• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating at sleepy hollow, thankfully under roof since it's raining. Plaza and liberty tree transfer have a 90 minute wait to be seated
Quick recap, not sure what's been posted so this might be repetitive
Walk from parking to ttc, first temp check then they give you a plastic bag to put all your electronics and metal things, you walk through the metal detector with your backpack on, cm does not touch any of your belongings
Ive seen 5 instances of surprise and delight character moments, princesses at the train station, floats with various characters
It's EMPTY, everything was a walk on this morning
Ive seen people wearing gaiters, 99% compliance of masks
Any question feel free to pm me and I'll get to then later, my live stream is also up on my page

This seems reasonable. When I was there in early March I was very aware of not touching things unnecessarily and using my hand sanitizer liberally before and after rides where I could not avoid it. And for anything that required me to hold onto something for a decently long period of time (FOP, Toy Story Mania, etc) I would go right to the restroom after and wash my hands. I also carried my own wipes with me for QS tables. Goodness knows I am ubercautious but even I think having the lap bars wiped down after ride is asking a lot.

Love seeing in the streams today how everyone is doing really well with keeping their masks on and social distancing. These are mostly CMs though so it makes sense that they would be better at following the rules. Wonder what it will be like when the parks open to the public!
This is an excellent point. I think if you are still trying to make a decision you would be well served to not put too much stock in what you see today. Or maybe even the next couple of days/weeks. I am sure they are going to revise and update as they go along and see what is working/not

and this is not a negative post. I think criticizing what you see today is also too knee jerk. I do think it’s kind of humorous to see the two camps (go/don’t go) taking different positions (rides are closed/no they are not, lines are long/they look longer than they are etc). the arguments have certainly evolved from the early days of mask/no mask

be safe everyone there. Have a blast. And if you’re not going take heart. It’s still standing and will be there for you down the road when you are up to it...

Haunted mansion is the longest wait right now at MK at 25 minutes. It looks like the storm has shut down the outdoor rides.

Eating at sleepy hollow, thankfully under roof since it's raining. Plaza and liberty tree transfer have a 90 minute wait to be seated
Quick recap, not sure what's been posted so this might be repetitive
Walk from parking to ttc, first temp check then they give you a plastic bag to put all your electronics and metal things, you walk through the metal detector with your backpack on, cm does not touch any of your belongings
Ive seen 5 instances of surprise and delight character moments, princesses at the train station, floats with various characters
It's EMPTY, everything was a walk on this morning
Ive seen people wearing gaiters, 99% compliance of masks
Any question feel free to pm me and I'll get to then later, my live stream is also up on my page
Thanks for the update!!!
Were reservations for TS allowed today? Curious to why the 90 minute wait for a table.

The CMs and locals there today are more understanding I think. Next week you’ll get entitled guests back which could cause problems. Hopefully not but I think that’s part of the thought there. We don’t know how the CM preview days will compare to regular days.
I think many of the worst offenders in the entitled guests category won't be at Disney for a while. I would think the limited experience being offered has soured them on making a trip at this time. The Facebook groups my wife belongs to have given my wife the strong impression this is the case.

Last edited:
The CMs and locals there today are more understanding I think. Next week you’ll get entitled guests back which could cause problems. Hopefully not but I think that’s part of the thought there. We don’t know how the CM preview days will compare to regular days.
Plus, all CMs and their guests have an incentive to be on their best behavior that AP holders and “regular” guests do not: employment. As has always been the case, if anything were to happen involving a CM’s guests, the CM who registered the guests is liable and could face disciplinary action from their employer (Disney).

I think many of the worst offenders in the entitled guests category won't be at Disney for a while. I would think the limited experience being offered has soured them on making a trip at this time. The Facebook my wife belongs to have given my wife the strong impression this is the case.

From your keyboard to the Disney gods ears! Hope they stay gone tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter