DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Training's going well, yesterday's office was a bit more...involved, don't want to say difficult. Ok, maybe difficult is a better word, but you get the picture. For some reason, every time I tried to check-in/out a patient there was something I had to get help on. I'm there to learn, so...bring it on. Well, that's it. Gotta run.
I've always said that it takes a full year before you're comfortable with a new job. Any job.
I didn't say "proficient"... I said comfortable.
Are those Brussels Sprouts? :scared1:
Are you insane?!?!?!? NO!!!
Steamed broccoli (which my girls love... I don't know where I went wrong) with melted cheese to offset the taste of broccoli.

Dang, got backed up on here again. Speed read through and looks like all are good, new jobs working out for some, Dan's gonna build a mini WDW in his yard for Easter (great idea by the way), Randall enjoyed national nap day and Norm is driving the conspiracy boat - thought you wanted to drive the boat on the Wilderness lodge to MK route? Work is just a mess but highlight was booking dining reservations yesterday morning at 5:00 a.m for May visit to DaWorld. Will work on coming by more regular but until then................... stay safe out there

Made it to Tuesday. First HS Tennis match tonite of the season, and dd will face one of the other top 4 contenders for Regional champ. It's still a long season and will ultimately be decided in the tournament, but an early win over a top competitor will give her confidence.

Well...we're old.

But I was old the last 2 years, working on that time change Sunday, and it didn't bother me that much. I can't believe I'm that much older.

Yeah, it feels like the dam is about to burst in terms of vaccine availability. That would be welcome.

Only if it ends the madness.

DW had the chance to get one yesterday. If she didn't take so dad blamed long to get ready, she would have. Literally the 3 people that walked in before us got it and then they came out and said there were none left.

The clinic they've set up at the hospital is precisely detailed with scheduled appointments, check-in forms, lines, check-in for shot, RN, recovery, & schedulers). I'm surprised they got that far in without having doses.

Always chasing the dollar. I feel you brotha. The time change never made sense to me why we keep it. Tradition? I saw we stay on the longer days. I get more accomplished

From what I read, and maybe not true, DST was used to save the cost of candles being burned. I wish they would just pick a time and be done with no more changes.

Morning, Gents! Early to work for me. I have to be at the office by 7 am, so I'm just jumping on here really quickly to say "Hey" and then I'm off. Training's going well, yesterday's office was a bit more...involved, don't want to say difficult. Ok, maybe difficult is a better word, but you get the picture. For some reason, every time I tried to check-in/out a patient there was something I had to get help on. I'm there to learn, so...bring it on. Well, that's it. Gotta run.

TTFN

We have to complete stuff in EPIC, but there are still other non-epic forms we have to complete. I can't imagine why they don't include those in epic either as it's just double work on me.

I've always said that it takes a full year before you're comfortable with a new job. Any job.

I'm hoping I get that type of leeway here. I'll tell them you said so.

Dang, got backed up on here again. Speed read through and looks like all are good, new jobs working out for some, Dan's gonna build a mini WDW in his yard for Easter (great idea by the way), Randall enjoyed national nap day and Norm is driving the conspiracy boat - thought you wanted to drive the boat on the Wilderness lodge to MK route? Work is just a mess but highlight was booking dining reservations yesterday morning at 5:00 a.m for May visit to DaWorld. Will work on coming by more regular but until then................... stay safe out there

I would love driving the boat at WDW. Or, I think I would until someone complained about getting wet or some other silliness. The conspiracy boat is the only one I currently have access to. But, since I've been cancelled there, might as well enjoy it.

First HS Tennis match tonite of the season, and dd will face one of the other top 4 contenders for Regional champ. It's still a long season and will ultimately be decided in the tournament, but an early win over a top competitor will give her confidence.
Good luck to her!
I can't believe I'm that much older.
Believe it.

:rolleyes1

:duck:

Made it to Tuesday. First HS Tennis match tonite of the season, and dd will face one of the other top 4 contenders for Regional champ. It's still a long season and will ultimately be decided in the tournament, but an early win over a top competitor will give her confidence.

But I was old the last 2 years, working on that time change Sunday, and it didn't bother me that much. I can't believe I'm that much older.

Only if it ends the madness.

The clinic they've set up at the hospital is precisely detailed with scheduled appointments, check-in forms, lines, check-in for shot, RN, recovery, & schedulers). I'm surprised they got that far in without having doses.

From what I read, and maybe not true, DST was used to save the cost of candles being burned. I wish they would just pick a time and be done with no more changes.

We have to complete stuff in EPIC, but there are still other non-epic forms we have to complete. I can't imagine why they don't include those in epic either as it's just double work on me.

I'm hoping I get that type of leeway here. I'll tell them you said so.

I would love driving the boat at WDW. Or, I think I would until someone complained about getting wet or some other silliness. The conspiracy boat is the only one I currently have access to. But, since I've been cancelled there, might as well enjoy it.
DST started in WWI. I read today 29 states have legislation in their houses to go away from DST but the Federal Department of Transportation has ultimate say. FL is actually to trying to move an hour or two ahead of EST.

Good luck!

According to what I read, it was the silly Canadians that started this DST mess. :duck:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/history.html
I had thought it was started by farmers wanting to have more daylight hours for their kids to help on the farm after school. I was way off.

Supposedly, it saves energy, but when Indiana went BACK to switching, they found it had the opposite effect.

Since we naturally get more sunlight in the summer, it's totally useless (except to lessen productivity and screw up sleep schedules).

I hadn't heard about FL wanting different than EST, but at least it's not a half hour like someone up North. ;)

Evening chaps from a sunny London. Legoland shop is almost finished, it's looking well.
Reached out to Rob this week, he's OK. Hopefully we'll see him back soon.

I do the same for my kiddos. I just use a laundry basket and move it to the you tube video. I started doing it with my little brother when we were kids. I had a full VHS of Star Tours my uncle shot with a monster video camera. I have had to step up the game with my kids as there is unlimited videos now.
We used to do the laundry basket, now my boy is 10, almost 5 feet in socks. Ain't no laundry basket gonna hold that.
The Star tours thing woukd be cool.
Would you say the Dole Whip was posh?
Nope. A working man's dessert of choice.
Spiky pineapples may be in order at some point. Extra spiky.

According to what I read, it was the silly Canadians that started this DST mess. :duck:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/history.html
I had thought it was started by farmers wanting to have more daylight hours for their kids to help on the farm after school. I was way off.

Supposedly, it saves energy, but when Indiana went BACK to switching, they found it had the opposite effect.

Since we naturally get more sunlight in the summer, it's totally useless (except to lessen productivity and screw up sleep schedules).

I hadn't heard about FL wanting different than EST, but at least it's not a half hour like someone up North. ;)
Yeah in Iraq we were like 8:30 hours off it really screwed stuff up calling home.

Evening chaps from a sunny London. Legoland shop is almost finished, it's looking well.

We used to do the laundry basket, now my boy is 10, almost 5 feet in socks. Ain't no laundry basket gonna hold that.
The Star tours thing woukd be cool.

Nope. A working man's dessert of choice.
Spiky pineapples may be in order at some point. Extra spiky.
you have to use the original Star Tours not this new-fangled 3D crap.

Morning, Gents! Training continues to run unabated. Every day a new office/practice and specialty. Yesterday started out in one primary care office only to be moved halfway through the day to another office because the first doctor was out due to the death of his DMiL. I still learned something before leaving, though....like how to scan documents into EPIC. That was fun. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I did need to learn that but not an overly exciting job. Today I'm off to cardiology. And it seems that wherever I go, it seems to be a slow day. So I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it happens wherever I go. Hmmm Interesting. That video recording I was going to do for that G&S review won't be happening. Because of the relaxing of the COVID restrictions, this is now being moved to a live performance at a later date. So no video link of me singing G&S...sorry guys. Well, that's it. Have a good day, and we'll chat on the other side.

It does, and since I'm floating it'll probably take me a little longer because of all the offices I have to learn.

Are you insane?!?!?!? NO!!!
Steamed broccoli (which my girls love... I don't know where I went wrong) with melted cheese to offset the taste of broccoli.

Saw this and had to respond with a short story about Dad Joke #.....something. My DD, who's 8, told me that she was going to make Leprechaun Stew for St. Patrick's Day and that it'll be green. Here's the exchange:
Me: "You're going to grind up leprechaun's into a stew? That's kind of mean."
DD: "Nooo daddy! It'll be green because of what I put in it."
Me (after heavy sigh): "I can't believe you're going to put leprechauns in a blender."
DD: "Daddy, I will not be grinding up leprechauns!"

How'd she do?

That doesn't make sense because you're just going to have to scan into in at some point.

Yeah in Iraq we were like 8:30 hours off it really screwed stuff up calling home.

It was like that when I was stationed in Japan, and the time change always screwed up me calling home at the right time. Hated it.

Morning boys.
Off to the zoo later today. Haven’t been in years.

Saw this and had to respond with a short story about Dad Joke #.....something. My DD, who's 8, told me that she was going to make Leprechaun Stew for St. Patrick's Day and that it'll be green. Here's the exchange:
Me (after heavy sigh): "I can't believe you're going to put leprechauns in a blender."
:laughing:

Morning All.

St. Patty's Karaoke at the Camel! | Secret Tel Aviv

Glad to hear it, on both counts.

:rotfl2:Well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter