Daybeds in PP and GC hotels?

mickeysgal

<font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc
When talking to Disneyland reservations, they said that these hotels sleep a max of 5...with the 5th being a daybed. Has anyone seen these beds and are they realistic to sleep on? Are they just for small children or can a teen sleep on them? I told them my kid's ages ages and they said it would be fine. The only other time I've seen a day bed was at the Boardwalk Villas in WDW...it was small and hard as a rock and not realistic at all for a child to sleep comfortably on.

We stayed at PP in Oct. They day bed is a sofa. We never did fold it out or sleep on it. I'm not sure if it is a typical sofa/ hide a bed or if it is the type that just pulls out and the back drops. For size- I can't imagine someone 6 foot tall sleeping on it, unless it is a standard hide a bed. Its slightly shorter then most sofas, but not as small as a loveseat. (at least that is how I remember it) Sorry I can't be of more help.

hlbtimes2 said:
We stayed at PP in Oct. They day bed is a sofa. We never did fold it out or sleep on it. I'm not sure if it is a typical sofa/ hide a bed or if it is the type that just pulls out and the back drops. For size- I can't imagine someone 6 foot tall sleeping on it, unless it is a standard hide a bed. Its slightly shorter then most sofas, but not as small as a loveseat. (at least that is how I remember it) Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you - this helps a lot. This makes me feel better that one of our kids can sleep on this version. I was a bit concerned - Disney's Boardwalk Villas have day beds in a few of their studios. It was more of a bench and hard as a rock.

Here are a couple of pics of the daybed at pph --

1145004PPRoom03.jpg

1145004PPRoom04-med.jpg

We stayed at GCH and had a bunkbed room.There was a queen bed, a bunk and a trundle. So there were actually 4 mattresses in the room. My parents had a two double/queen bed room. There was not a pull out sofa. If you get a 2 double/queen bed at GCH they'll give you a sleeping bag for your 5th person. NO trundle, cot, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter