DAS party size

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
We are visiting WDW in mid march and we are a party of 10 all staying in a single DVC grand villa. One of our family members needs and is always granted a DAS. I hear the new rules only allow for parties up to 6? Is this true? is there any leniency for party's all staying together. This would be a real bummer because we really prefer to stay together as much as possible. any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The policy is that groups are limited to 6 (I don't think that's a new policy but I could be wrong about that). That said, I've also read that they can and sometimes do allow for groups to be bigger. I think if all 10 are family members that will possibly help your cause. You really just have to talk to Guest Services about this and plead your case. I hope that they will make an allowance for your family.

6 is the usual number that can be linked together on DAS (5 people plus the person with a disability). Anything over 6 is an exception and may not be granted. This is not new - 6 total has been the usual for a long time.
Whether an exception is granted or not depends on a lot of things - one is the group size; the closer the number is to 6, the more likely it will be allowed.
Another factor is the makeup of the group - 2 adults with 5 children OR a family of 5 plus 2 grandparents are more likely to be approved than a group of 7 adults.
No matter how many are linked to the DAS user, individual attractions may not allow more than 6 on a DAS Return Time.

I don’t know the reason the person in your group is using DAS, but just wanted to mention many people who used DAS due to using an ECV, wheelchair or other mobility device are being turned down for DAS.
The reason is that lines are accessible and DAS is not needed to use a mobility device in line.
This might not apply at all to your guest, but if does, it’s better to know ahead of time than assume what happened in the past will happen.
Guests who have additional needs besides mobility can still be registered for DAS; all guests should be prepared to discuss their concerns about waiting in lines with the CM doing DAS registration

I don’t know the reason the person in your group is using DAS, but just wanted to mention many people who used DAS due to using an ECV, wheelchair or other mobility device are being turned down for DAS.
The reason is that lines are accessible and DAS is not needed to use a mobility device in line.
This might not apply at all to your guest, but if does, it’s better to know ahead of time than assume what happened in the past will happen.
Guests who have additional needs besides mobility can still be registered for DAS; all guests should be prepared to discuss their concerns about waiting in lines with the CM doing DAS registration

Just to clarify - this has always been the policy. It’s just that it’s being more uniformly enforced now than it has been in the past.

Just to clarify - this has always been the policy. It’s just that it’s being more uniformly enforced now than it has been in the past.
Yes. It’s always been the policy.
DAS began in 2013. It was in effect at that time and also before DAS with the previous disability service - GAC (Guest Assistance Card).

Yes. It’s always been the policy.
DAS began in 2013. It was in effect at that time and also before DAS with the previous disability service - GAC (Guest Assistance Card).

Sorry to have been unclear - I wasn’t asking for someone to clarify; I was making a statement to clarify what had been said earlier.

We have a party of 9 and they said we can ask for more than 6 but it won't be guaranteed and we also couldn't ask over the live chat it had to be done on in person
Would you mind updating us on what they say when you try in person? We have a party of 8 and not knowing if we’ll be able to do things together or not is preoccupying my brain right now. (I realize it’s a case by case basis thing - I’m just interested in knowing if some people do get a yes, and if they do, if they are able to change your pre selections to be for the larger group, and if you can then book rides on the app for the whole group instead of just 6.)

This is the only trip we’ll ever take with my parents and brother coming along, and my son has already insisted that he’ll just wait in the regular line if we can’t all get in the lightning lane with him. But last time we tried that we ended up spending a couple hours after in the first aid area with him, so that plan is definitely not getting my seal of approval. Worst case scenario, we’ll stick to short lines and ones we can book with Genie+. Just crossing our fingers for a one time exception.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter