David Blaine to live underwater for a week

KayleeUK

Still here.....
:confused3 Is he mad or what??

From BBC Website - Magician David Blaine has announced plans to spend seven days submerged in a water-filled container in New York.
The illusionist, who spent 44 days in a glass box for a starvation stunt in London in 2003, will use lines giving nutrition and air to stay alive.

After one week, he will remove his air supply and attempt to break the world record for holding breath.

Blaine, 33, endured a 62-hour stint sealed in an ice block in New York's Times Square in 2003.

The magician will enter an 8ft (2.5m) high water-filled sphere on 1 May and remain submerged for a week.

Organisers say they want fans and well-wishers "to visit, touch the sphere and offer words of support".

Before climbing out of the tank, located at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Blaine will try to break the record for holding breath, currently set at eight minutes 58 seconds.

KayleeUK said:
:confused3 Is he mad or what??

Yep but I must admit I find it all quite entertaining ;)

Sorry to beat around the bush but the guy is a complete attention-seeking nutter :rolleyes:

he is crazy and is getting rather boring :rolleyes:

Nutter,Shame it's only a week though. :rolleyes1

I'm not a fan of his, but I did go and see him in London when he was in the box. I was in London that day anyway I didn't make the trip especially. There was quite a crowd there but it was rather dull, he just lifted his arm up twice in about 20 minutes, then we left!

Whats the point really? :confused3 If he was raising money for charity then so be it, but just for the crack....well I won't be watching, the guy needs help,
Claire xx

While I do agree with you guys that David Blaine is totally bonkers, I actually wouldn't mind living underwater.. As soon as they start selling that human gill thingy that they have been talking about I am SO there!

When my sister went to London in 2003, she saw a person use a remote control helicopter to circle around David with a hamburger attached to the copter! Now that's worth seeing!

fizz13 said:
Whats the point really? :confused3 If he was raising money for charity then so be it, but just for the crack....well I won't be watching, the guy needs help,
Claire xx
Completely agree. Maybe they will forget him and leave him in the tank :teeth:

erm..maybe if we ignore him he will go away!

The point is, he is a showman, ok a little wierd, but it doesnt stop millions of people all over the world being entertained by what he does. He is absolutley at his best when he is doing street magic, and some of the illusions that I have seen him perform have been fantastic.

A week is definitely too short! :teeth:

I have to admit, I just don't understand David Blaine...I realise he's a sort of showman, but what exactly is he showing us?

Let's hope he doesn't scare Nemo and Friends! :rotfl2:

I used to watch him when he did his stuff on the streets, and admit that was good however why risk your health over entertainment!! its going to far! :confused3

his skin is going to get soo wrinkley!!;) Imagine that.. you know how your fingers get when youve been in the bath too long.. his whole body will be like that after a few hours! lol!

I cant breathe if i look at people underwater... so its going to be hell for me!!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest