Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not blaming this all on “locals”. If that were the case reports we’re seeing today would be seen every weekend.

“zero confidence FL at large will vaccinate or limit transmission by then” as goes the rest of the country so will FL. It’s not like FL is some bastion of anti-vaxers when compared to some states that shall remain nameless 🙄
I don't blame this all on locals but certainly as a tourist I wish Florida authorities would seem more concerned about health than politics.... As outsiders we see polls and news reports that show things that are anything but reassuring.... based on polls I don't see a lot of change to quash the pandemic there... (Lots of it's all fake stuff though ---- even though we see the numbers, etc... ) In a tourist economy it's important that people trust you --- right now it's hard to do.

Last edited:
I don't blame this all on locals but certainly as a tourist I wish Florida authorities would seem more concerned about health than politics.... As outsiders we see polls and news reports that show things that are anything but reassuring.... based on polls I don't see a lot of change to quash the pandemic there... (Lots of it's all fake stuff though ---- even though we see the numbers, etc... ) In a tourist economy it's important that people trust you --- right now it's hard to do.
I can’t tell you the last poll I read anywhere that I believed 😂

Ultimately FL will have to fix its image to get people, like yourself and that’s 💯 ok, to trust them again but I think we are a looong ways from there. Like it won’t be necessary until they’re trying to hit real 100% capacity again.

Last edited:
At some point its going to be a personal decision. Get the antibodies one way or another. Its not going anywhere. I'm afraid there's only one exit door.

Tom Bricker speculates immunity certs “digital health passport” could be on its way for tourism (especially air travel) and potentially at WDW.

Walt Disney World could do likewise, requiring proof of a negative test or vaccination X days before checking into a hotel or first-use of tickets. It’s possible that the digital health pass could even interface with the Disney Park Pass or My Disney Experience infrastructure.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...g1nNeE3O0aEVU1IcX-GfiG3o-DCbmbxJ7l1l1O2hDjekQ

I have the utmost respect for Tom, but I’m amazed that he thinks Disney can pull this off. Maybe in CA, but not in Florida.
Personally, I am all for it, though.

Tom Bricker speculates immunity certs “digital health passport” could be on its way for tourism (especially air travel) and potentially at WDW.

Walt Disney World could do likewise, requiring proof of a negative test or vaccination X days before checking into a hotel or first-use of tickets. It’s possible that the digital health pass could even interface with the Disney Park Pass or My Disney Experience infrastructure.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...g1nNeE3O0aEVU1IcX-GfiG3o-DCbmbxJ7l1l1O2hDjekQ
lol

As if Disney IT could process that :rotfl2:

I have the utmost respect for Tom, but I’m amazed that he thinks Disney can pull this off. Maybe in CA, but not in Florida.
Personally, I am all for it, though.
Rough year for bloggers. Gotta get them clicks!! And that topic *guarantees* clicks. Just look at us. Poor @rteetz finally got us to shut up on the topic that literally nobody knows anything about and here we go again...

My hope would be this would not take effect until vaccine is available to all who want.

Please don’t make blanket assumptions about Floridians. Plenty of us here accept the scientific facts about Covid. In my county it seems to be a majority. Mask compliance in stores is higher than what I’ve experienced at Disney or Universal.
So I don't think this is a judgement about individual Floridians decisions (and we love Floridians --- while the weather is great it is individual Floridians who make the Florida experience that much greater.) What we do see is what is released from your State government and it's not reassuring to tourists at all --- a lot of political denial and no sense of how a tourist might interpret that. We had booked Dec 2020 and then moved to March 2021 and now moved to Dec 2021 (fingers crossed on this.) We have a trip booked for Dec 2021 and hopefully everything will be stable.

So I don't think this is a judgement about individual Floridians decisions (and we love Floridians --- while the weather is great it is individual Floridians who make the Florida experience that much greater.) What we do see is what is released from your State government and it's not reassuring to tourists at all --- a lot of political denial and no sense of how a tourist might interpret that. We had booked Dec 2020 and then moved to March 2021 and now moved to Dec 2021 (fingers crossed on this.) We have a trip booked for Dec 2021 and hopefully everything will be stable.

Oh yeah, the government at the state level is doing nothing now. County and city governments vary but many have mask requirements. Many had distancing/capacity limits til the state outlawed that. Some businesses (like theme parks and some restaurants) are choosing to limit capacity anyways. I’m hopeful it’ll be over by next Dec!

Not gonna happen, they leave billions in revenue on the table with this.

At some point its going to be a personal decision. Get the antibodies one way or another. Its not going anywhere. I'm afraid there's only one exit door.

I have no problem with personal freedom. Personal freedom is a wonderful thing that was fought for in the past and the fight can never stop. As in the past, we need to fight for it for everyone and not just for ourselves. To do this I wear a mask and do social distancing - to hopefully protect myself AND to protect others around me. I do this to protect your personal freedom and expect you to do the same because we are all in the same fight. I don't understand anyone that talks about personal freedom that can't understand that the best way to preserve it is to protect it for everyone. Those that deny the virus are denying me my personal freedom, but I will never surrender the fight to protect yours. I will not be exiting this world without a fight.

I would welcome a "vaccine passport" if it comes to that to go to WDW or a cruise (or even to fly on a plane).

We need some news to discuss.

I try not to pile on, but even though it’s complete speculation, it’s a well known blogger giving it some credence. Maybe not news worthy but prob more on point that somebody’s experience today at Universal (not related to COVID protocols) or someone’s favorite snack at Epcot which is also in this thread. Hey your rules though, I’m not trying to be disrespectful.

I agree with @Farro that the vaccine would have be relatively accessible before Disney would consider something like that.

If Disney is content on 35% capacity limits, they might be able to ride it out without enforcement.

Not gonna happen, they leave billions in revenue on the table with this.

I don’t know. I see vacationers feeling more comfortable with traveling.

Disney will be able to increase capacity and ditch the social distancing and masks protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter