DD bringing friend - How to manage MDE

JessiMommy

DIS Veteran
Long story short: Taking my DD for a quick 2 night stay for her 18th birthday. It's a surprise. We're picking up her friend to join us on our way.

I have 2 questions:

1) Her friend (a minor at 16) has purchased a FL resident annual pass. She has the confirmation email. I'm having her bring a copy of her birth certificate and her moms drivers license. The friend does not have a drivers license yet. Is this sufficient for her to be able to activate her pass once we arrive?

2) How can I link her pass with ours in MDE so that I can manage all of our FP reservations? I had her mom accept the request to share plans with me on MDE but I can't link her ticket. Is there a way to do this in advance or can they sort it out when we get there?

Thanks!

Long story short: Taking my DD for a quick 2 night stay for her 18th birthday. It's a surprise. We're picking up her friend to join us on our way.

I have 2 questions:

1) Her friend (a minor at 16) has purchased a FL resident annual pass. She has the confirmation email. I'm having her bring a copy of her birth certificate and her moms drivers license. The friend does not have a drivers license yet. Is this sufficient for her to be able to activate her pass once we arrive?

2) How can I link her pass with ours in MDE so that I can manage all of our FP reservations? I had her mom accept the request to share plans with me on MDE but I can't link her ticket. Is there a way to do this in advance or can they sort it out when we get there?

Thanks!
Because her Mother manages the DD in her MDX account, have her Mother link the AP Voucher to the DD using her MDX account.

Then, she’ll have the entitlements linked to her and you can book FPs for the complete group.

I have 2 questions:

Thanks!

I'm doing something similar in a few weeks. The friend's parent's accepted my MDE friend request, but they had to link her annual pass on their end before I could do FP. Once they did it was very easy.

I asked in the ticket thread and Robo told me that we would need to bring the credit card that was used to purchase the annual pass and go to a ticket window to activate the pass. Hopefully that is all she will need as our friend is only 13 and certainly doesn't have any real ID. I don't think the birth certificate and stuff is necessary.

I'm doing something similar in a few weeks. The friend's parent's accepted my MDE friend request, but they had to link her annual pass on their end before I could do FP. Once they did it was very easy.

I asked in the ticket thread and Robo told me that we would need to bring the credit card that was used to purchase the annual pass and go to a ticket window to activate the pass. Hopefully that is all she will need as our friend is only 13 and certainly doesn't have any real ID. I don't think the birth certificate and stuff is necessary.

Eek, her mom and her moms credit card won’t be with us.

So, right the credit card thing puts a wrench in it...it seems as though they need to go and take care of it otherwise that will not be good times when you go.

So, right the credit card thing puts a wrench in it...it seems as though they need to go and take care of it otherwise that will not be good times when you go.

Just called Disney. They say no proof is needed for a minor. I find that info hard to believe. There’s got to be a work around though. Her mom won’t be with us.

Just called Disney. They say no proof is needed for a minor. I find that info hard to believe. There’s got to be a work around though. Her mom won’t be with us.

Yeah my daughter's friend's parents aren't coming, but her AP still needs to be activated. They have agreed to send me with a credit card just in case it needs to be scanned or checked at the ticket booth. THey know I'll keep it safe obviously and won't use it for anything else. I'll be going on May 28th- can let you know how the process goes.

Yeah my daughter's friend's parents aren't coming, but her AP still needs to be activated. They have agreed to send me with a credit card just in case it needs to be scanned or checked at the ticket booth. THey know I'll keep it safe obviously and won't use it for anything else. I'll be going on May 28th- can let you know how the process goes.

I’ll be there this Sunday so I’ll let you know how it goes, lol!

I had purchased APs for our girls when they were going with friends and I had to use a credit card that they had. They have one of our credit cards - so I had to use that one.

A. Tell the friend to leave her birth certificate and any copies thereof at home.

B. Not having the friend's mom's credit card is fine. We're supposed to verify that at the ticket booths for will call, but if someone doesn't have it because the purchaser isn't with them, there are workarounds. However, the mom should put the daughter's name as the pickup contact person (I don't know how the website phrases it right off the top of my head, in our system at the ticket booths it's bill to and ship to even though nothing is shipped most of the time these days), or use the new-ish website function to designate the purchase as a gift under the daughter's name. Since I just re-read the purchase has already been made, the mom can contact Disney via phone to make this change if she didn't do it to begin with. That will make the picking up part of the process super simple. Otherwise, you may get an argumentative CM who values the letter of the rules more than the spirit of them (which drives me nuts), even though most of us will just ask the girl what her mom's name, billing address, and email is and go on with doing our job.

C. Is any adult 18+ who will be coming with you guys a Florida resident with an ID? If so, there's no worries on actually activating the pass. Any adult's FL ID can activate any minor child's FL tickets.

A. Tell the friend to leave her birth certificate and any copies thereof at home.

B. Not having the friend's mom's credit card is fine. We're supposed to verify that at the ticket booths for will call, but if someone doesn't have it because the purchaser isn't with them, there are workarounds. However, the mom should put the daughter's name as the pickup contact person (I don't know how the website phrases it right off the top of my head, in our system at the ticket booths it's bill to and ship to even though nothing is shipped most of the time these days), or use the new-ish website function to designate the purchase as a gift under the daughter's name. Since I just re-read the purchase has already been made, the mom can contact Disney via phone to make this change if she didn't do it to begin with. That will make the picking up part of the process super simple. Otherwise, you may get an argumentative CM who values the letter of the rules more than the spirit of them (which drives me nuts), even though most of us will just ask the girl what her mom's name, billing address, and email is and go on with doing our job.

C. Is any adult 18+ who will be coming with you guys a Florida resident with an ID? If so, there's no worries on actually activating the pass. Any adult's FL ID can activate any minor child's FL tickets.

That's really helpful thanks!

If by chance we get someone who is a letter of the law person do you recommend just leaving and going to a different booth? Although we're also FL residents and the friend is getting FL resident minor ticket so it sounds like we should be just fine.

We had no problems. I had the email confirmation of purchase on my phone. The ticket was in the name of my DDs friend. The CM asked the friend who “Danielle” was and the friend told him she was her mom. He then activated her pass. Easy peasy!

Good to hear you got a CM with some common sense!

We had no problems. I had the email confirmation of purchase on my phone. The ticket was in the name of my DDs friend. The CM asked the friend who “Danielle” was and the friend told him she was her mom. He then activated her pass. Easy peasy!

Thank you for coming back and letting me know. Heading over on Monday and this makes me much less nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter