DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Ok, fine. A colleague went on vacation this week, so now I have two shovels to lean on. Keeps me occupied and away from the computer.
That's more like it.
The biggest question is whether Southwest will actually get us there, or if we should just start walking to Florida. :confused3
Yeah, what's with that? You're selling tickets for a service you have no idea you can provide???

Gents! Good news: The official offer came through yesterday. Wwwweeeeew! Starting Monday, October 25th I'll be an official full-time job. With benefits! That's such a beautiful thing. And according to the recruiter, my manager and supervisor fought to get me some good pay, so apparently I've impressed the right people. Work wise, yesterday was a great day, the best day of the work week so far. Now let's see what today holds.

I knew it!

Bet those auto warranty folks are right next door.

:lmao:

Ok, I told you, but you have to keep it a secret, ok? Don't. Tell. Anyone. And yes, the auto warranty guys are next door. We regularly have pizza parties with them. :teeth:

Don't get anxious about offer. HR departments are like the DMV in Zootopia.

If you've not seen it....staffed by sloths.

I think that's at the top of list for training in HR dept., "HR Sloths 101."

Morning, all.

Doc beat me to the punch.
Word for word was gonna say "I knew it!"

:laughing:

My fave is my dentist though. When checkup time rolls around, they call to remind me of my appointment and when I call back (or answer) to confirm, they tell me that I have to make a new appointment. It's like the appointment that I made is only a reminder for them to call so that I can make a "real" appointment.

That's the wrong way to go about it, and I'm sure they get a lot of people to calling back, but they should call and say that you need to make an appointment. I try to be as clear as possible when I call someone to make appointments...which I do on a regular basis.

Ok, fine. A colleague went on vacation this week, so now I have two shovels to lean on. Keeps me occupied and away from the computer.

Nice....so working hard at hardly working. Got it.

I used to get variations of this at work, being accused of creating projects to make it more inconvenient for travelers. I told them that our conspiracy meetings were on Thursday afternoons and they were welcome to stop by to see if they were being targeted.

Isn't it annoying? And it's happened to me more than once, but I'm going to have to remember the conspiracy meets are on Thursdays comment. That's great.

Hello Gents,

I'm leaving for the World on Saturday but Vacay Mode has definately set in already. I have passed my projects at work on to my minions co-workers, so there really isn't much for me to do but watch the clock. The Better Half has a long list of things for me to do before we leave which I'm sure include laundry and house cleaning.

The biggest question is whether Southwest will actually get us there, or if we should just start walking to Florida. :confused3

View attachment 613153

Congrats on the upcoming vacation, that's awesome. As for getting there? I'd start walking.

Gents! Good news: The official offer came through yesterday. Wwwweeeeew! Starting Monday, October 25th I'll be an official full-time job. With benefits! That's such a beautiful thing. And according to the recruiter, my manager and supervisor fought to get me some good pay, so apparently I've impressed the right people. Work wise, yesterday was a great day, the best day of the work week so far. Now let's see what today holds
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
So, the HR dept wasway faster than I would have expected. Great news! Glad tge right people fought for you.

We regularly have pizza parties with them. :teeth:
One called me the other day and said they were pissed because you promised them wings too.

I think that's at the top of list for training in HR dept., "HR Sloths 101."
Careful...you'll be on Lady K's sh*t lost too.

Nice....so working hard at hardly working. Got it.
I wish I could do that, but I'd look awful funny leaning on a shovel in the data center.

Last edited:
Morning All.

Are we have a party to celebrate CCT's new employment?

Just need to make sure my calendar is clear.

I used to get variations of this at work, being accused of creating projects to make it more inconvenient for travelers. I told them that our conspiracy meetings were on Thursday afternoons and they were welcome to stop by to see if they were being targeted.

Which one are you?

Create meme "Masons (Masons , conspiracy , shadow government)" - Pictures -  Meme-arsenal.com

Gents! Good news: The official offer came through yesterday. Wwwweeeeew! Starting Monday, October 25th I'll be an official full-time job. With benefits! That's such a beautiful thing. And according to the recruiter, my manager and supervisor fought to get me some good pay, so apparently I've impressed the right people. Work wise, yesterday was a great day, the best day of the work week so far. Now let's see what today holds.

Gents! Good news: The official offer came through yesterday. Wwwweeeeew! Starting Monday, October 25th I'll be an official full-time job. With benefits!
Bennies are a good thing.
Good to hear that you now have more permanent Overlords.

It'll be right after the Conspiracy Meeting, so you should be clear.

I got a broken link. :sad1:
Reminds me of the running gag from classic animated The Great Pumpkin special...

"I got a rock."

Here's a version of it you should be able to see:

Of course, the question still stands:
Which one are you?

We are off to an inauspicious start. Got a text yesterday day afternoon that my flight would be delayed. Sure enough, we are delayed by 45inutes and it is the first flight of the day. The plane is at the gate but no employees to be found. :confused3

We are off to an inauspicious start. Got a text yesterday day afternoon that my flight would be delayed. Sure enough, we are delayed by 45inutes and it is the first flight of the day. The plane is at the gate but no employees to be found. :confused3

Hope it doesn't mess you up.

Morning All.

We are having our Thanksgiving dinner today because of last weekend's Covid rules. So far I have two pies ready (lemon meringue and apple), turkey is stuffed and in the oven, the rest of the stuffing will be cooked by itself later this afternoon. Other people are responsible for the rest so now I can sit back and let it all cook.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Morning, fellas! Hope everyone is well on this Saturday morning. I find myself in cleaning mode this morning, trying to get a lot done today for no other reason than I'm tired of looking at piles of stuff in corners and that one room that becomes a catch all for everything. Had a good day yesterday at work. Not much else to report, so have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

Great news CCT!

Thanks

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
So, the HR dept wasway faster than I would have expected. Great news! Glad tge right people fought for you.

Well, they had several months to prepare for my arrival, so they better be fast on the intake process. And yeah, it is nice that the right people fought for me. This goes to show that all my hard work paid off. Now to continue working hard and continue getting noticed.

One called me the other day and said they were pissed because you promised them wings too.

I know who you're talking about. Yeah, I did promise them wings, but that person took my parking spot.

Careful...you'll be on Lady K's sh*t lost too.

Ooops! "Ok, note to self: No HR jokes...can't T off Lady K." Got it.

I wish I could do that, but I'd look awful funny leaning on a shovel in the data center.

Noted, but you could lean against the wall. While you watch what others are doing while delegating.

Morning All.

PARTY!!!!

Which one are you?

Create meme Masons (Masons , conspiracy , shadow government) - Pictures -  Meme-arsenal.com

Hey, you got a picture of my uncle not wearing his human suit. I knew he wasn't wearing it all the time. :sad2:

Thank you.

Bennies are a good thing.
Good to hear that you now have more permanent Overlords.

Yes they are. "Permanent Overlords." Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but as long as they pay me I'll take it.

It'll be right after the Conspiracy Meeting, so you should be clear.

YAY! Conspiracy Meeting!

Reminds me of the running gag from classic animated The Great Pumpkin special...

"I got a rock."

Great show The Great Pumpkin.

I hope things turn around for you soon.

Morning All.

We are having our Thanksgiving dinner today because of last weekend's Covid rules. So far I have two pies ready (lemon meringue and apple), turkey is stuffed and in the oven, the rest of the stuffing will be cooked by itself later this afternoon. Other people are responsible for the rest so now I can sit back and let it all cook.

Sounds yummy!

Morning All.

See....if you'd waited another 5 weeks, you'd be doing it at the right time.
:duck:

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter