Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

Yes, first time voting all season for me. It was a tough decision. I wanted to throw some votes for Drew, as I'd rather see Victoria go next week. But, I thought they'd be wasted votes. :( (I think Val throws behind the scene hissy fits or threatens not to come back next season or something if he doesn't make it far enough. Why else does HE and his partners get the distracting lighting, smoke effects, or people standing in front of their footwork, more consistently than any other dance pro, season to season? :confused3 :scratchin ) So I gave Frankie all my votes.
Even though we didn't vote for Drew, it's possible his HGTV fans will save him. I'm believe the Val theory, though. That whiny baby.

I like Victoria just fine, but I think she should have gone home. I'm not sure she can get through another week and it's making me cringe for her.

Glad Lindsey is better though.

Had a moment when I thought Jordan might be a surprise elimination, which would have been a shame. Last week was as low on the leader board as he's going.

I think viewers think Jordan will win, but are they actually putting in the effort to vote?

I gave my votes to Lindsay because I just really like her. I'm hoping to see Jordan, Lindsay and Frankie in the finals and I'm good with any of them winning.

I also still can't get over how bad that trio of Val, Victoria and Laurie was...

Not a fan of the trio dances this time. I agree with PP that the pro has to make the returning star and the current star shine instead of just the current star. I don't understand why they keep putting Frankie as one of the two for elimination. Glad Terrell went home Drew can go next. Torn for my favorite between Frankie and Jordan. I also agree that watching Val's dance week after week with all of the extra lighting is so distracting and hard to watch. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't come back next year.

Right now I'm rooting for Frankie, Jordan, and Lindsay, in that order. I'm really enjoying watching Jordan, but want Frankie to win, so all my votes will go to him.

I loved seeing Kristi Yamaguchi back again. She was one of my favorites years ago. She looked almost exactly the same! I thought their trio dance was great, but honestly, that one with Lindsay, Jordan and Corbin was insanely good. I realize he's a ringer, but that was straight up amazing.

Frankie remains my favorite and I thought his trio dance with Alfonso was really good as well. I'm not sure if he's really in the bottom for votes or if that's just the producers playing it up to make it seem he's in trouble. I sincerely hope he makes it to the final.

My husband was going crazy with this one. That was not waltz music, and then Len said Drew was off tempo? What tempo?

I agree entirely with your husband. The song choice for the dance was just not appropriate.

You can tell Emma just had a bear trying to choreograph to it. You can't do a proper waltz to that music. This kind of stuff seems to happen almost every season, and this time I think it really hurt Drew. If you watch the video without the music, his actual dance was pretty good.

Off tempo? Good thing I'm not on the show. I would have laughed in his face.

Drew Scott and Emma
Tango (Song: “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers)
Jazz (Song: “Yeah!” (feat. Lil Jon, Ludacris) by Usher (Season 17, Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff))
1-800-868-3404

Victoria Arlen and Val
Waltz (Song: “To Build a Home” (feat. Patrick Watson) by Cinematic Orchestra)
Charleston (Song: “Bang Bang” by will.i.am (Season 17, Amber Riley and Derek Hough))
1-800-868-3413

Lindsey Stirling and Mark
Contemporary (Song: “Head High” by Alexander Jean)
Tango (Song: “Feel So Close” by Calvin Harris (Season 18, Meryl Davis and Maks Chmerkovskiy))
1-800-868-3407

Frankie Muniz and Whitney
Salsa (Song: “Shake” by Yin Yang Twins & Pitbull)
Paso Doblé (Song: “Carnival De Paris” by Dario G (Season 4, Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough))
1-800-868-3405

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay
Argentine Tango (Song: “Brother” (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by NEEDTOBREATHE)
Jive (Song: “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner (Season 22, Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas)
1-800-868-3406

(I think Val throws behind the scene hissy fits or threatens not to come back next season or something if he doesn't make it far enough. Why else does HE and his partners get the distracting lighting, smoke effects, or people standing in front of their footwork, more consistently than any other dance pro, season to season? :confused3 :scratchin )

As much as I love the passion and dare I say arrogance of Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern European male dancers, I've finally had enough of Val and Maks. Give Gleb and Artem better "stars" to work with, so we can enjoy them longer in the season, please!

Terri

As much as I love the passion and dare I say arrogance of Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern European male dancers, I've finally had enough of Val and Maks.

::yes:: I used to really like Val, when he first came on the show. He was the shyer, more humble, younger brother of Maks. And during the DWTS All-Stars, even though he was one of the Final 3, he was soooo happy for Tony when he won. :yay: He & Maks lifted Tony up onto their shoulders. Val knew his own time to win would come.

Now, IMO, he seems to be arrogant & full of himself. :snooty: And thinks every season should be his time to win, regardless if others are better. :headache:

No, they are re-creating a dance that Mark choreographed in a previous season. He's dancing with Lindsey only, but they will do a dance previously choreographed by Maks.

It's "famous dances" night, or something like that.

No, they are re-creating a dance that Mark choreographed in a previous season. He's dancing with Lindsey only, but they will do a dance previously choreographed by Maks.

It's "famous dances" night, or something like that.
Whew. I was so confused!

:teacher: DWTS Trivia:

Alexa & Carlos PenaVega's Hallmark movie is this Sun at 8pm.

Carlos' character is a dance teacher and he teaches Alexa's character to dance. (I think they owe DWTS some commission for teaching them to partner dance. ;))

Last edited:
Lindsay A. may not be able to perform the rest of the season. She's got a knee injury. Sharna is learning her routines just in case! She's touch and go till showtime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter