DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

I imagine it’s the same way an immediate need is currently handled in the LL’s? An immediate need isn’t any less of an emergency in a 20 minute queue than it is in an hour queue?
In our experience, lightning lanes are such a small area that a CM is very easy to find and/or it is very easy to exit. Not on every ride, sure, but most. As opposed to the long, maze like regular lines where I can go 20-30 minutes before seeing another employee and have to backtrack for 10 full minutes before I can find an exit point.

Which is at least part of the reason accommodations may be different from WDW accommodations.
I agree and know that Disneyland may still have more info to coke before the roll out in June. I was just pointing it. out the person who was making universal statements about LLs. Just that if this is the case for Land too, it may not be a reasonable fix for many. It doesn't help that a lot of the lines aren't ADA compliant, either.

“I was approved, but just for myself. If I were to add someone they advised we would need to use the ride swap or line wait system. I advised them how in some instances that wouldn’t be an issue but it will not work all the time.”
Was this your own experience? or are you reporting from another social media site?

Not the original commenter. However, I was told this by the CM today in the video chat.

I’m typically a solo traveler so it’s not going to be too much of a change. Occasionally I have friends join me, but I suppose we’ll figure it out when that happens. Hopefully Disney has more information as this is rolled out.

has anyone seen anything related to families of more than 4 or grandparents? thats the other part of this i've been curious about in terms of who they are handling that.

In our experience, lightning lanes are such a small area that a CM is very easy to find and/or it is very easy to exit. Not on every ride, sure, but most. As opposed to the long, maze like regular lines where I can go 20-30 minutes before seeing another employee and have to backtrack for 10 full minutes before I can find an exit point.
Also, trying to exit with a scooter is a nightmare, especially if you have to go back through the line all the way to the entrance point. I rarely see CM while in line...
Some LLs can also have very long waits, but with a scooter I can keep a bit of distance in front to help with that. But just trying to turn around would be really hard!

That is hopefully what is going to be addressed, being able to access a CM in the regular line. I am positive as a company that Disney calculated the extra employee cost as opposed to the money more paid for LL’s will bring them.

It’s not in Disney’s interest at all to have “several daily brawls” splashed across social media. More employees have to be a part of this.
I have very little faith Disney hired more CMs to be in lines to provide accommodations.

has anyone seen anything related to families of more than 4 or grandparents? thats the other part of this i've been curious about in terms of who they are handling that.
Yeah we're going for a week in September and my mother in law normally goes with us, we've held off on buying her ticket so far because we are at the 4 person capacity with 2 kids and 2 adults so not sure how that would work. I hate to leave her off, but she understands and is waiting for confirmation one way or the other...

LL’s are NOT going away? Just purchase Genie+ when your mom will be with you?

Disney really needs to put out a statement that they are NOT preventing anyone from using the LL’s. They are just making changes to the free services they provided in the past.
Genie+ isn't the same as DAS. As another poster pointed out, the biggest difference is genie+ times expire. DAS doesn't. That's a major issue for a lot of people. We rarely if ever made pre-determined windows because the disability needs in our party make it so difficult to do so. It's not just a change from free to paid. This is a fundamental difference in how the 2 services work.

Not the original commenter. However, I was told this by the CM today in the video chat.

I’m typically a solo traveler so it’s not going to be too much of a change. Occasionally I have friends join me, but I suppose we’ll figure it out when that happens. Hopefully Disney has more information as this is rolled out.
I just do not understand this at all. If DAS is approved for one person, I don’t see why it then has to be reviewed for the parties that you want to add. As long as it’s within the limits and you’re not changing it every day to try cheat the system.
I know no-one has these answers yet but this is a very strange and problematic choice if true.

Genie+ isn't the same as DAS. As another poster pointed out, the biggest difference is genie+ times expire. DAS doesn't. That's a major issue for a lot of people. We rarely if ever made pre-determined windows because the disability needs in our party make it so difficult to do so. It's not just a change from free to paid. This is a fundamental difference in how the 2 services work.
Yeah I get slightly annoyed that people just compare it to LL when outside of sharing the same entrance, the two services are not alike at all...

I just do not understand this at all. If DAS is approved for one person, I don’t see why it then has to be reviewed for the parties that you want to add. As long as it’s within the limits and you’re not changing it every day to try cheat the system.
I know no-one has these answers yet but this is a very strange and problematic choice if true.
My understanding is that someone with a DAS could potentially sell access for a group vacationing.

A cast member supposedly mentioned in a call that adding anyone beyond four would only be for minor children. The immediate family thing has long been gone from the website, so I do not think it would cover grandparents [though until we see someone advocating for themselves I suppose we wont know].

My understanding is that someone with a DAS could potentially sell access for a group vacationing.
Hard to do that now with the three person extra limit anyway.

I am glad my next vacation with my parents, partner and best friend is a year away as it reduces my own anxiety but also I am worried about my mom especially and her needs. Even if I qualify for a DAS, what about her?

And if four of us are covered by DAS if I get approved alone, who will be the sacrifical lamb to be put in line or stay out of the attraction? [For most rides this wont be an issue as not everyone wants to go on everything. But like for rides such as Pirates or Haunted Mansion which is something we'd all like to do I am lost on thinking of what we'd do.] But that's a future Unity problem until everything gets straightened out.

I think the point made by that poster is that the DAS was granted because the individual is solo -- if they were visiting with others there are different accommodations available. Most likely the Queue Re-entry to join the rest of their party.

I guess so, but the DAS holder still has to be there to scan in and go through the queue with them. Would be a pretty big commitment to sell this access 😅
Umm... it has definitely been an abuse problem in the past. Private Tour Guides.

If someone who has been approved today can update us:
Were you able to add your party to your DAS without any problems at the time of registration?

I wonder if this new rule about adding parties is for people added AFTER the initial registration.

If I’ve misinterpreted it, I apologise. But that’s surely the only way they’re gonna do it, otherwise what’s the point of even having the party option; everyone might as well apply for themselves.

It’s being reported on WDW Magic from attractions cast members that the default “return to queue” when you are travelling with others is that you can leave the queue if necessary, then return through the. Lightning lane and will be held at the merge until the rest of your party gets there.

Edit: I see this is old news, sorry, this thread is moving too fast.
I'm wondering how they plan to hold wheelchairs, strollers as a wheelchair, etc at the merge point while still having room to get other LL holders through. Esp for special needs strollers, they're typically about the width of the queues...it's not exactly easy to move around them.

I think the point made by that poster is that the DAS was granted because the individual is solo -- if they were visiting with others there are different accommodations available. Most likely the Queue Re-entry to join the rest of their party.

Umm... it has definitely been an abuse problem in the past. Private Tour Guides.
Ignorance is bliss and I apologise because I’ve heard the term ‘private tour guides’ with Disney but had no idea that’s what it actually referred to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter