DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Pictures or it never happened!
Wait... don't take pictures while you're driving 235+.
I can do pictures. I have a phone moumt on my dash and can set phone to either take videos or take picture every x seconds.

And if I have a passenger, they can take it also.

That might happen the end of May. Co-worker and I are staying at the Edelweiss resort in Garmisch on Memorial day weekend. Going to see Eagle's nest one day, Neuschwanstein one day and maybe pop over to Austria or Switzerland (or both) as well.

Probabability of Doc driving very fast?
Very High.

Good luck with the car shopping. I hear that Ferrari makes a decent runaround.
I was pushing for the Ferrari (ok, it was a model kit, but still....)

We settled on a nice 2001 Subaru Outback. Clean title and all the service records; the engine was basically rebuilt about 5 years ago. Got a good price on it and The Kid is happy. I did have to explain the concept of cassette tapes to her though.

I went 185 with a piece o crap 1.2L suv. I guarantee, once my break in period on my Camry is done, I will do more than 235. :lmao:
I wish I could go that fast. The powers that be have decided the good people of Oregon should only drive 55mph/88kph

Counts.
We settled on a nice 2001 Subaru Outback. Clean title and all the service records; the engine was basically rebuilt about 5 years ago. Got a good price on it and The Kid is happy
Not bad. ::yes::
I did have to explain the concept of cassette tapes to her though.
:laughing:
Too bad it wasn't an 8-track.

Does anybody else seem to notice that when you have some money and start to shop for something that will be new and fun life comes along and says no? For example, we were looking for a camper for the family to use a few times this summer, and of course in the future, since we aren't going to Disney World this year. Then about 50 random expenses pop up to pretty much eliminate the possibility.

Check engine light on the truck that would pull said camper. It's EPA diesel emissions crap and guess what just came out of warranty
Septic tank backed up - Ironically of all things this was probably the easiest and cheapest fix
Our washing machine basically detonated from the inside during a spin cycle. Have a new one on order for next week.
Checked on our above ground pool, hoping to get it ready so that it can start warming up while we're busy planting, and found a top rail that has broken
And if my feed bill for the kids' 4-H animals is any indicator, start hoarding bacon now. I'm spending about 3x more this year for hog feed than last year. Cattle feed is up about 1 1/2x last year's cost. They better taste really frickin good.

The powers that be have decided the good people of Oregon should only drive 55mph/88kph
Congrats on car. I had quoted that, but somehow, it got toasted. Not a fan of this new system.

I have a bunch of cassette tapes, but probably not the genres she'd like.

As for driving 55, one would question your powers that be, but there have been MANY things in the last few years that have caused that.

Does anybody else seem to notice that when you have some money and start to shop for something that will be new and fun life comes along and says no? For example, we were looking for a camper for the family to use a few times this summer, and of course in the future, since we aren't going to Disney World this year. Then about 50 random expenses pop up to pretty much eliminate the possibility.

Check engine light on the truck that would pull said camper. It's EPA diesel emissions crap and guess what just came out of warranty
Septic tank backed up - Ironically of all things this was probably the easiest and cheapest fix
Our washing machine basically detonated from the inside during a spin cycle. Have a new one on order for next week.
Checked on our above ground pool, hoping to get it ready so that it can start warming up while we're busy planting, and found a top rail that has broken
And if my feed bill for the kids' 4-H animals is any indicator, start hoarding bacon now. I'm spending about 3x more this year for hog feed than last year. Cattle feed is up about 1 1/2x last year's cost. They better taste really frickin good.
Sorry Andy. :sad:

Hmmm...ponders investing in bacon futures

Sounds about right.

Sorry to here about the expenses and the rising prices.

Morning, gents. Happy Wednesday.

Well, that sucks. Hopefully the camper will happen in the not too distant future.
That's it, I'm calling it. Work week over.

Last one to Dawa for a famous bloody mary by Bob has to take Jasmine home and let me tell ya, when she rubs your "lamp", she's not expecting a genie.
What is she expecting, Doc??????

Morning, Fellas! Hope all is well with everyone. Been a good week over all, but still feeling the effects of this sinus infection, maybe COVID related effect but hard to tell when the sinus infection happened at the same time. Now I have a cough that I try to hide at work by constantly sucking on cough drops or drinking water. So far it's worked, but it does make for an interesting day. This cough is also keeping me from falling asleep at night, which is rather irritating. I've been sleeping in a lot lately and getting up in time time to get ready for work and head out. My wife's show, The Little Mermaid Jr., opened and closed this weekend, they only do 2 shows, it' s a small private school so no need to do multiple weekends. The was great, though it wasn't without it's problems. And honestly, with the COVID restrictions, which cut the rehearsal time down to 2 months instead of 4, it really was a wonderful show. It was your typical elementary and middle school show, but it was a great show. And do I really need to say it? The young kids were absolutely adorable to watch on stage. It wasn't without it's problems, but that's live theater. Now we can all relax at the house. Things at work are going well and am back to studying, after having taken a week off to help the Mrs. Well, that's it. Have a good day, everyone.

Throw out the house anchor!

Seriously. It wasn't as bad as I've seen it in the past, but the wind lasted a couple of days, which was a lot longer than its been in the past.

Things weren't as bad as I thought, in fact quite the opposite. There were co-workers who did step back a couple of feet from me, but I had been double masked all week and took my lunch breaks in my car and went out of my way to no spend a lot of time with people. I also avoided shaking hands, and even fist bumping, so I really tried, and I think people saw that. So really no real reason for anyone to say I was trying to get them sick.

Baby steps... baaaaaby steps.

Exactly. One can't just jump into these things.

Looks like you've sent that our way. We have wind and rainfall warnings for today. Always good to hear when the river just reached flood stage yesterday.

Sorry, hope it wasn't too bad for you guys.

NOW it does. :rotfl2:

He sees the light! Now you understand what I go through when I try and talk about a vacation. As soon as I mention anything about a vacation, unless it's to see my parents, she gets quiet. Look I get it, I don't like spending the money either, with is also part of the problem, but I want to go and see places. And, if you don't count going to see family, it has been years since we've had a vacation.....so it's time.

On hold with Disney and it's just brutal.
After yelling at the phone that I wanted to speak to an agent, I'm on hold. But not just any old hold.
A recorded voice says "Your estimated wait time is. 35 minutes." and repeats that over and over for several iterations. Occasionally a 5-6 second burst of music will ring out and then the recording will begin again.
Beats what it was doing earlier when every few seconds it would ask me if I wanted a call back (press 1) or continue to hold (press 2). When I'd press "2", it would ask if I wanted a call back or continue to hold. "2" <burst of music> "Would you like a call back or continue to..." "2" "Your estimated wait time is 34 minutes"

Put on repeat... for a while there, I was pressing "2" every few seconds.

Down to 20 minutes now...

At least it was only 35 minutes.

That might happen the end of May. Co-worker and I are staying at the Edelweiss resort in Garmisch on Memorial day weekend. Going to see Eagle's nest one day, Neuschwanstein one day and maybe pop over to Austria or Switzerland (or both) as well.

LOVED Garmisch! Edelweiss resort? Now I have an idea of who you work for. When the Mrs. and I went to visit my brother in Germany, he's a civilian employee with the government, we went to Garmisch for a weekend and loved it. We were supposed to stay the Edelweiss resort, but got bumped. Instead we stayed at the Riessersee not far from the Edelweiss.

We settled on a nice 2001 Subaru Outback. Clean title and all the service records; the engine was basically rebuilt about 5 years ago. Got a good price on it and The Kid is happy. I did have to explain the concept of cassette tapes to her though.

I wish I could go that fast. The powers that be have decided the good people of Oregon should only drive 55mph/88kph

You should have bought an Air Supply tape and left it in the stereo.

Sorry to hear, but I can sympathize.

Last edited:
Morning, Fellas! Hope all is well with everyone. Been a good week over all, but still feeling the effects of this sinus infection, maybe COVID related effect but hard to tell when the sinus infection happened at the same time. Now I have a cough that I try to hide at work by constantly sucking on cough drops or drinking water. So far it's worked, but it does make for an interesting day. This cough is also keeping me from falling asleep at night, which is rather irritating. I've been sleeping in a lot lately and getting up in time time to get ready for work and head out.
This covid thing is just not a lot of fun. It just seems to linger... for a long time.
My wife's show, The Little Mermaid Jr., opened and closed this weekend, they only do 2 shows, it' s a small private school so no need to do multiple weekends. The was great, though it wasn't without it's problems. And honestly, with the COVID restrictions, which cut the rehearsal time down to 2 months instead of 4, it really was a wonderful show. It was your typical elementary and middle school show, but it was a great show. And do I really need to say it? The young kids were absolutely adorable to watch on stage. It wasn't without it's problems, but that's live theater.
:)
Glad it went so well.
Seriously. It wasn't as bad as I've seen it in the past, but the wind lasted a couple of days, which was a lot longer than its been in the past.
Here it's rain. Lots of people with flooded basements.
At least it was only 35 minutes.
It was longer. I just used that as a number that I heard.

This covid thing is just not a lot of fun. It just seems to linger... for a long time.

It's not fun, that's for sure.

:)
Glad it went so well.

Thanks, I'll pass that along.

Here it's rain. Lots of people with flooded basements.

Hope your basement wasn't one of them. Luckily I live in an area where flooding doesn't happen.

It was longer. I just used that as a number that I heard.

Man, sorry to hear that.

It's not fun, that's for sure.
Nope
Hope your basement wasn't one of them. Luckily I live in an area where flooding doesn't happen.
Ever hear of a show called Holmes on Homes? Used to watch it and applied a lot of what I saw/learned when we built our house. I would be shocked if our basement flooded.
For the most part so was today's race.
Just finished watching it. Interesting race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter