DAH Magic Kingdom or DHS ( My favourite park!)

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am taking my 16yo niece to WDW in January over my birthday (Jan 29) . I am wondering is it worth it to purchase the After hours experience ($590) for the 3 of us (hubby, myself and niece) to experience shorter waits/ and fun park evening atmosphere? I was originally considering purchasing it for the 27th at MK, but I have read that it is Extra Magic hours for deluxe guests during that Monday. The 29th of January is my birthday and I was considering trying to get a reservation at Yachtman's steak house, so it might be nice to do that at 5 pm and then head over to do DHS After Hours party after our dinner. Take time to take it easy/do our resort and Disney Springs perhaps in the day ?? Thoughts? Would you pay the extra to do the Disney after hours DHS night. I have always enjoyed the parties but sadly those aren't on this time when we are there.

If I had the $$ to splurge I would definitely do Disney After Hours at DHS in particular. It has so many super-popular rides that it's hard to fit them all in a regular park day without long waits. Magic Kingdom has plenty of lower-wait things to do when the crowds hit midday but DHS is very ride-focused. I would love to spend an evening there just bouncing from ride to ride and eating ice cream!

Hi! I am taking my 16yo niece to WDW in January over my birthday (Jan 29) . I am wondering is it worth it to purchase the After hours experience ($590) for the 3 of us (hubby, myself and niece) to experience shorter waits/ and fun park evening atmosphere? I was originally considering purchasing it for the 27th at MK, but I have read that it is Extra Magic hours for deluxe guests during that Monday. The 29th of January is my birthday and I was considering trying to get a reservation at Yachtman's steak house, so it might be nice to do that at 5 pm and then head over to do DHS After Hours party after our dinner. Take time to take it easy/do our resort and Disney Springs perhaps in the day ?? Thoughts? Would you pay the extra to do the Disney after hours DHS night. I have always enjoyed the parties but sadly those aren't on this time when we are there.
I haven't done Disney After Hours, so can't answer your main question. However, I want to be sure you are not misunderstanding what is happening the evening of January 27. There will be Disney After Hours at the Magic Kingdom that night. That is the paid event open to anyone who buys a ticket. It is not the event limited to those who are staying at deluxe resorts, Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. There will probably be an Extended Evening Hours event that night, but it will likely be at Epcot. As you know, there will be a Disney After Hours event on January 29 at Hollywood Studios. There will also probably be an Extended Evening Hours event that night, likely at Magic Kingdom. So, both nights will likely have both a paid event and an event that will be ""free" for deluxe resort guests. (The Extended Evening Hours dates for January haven't been announced yet, but it is usually Epcot on Mondays and Magic Kingdom on Wednesdays during that time of year.)

In our opinion the only one kinda worth it is MK because there are so many rides there. We've done AHs at DHS and we'll never do it again, it was a pretty crappy experience. You have to also think a lot of attractions at DHS are shows which are closed so there's just not enough to spread out the crowds for what they allow in.

We've done Extra hours at Epcot ans while not the same thing, again there's just not enough, most things are spread out there and again World Showcase is closed so takes away from the appeal.

I know some love them, but other than at MK (if with the right circumstances) they are just not worth it at all in our opinion.

If I had the $$ to splurge I would definitely do Disney After Hours at DHS in particular. It has so many super-popular rides that it's hard to fit them all in a regular park day without long waits. Magic Kingdom has plenty of lower-wait things to do when the crowds hit midday but DHS is very ride-focused. I would love to spend an evening there just bouncing from ride to ride and eating ice cream!
I made the decision and just hit purchase to buy the tickets for my birthday on January 29th - I’m thinking it’ll be nice to do the rides at a lower crowd evening and while I could’ve chosen MK on the 27th, I decided DHS would be better as it’s my favourite park, it had starwars land and as you said it’s pretty ride centric. I don’t really ℒℴ𝓋ℯ a lot of the MK rides anyways, I’m pretty happy if I get on space mountain, pirates, Peter Pan and big thunder (although sadly that’s closed when we are there!) DHS holds more rides I enjoy, plus TOT is my personal favourite, and hubby is the hugest Starwars buff. It’ll be a nice event to spend my bday at 🥰

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest