Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

I agree that Frankie's dance just did not 'go anywhere'. It had no flow or development, and was just two full minutes of 'character'. I could see them doing SO much better if they had built on something similar to the story of the unlikely hero. Starts out one way, and then ends with him walking out, now in that all black, thru the special effects and smoke machines like Terminator or Mall Cop in that one scene near the end, where he goes out to defeat the thugs. But, Frankie does have a real fan base!

I was glad to see Drew be the one to go. Yes, he has come SO far!!! And made it to the finals. But now it is about who really is the best dancer.

I was hoping that Mark and Lindsey would be some actual competition for Jordan. Especially after than one AWESOME dance! But I don't feel that they continued to pull it off. I think they would have done better at their Freestyle if the had focused on the 'story' and the dancing and tricks, WITHOUT her continuing with the violin. IMHO, that just became too much, and took too much away from everything else they were doing and could have done.

I didn't start out wanting Jordan to win.
He has a history in performance, and I didn't want that to be his free ticket.
About halfway thru, I changed my mind.
IMHO, he is the very clear winner, and he has actually earned it!

I agree that Frankie's dance just did not 'go anywhere'. It had no flow or development, and was just two full minutes of 'character'. I could see them doing SO much better if they had built on something similar to the story of the unlikely hero. Starts out one way, and then ends with him walking out, now in that all black,

YES! ::yes:: At the end of his dance I thought, "Is that it?" :eek: because it didn't develop into anything. It was all about him being a "strong character," who wasn't really Frankie.

Had it been about his journey, that would have been one thing. Like in Julianne's dance, we saw the choreographer's story and her journey. And Lindsey's dance was close to that, where it was definitely about her.

Both Jordan & Drew danced particular styles and one could say they were being characters, but we never lost the essence of either of them during their dances. Sure, Frankie did grow and is much stronger. But be was laying on a character that he had to work to be. Not to be confused with working hard on the dance.

I think that was a critical error on Witney's part. She was there for Frankie's journey to strength. But that's only ONE side of him. He's known to the public for being much more. And his essence is exuberance. I know I'd rather have seen a dance of that, which is what the exec producer was asking about.

I likely won't invest the time watching tonight. I've had a feeling from the start that Jordan would win one way or another, and nothing has happened to change that.:headache:

I thought all the numbers were entertaining, Lindsey's the most interesting. Dancing with a violin AND a partner is a neat trick.
I think that's why I didn't like it. It seemed like a contrived TRICK :charac2:. Oh ... and she also managed to get one last "I've never taken dance lessons!" in :rolleyes:.

I'll watch it again today and see if I can see what everyone else loves about it.

ETA: I was also peeved that her "solo time" in the redemption dance (which appeared to be a requirement since all dancers did it) was her standing there shaking her hips and mouthing the words to the song. I wonder why Mr. Grumpy didn't call her out on that.

On the DWTS fb page people seem to be yelling loudly for Jordan and Lindsey the most.
YES! ::yes:: At the end of his dance I thought, "Is that it?" :eek: because it didn't develop into anything. It was all about him being a "strong character," who wasn't really Frankie.

Had it been about his journey, that would have been one thing. Like in Julianne's dance, we saw the choreographer's story and her journey. And Lindsey's dance was close to that, where it was definitely about her.

Both Jordan & Drew danced particular styles and one could say they were being characters, but we never lost the essence of either of them during their dances. Sure, Frankie did grow and is much stronger. But be was laying on a character that he had to work to be. Not to be confused with working hard on the dance.

I think that was a critical error on Witney's part. She was there for Frankie's journey to strength. But that's only ONE side of him. He's known to the public for being much more. And his essence is exuberance. I know I'd rather have seen a dance of that, which is what the exec producer was asking about.
It was a big mistake on Whitney's part. I'm sure it cost him votes when he needed them the most.

I couldn't get into this season. In my opinion one of the worse final 4 I can remember there is no one I was rooting for.

I’ll rank:

Jordan
Frankie
Drew
Lindsay

Lindsay’s freestyle was not wow to me. I’ve seen mark come up with so much better

There is a group picture on facebook of the whole cast getting ready for tonight's performance. I honestly forgot all about Debbie Gibson being on this season. She must have been first to go.

On the DWTS fb page people seem to be yelling loudly for Jordan and Lindsey the most.

It was a big mistake on Whitney's part. I'm sure it cost him votes when he needed them the most.

I noticed that too. Seems like Jordan is getting the most love. Probably the next champ

I didn't really get to watch the semifinal that much last night because of family in town. I'm happy with the end result, and Drew seemed genuine at the end when he was eliminated.

I think Jordan will take it all, but honestly wouldn't mind at all if Frankie took home the win. Lindsay would be my third choice.

:teacher: DWTS Trivia:

:teacher: Drew lost 34 pounds during the show.
He and his fiance Linda will be taught how to dance their first dance at their wedding next May, by Emma & Sasha.

:teacher: Julianne sold a show to Fox that she's producing & staring in. So she probably won't be on DWTS much. if at all, next season.

If people are planning on voting after the Fusion dance, and you haven't already, go register for an account.

http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/

From what I recall from a previous season :sctatchin when the had voting right after a Dance Off, there was only a couple minutes to get a vote in. There may not be enough time to register then AND vote.

I wonder if people from every time zone can vote then, even if it's not showing yet in your time zone? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter