DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Welcome back.
Hope it was a great time. :)
Yes a week with no humidity was something special.
Our last day I got a call from our pet sitter, my AC had gone out in my house so I had that to look forward to on the 18hr drive home.
And while I was working on it I glanced down at my phone, which was still set to weather in Estes park, so I saw it was 71 there, while I was sweating my butt off in 108 degrees; made me want to just say screw it and go back.

Geez, dude. If you're tired, go have a nap.

I had... hold on to your seats, folks... Two... yes two! days off... In a row!!
(Yes, they tried to get me to work on those two days, but I really needed a couple days off. Had work to do at my mom's house. And even got in a ride for a few hours on one day. 🏍️
:eek::faint:

Hope that was therapeutic for you!

Geez, I’m on my third day of at least 11 days off in a row. I’m just laying here watching the palm trees grow. lol
Don't let the wife see ya, she'll find something for you to do.

Howdy dads, back from vacation, and finally got caught up on enough work to check in. Amazing week in Colorado.
Made it to the top of the Manitou Incline with my DD
1719844126580.png

Thats the before pic with us at the bottom. In the pic from the top we look a bit more ragged. LOL
Sounds like a nice trip! I love Colorado.

:eek::faint:

Hope that was therapeutic for you!

Don't let the wife see ya, she'll find something for you to do.

Sounds like a nice trip! I love Colorado.
lol. That was three years ago in the condo. In the house her office is at the other end. I just walk by every so often, pretending I’m doing something between naps.
Condo living wasn’t for me, she could keep her eye on me the entire day. lol.

I still have 10 hrs left in my shift today, but I already mentally checked out for the day so.
View attachment 873337
I don’t blame you. I checked out seven days ago and not planning on checking in for another 11. Our daughter is moving on Monday so that will give me something to do next week, lugging furniture and stuff up three flights of steps outside. lol

I still have 10 hrs left in my shift today, but I already mentally checked out for the day so.
I checked out years ago.
I think
who knows? :confused3
Our daughter is moving on Monday so that will give me something to do next week, lugging furniture and stuff up three flights of steps outside.
That sounds like a fun time! :rolleyes:

Nine days left. I start my new full time position next Sunday! Still with the same company, still in the same line of work just about 200 yards away from where I am now!! I can’t wait!! I know it sounds great being off all the time but ….. I am bored to tears sitting around. After several interviews, I haven’t interviewed in over 30 years and a lot has changed lol, I finally landed what I was looking for!! I’m as high as I can go before being management and I’m not looking to go any further.

Nine days left. I start my new full time position next Sunday! Still with the same company, still in the same line of work just about 200 yards away from where I am now!! I can’t wait!! I know it sounds great being off all the time but ….. I am bored to tears sitting around. After several interviews, I haven’t interviewed in over 30 years and a lot has changed lol, I finally landed what I was looking for!! I’m as high as I can go before being management and I’m not looking to go any further.

What's the new gig?

Does your new job have you working Saturday nights? Asking for a friend…😏

Does your new job have you working Saturday nights? Asking for a friend…😏
After training, yes. My days off will be Thursday,Friday. My guess, the second or third week of August I will be on a regular work schedule. It kind of bounces around because you work when the trainer in that area works.
Most people don’t realize how much training goes into everything. I never did. You also have to pass tests along the way. All vary depending on what you’re doing. There isn’t one job where they show you around one day, tell you what the buttons do, come in the next day, slap you on the back and wish you luck. lol.
My first role, I had six days of training and had to pass a 60 question test to get signed off on. I have a new respect for the folks in white. Training, chemical handling training, shots…. thats needles. They handle everything imaginable, you name it, they have to clean it up safely.
I had training on the proper use of a box cutter. A lot of it is common sense and I’ll just leave it at that.
But tell your friend to text me, message me and I’m sure I can give them an idea about two weeks before they come to visit. lol.
I’m pretty sure I will only be in one of three places and they are within a hundred yards of each other but I’ll know more in 10 days.

Congratulations! I think I'd get bored sitting around all the time too. Hope this is a great spot for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest