food choices, so you'll want to be flexible in your eating plans to see what she feels like - I know I could only eat smaller meals - kids meals at QS were great for that! She can also take breaks while you and the kids ride the headliners. Yeah, on one hand, it wasn't fun being left out of those, but it did give me a chance to take a break.

Not sure when the trip is, but keep in mind the heat and humidity are awful. It's hard enough for a pregnant woman to stay hydrated when they're not in a swamp.

The walking may not be as bad, but it's the walking + heat + humidity that will be monstrous. (I was about 7 months along when I did a weekend trip to NYC, I walked more in those 2 days than my entire pregnancy).

If I were pregnant @ disney, I'd want to do shows (philharmagic, country bears, tiki room) and the indoor rides (Haunted Mansion, Small world, peter pan, pooh)

Trip is second week in May. Last year it was very hot, but around 5 pm just as we were about to die and was heading back to room, it started to cool down. That's why I'm thinking she'll mostly go out in the evening. And she have an EVC. I'm thinking Mom doing PP with 2 yr old, Dad do space mountain with 6 year.

Before you reserve the EVC, I'd ask if she'd be interested in one. I wouldn't but I do not speak for all pregnant women.

I have mentioned it and there were no objections. But even if she used it from the resort to the park and left it in one spot in each land. Just wanting to cut down on the swollen ankles. If we didn't need DS pushing a stroller, I'd get a wheelchair and tell DS to push her instead.

I went to Disney at 30 weeks and had a great trip! This was in the heat near Labor Day. I just made sure I drank lots of water and took breaks while everyone rode the rides I couldn't go on. I had a great time people watching and just taking it all in!

Those EVCs are a pain. I wouldn't rent one unless necessary. It's much easier to get around walking. Have fun!

I went to Disney at 30 weeks and had a great trip! This was in the heat near Labor Day. I just made sure I drank lots of water and took breaks while everyone rode the rides I couldn't go on. I had a great time people watching and just taking it all in!

Those EVCs are a pain. I wouldn't rent one unless necessary. It's much easier to get around walking. Have fun!

Did you go to the park all day? I'm concern she'll get too worn out.

We'll be there for a week, perhaps go for a day or two and then see about the EVC.

My first trip was at 7 months prego. I had a great time! I knew my limits and was surprised at how much I could do compared to other theme parks. Yes you can’t do anything jerky but I took the time my family used riding those rides to rest. Towards the end of the week I utilized a wheelchair to help me with the walking. Still had a great time!

My first trip was at 7 months prego. I had a great time! I knew my limits and was surprised at how much I could do compared to other theme parks. Yes you can’t do anything jerky but I took the time my family used riding those rides to rest. Towards the end of the week I utilized a wheelchair to help me with the walking. Still had a great time!

Good to know. This her 4th trip, so she has gone on most of the rides already. She will miss out on Pandora, but it will still be there in a few years. We'll just plan for DS to take the 6 year old on "big" rides and she can take the 2 year old on the "kiddie" ride.

I had terrible sciatica when I was in the final months of pregnancy... the only way I could have gone to Disney was with a wheel chair or EVC. You can certainly make the decision to rent closer to the trip.... but there is a good chance she will need it.

I would also plan a lot of time in the A/C spots /shows.

I went to Disney during both of my pregnancies. There's a list that lists what isn't recommended for pregnant ladies to ride and I stuck to that (minus Kilimanjaro Safari). Kept up my hydration and did just fine with the walking (but I was already active).

I've done Disney pregnant twice (once at 33 weeks with a single at the end of May and once at 25 weeks with twins in February). Both times were doable but definitely exhausting. I personally would never have ridden an ECV as it wasn't needed, I did enjoy the benches and dole whips a lot while my husband took the older kids on rides I couldn't do. I snacked a lot, took advantage of hte free water at the quick service stops (I made it a point to grab a water everytime we passed one of the quick services so I never really went more than 30 minutes without drinking about 20 oz of water. I did warm baths when we got back to the hotel each night and slept with my feet propped up to help with swelling. I rode everything that didn't have a height requirement but I'll caution Pirates of the Carribean I rode but as soon as I rode it I felt like it was probably too much and I shouldn't have done it. I was fine as were all my babies but I would not choose to ride it again pregnant. All in all though I rode a ton, snacked a lot, stayed hydrated and had a great time each time.

Thank you for all the input and suggestions. You all make it sound very doable. Not a piece of cake, but with a few changes, doable.

I was there when pregnant and I would have been super irritated if I would have had to ride around on a gigantic EVC. I walked. Drank lots of water. And took breaks when I needed them. I did some sitting while others went on a ride. I did all of the sitting down rides, shows, and anything air conditioned was great. I relaxed in the pool, and I just didn't try to do the entire day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!