DDA Chapter 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's right, it's fine either way. Thank you again for getting them! Take your time unpacking them, I'm not in any hurry :goodvibes

You're welcome! :)

I have a long term sub position for oct -march in first grade.
BUT i have a meeting with the director of elementary education on wednesday morning about a kindergarten all year position so keep your fingers crossed

Lots of good wishes coming your way for the interview!! :wizard:

I spent the entire day working on pins. Not the best use of my time, I must say. :rotfl: I am going to have to order a new pin book for DS because his is completely full. A bunch of his pins are still just on sheets of bubble wrap. DH hasn't gone through his pins yet. I did weed out the duplicates from DS's collection, so our "trader" bag for the next trip is in progress. DS got several that are out and out bootleg pins, but he thinks that is cool so he wants to keep them. One is an emperor Mickey that really is VERY cool.

Here is the home page of the resort where the wedding was held
http://www.felicitaresort.com/?View=Home

This is looking up at the area where the wedding was held. The wedding couple was standing in front of the fence up top in front of the area with the roof.
http://www.felicitaresort.com/Tour/Gardens/Felicita_Resort_Gardens_09.jpg

Here is a shot of the couple from the other way
MikeDanielle.jpg

gardens.jpg

our room
bed.jpg

from our balcony
scenefrombalcony.jpg

Danielle's theme was Cherry Bloossoms. I completely forgot to take a picture of the cake, but it had cherry blossoms sprinkled all over.

Each centerpiece
flowers.jpg

our gift from them--a coaster
coaster.jpg

our place cards
placecards.jpg

the back of Danielle's dress bustled up
Daniellesdress.jpg

the family looking pretty spiffy
family.jpg

family fun
familyfun.jpg

my Nephew Jacob. He is turning 15 next week. He looks just like his father did at that age. It is so amazing. he even sounds like Brad.
JakeTerry.jpg

We got to our room at about 3:30pm and I was amazed how big it was. The view from the balcony was amazing. There were even robes for us to use!!!
Hal went to have a beer with his brother and their friends and I settled down, called the kids and started to watch some Olympics. Then I got dressed and did my nails. We then drove down to a parking area to wait for golf carts to take us up to the garden area for the wedding. As we were standing there, one girl was pulling up to us with a cart and I noticed she was coming a little close and sure enough she ran over his foot!!!!!:eek: Any closer and she would have hit his leg. He told her "Thanks a lot, you ran over my foot" her reply was Nuh huh. I very sharply replied loudly, "You ran over his foot" She then said Really?. Then nothing else, no --Gee I am sorry, How is your foot? Can I get some ice for you? Nothing.
We got up to the garden area and it was breathtaking. Guenna and Heather were handing out programs with Cherry Blossoms scattered on it and fans with the same design. After about 15 minutes we settled down for the ceremony to begin. Mike looked so handsome and a little nervous. you could see him tear up when he saw Danielle. Her mother walked her down the aisle since her father had passed away before Christmas two years ago. The ceremony itself was short but very nice.
We then waited for the golf carts to take us back to our car. Naturally we waited for the other cart to take us back.
The reception was so much fun. A lot of good times with friends and realtives. The service was exceptional and the food was the best ever.

Since there were no single women, the DJ had all the married couples come up and dance and then he started by saying anyone who has been married less than 24 hours, please leave the floor and he kept going year by year. It was down to Hal and I and two other couples. I was so touched because the kids were all cheering for us. It ended up that we left the same time one of the other couples left so the DJ was asking how long the couple left were married. My daughter went up and told him that actually Hal's folks have been married for 62 years but did not get up to dance. Oma is using a walker or wheelchair so she was not up to dancing. The newlyweds gave Oma and Opa the wedding bouquet and took pictures.
I cannot believe Hal and I have entered the league of being one of the longest married couples :lmao:
After a lot of fun, we headed back up to room and I fell immediately asleep.

The next morning while checking out, I did tell the folks at the front desk about the young lady and the golf cart. Hal was not hurt but it was the way she was so non believing of what she had done. The manager told me that if I came back up to use the Spa, she would give me a good price. I didn't want to make waves, but the young lady and her actions were just not acceptable.

It was a lovely wedding and I cannot wait to see the pictures. They even managed to get a picture of the cousins which included Jake, Mike and his sister and my three kids. That was very special and I cannot wait to have a copy of that.

Terry, what a beautiful wedding! I'm glad you all had a nice time. I love the pictures of your family, especially the "family fun" one. And I ADORE the place cards... how cute!!

You're welcome! :)

Lots of good wishes coming your way for the interview!! :wizard:

I spent the entire day working on pins. Not the best use of my time, I must say. :rotfl: I am going to have to order a new pin book for DS because his is completely full. A bunch of his pins are still just on sheets of bubble wrap. DH hasn't gone through his pins yet. I did weed out the duplicates from DS's collection, so our "trader" bag for the next trip is in progress. DS got several that are out and out bootleg pins, but he thinks that is cool so he wants to keep them. One is an emperor Mickey that really is VERY cool.
Do you have a photo?? You're making me wonder what a cool bootleg pin looks like!
our place cards
placecards.jpg

the back of Danielle's dress bustled up
Daniellesdress.jpg

the family looking pretty spiffy
family.jpg

It was a lovely wedding and I cannot wait to see the pictures. They even managed to get a picture of the cousins which included Jake, Mike and his sister and my three kids. That was very special and I cannot wait to have a copy of that.
Those placecards are just too cute!!! Love the dress! And the family looks more than spiffy, you'll should have that framed for the wall!

Yes we are! We moved a day earlier (Thurs-Thurs), but are still there a whole week - with the race weekend in the middle! :teeth:

Boy, good thing I posted and got your response. I've been looking at the wrong week for tickets. :rotfl2: I've been looking at the week after that. Good thing I didn't buy my tickets.

Uh oh! I have one week less in my training. :lmao:

Chanon - At least people are answering you! :rotfl2: RSVPs are such a pain when you have to go track down the folks who don't bother to repsond!

So I was just looking at airfare for March in case I wanted to go to WDW for DS's Spring Break. $577 round trip on Airtran, and that was the LOWEST price for a resonable flight plan. If we want to change planes and fly in one on carrier and back on another and all that jazz we can get it down to about $475. :scared1: Never mind. Staying here, thank you very much! Looks like $600 in vouchers might have gotten us ONE ticket. (Which is one more than we have now. :mad: )

Sunday was the concert. The theme was Circus music. The first half was fun music and twice there were clowns that came out for a very brief moment. They hardly had any makeup on and were not loud at all.

The second half was really cool. The announcer had done some of the other concerts, so he is getting pretty good at this. He is the TV newscaster I got a picture of Chuckie with.

They wanted him to wear a top hat and I knew he would not do that but he did agree to blow a whistle.
After the first number, he came out to introduce the second number but proceeded to tell everyone about he trained under Izziegonna Blowhard and that he played the whistle, he did not just blow it. The first rendition was after the street cop saying "Move along, there is nothing here to see". After about three more songs, he then said that one was after the security cop at a circus telling a kid, "Beat it, come back when you are older". It was corney but funny being there and hearing him come up with this. Each number that was played, you could almost see the act he was describing. The clowns came out three more times, but very discreetly.
Now during a Circus performance, you will never hear Stars and Stripes. Performers know that is a signal of disaster. However with the band, they have to finish a concert with that. It has been known the audience will not leave until they have :rotfl: It was a great finish.

This was a fantastic weekend. The weather was the best. It could have not been scripted any better.

Theresa - :hug: MS is a long way from Colorado, if you ever need to run very far away.

Janet - :hug: They do grow up quickly

Congrats on the pincodes, I would love to have one.

So I felt compelled to put together a then and now picture of DH and myself, I would say before and after but I have a looonnngg way to go to reach after, DH is already there.

Us-1.jpg

Wow you look amazing. You even look a lot younger :thumbsup2

Good to see you again Lindsay

Denise congrats on the extra trip

Jennifer good luck packing without Olivia catching on

Theresa I don't know what to say, but here is a big hug :hug:

Boy, good thing I posted and got your response. I've been looking at the wrong week for tickets. :rotfl2: I've been looking at the week after that. Good thing I didn't buy my tickets.

Uh oh! I have one week less in my training. :lmao:

I wondered if you thought it was the following weekend! I'm glad you caught it before it was too late! :eek:

Chanon - At least people are answering you! :rotfl2: RSVPs are such a pain when you have to go track down the folks who don't bother to repsond!

So I was just looking at airfare for March in case I wanted to go to WDW for DS's Spring Break. $577 round trip on Airtran, and that was the LOWEST price for a resonable flight plan. If we want to change planes and fly in one on carrier and back on another and all that jazz we can get it down to about $475. :scared1: Never mind. Staying here, thank you very much! Looks like $600 in vouchers might have gotten us ONE ticket. (Which is one more than we have now. :mad: )

Our flight is $318 or $402. They are usually $420 for that time of the year for us so I'm ok so far.

Those placecards are just too cute!!! Love the dress! And the family looks more than spiffy, you'll should have that framed for the wall!

I was trying to make sure I got pictures for you Chanon. I had not seen place cards like those before. I thought they were just too cute too!!!!

I was a little surprised the photographer didn't try to get us together. It seemed she did that for other families. Howie took some pictures as well and I will be looking forward to seeing how his compared to their pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter