Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all feels like they weren't ready for any of this yet and feels really rushed. I know it's waiting on approval for them to release more information. They should already know their plans for resorts and which ones are opening. Universal and of all things Six Flags seem more on the ball through this.

I don't think it is that others are more prepared but disney is a larger place with more moving Parts then either of those. The majority of questions people have wouldn't apply to either of those. As an example, six flags says we are doing reservations based on membership level. Done. With disney you get questions like "what if I have an AP and have booked a resort but haven't bought tickets. Do I get a reservation?" Or "is a reservation good for one park or can I hop" or "what if I have reservation at one park and ADR at another" or "What if I had a FP that is now outside of new park hours" or simply "what is resort transportation (or transportation from TTC to MK) going to look like" etc etc.

Disney is more complicated due to FPs, multiple resorts, DVC, ADRs and all of that which six flags or universal don't have to deal with.

I love going-
We live about three hours away and stay onsite for several days. I am getting disheartened by the lack of communication on their part. I guess what truly did not settle well was “ We are taking reservations for July 1, but does not mean we will open”
I really hope they tell us something soon on the resorts. I am very thankful I can get my information here as Disney is really lacking when it comes to updating anyone. I know it’s a trying time for us all and in the bigger picture this is small.

I love going-
We live about three hours away and stay onsite for several days. I am getting disheartened by the lack of communication on their part. I guess what truly did not settle well was “ We are taking reservations for July 1, but does not mean we will open”
I really hope they tell us something soon on the resorts. I am very thankful I can get my information here as Disney is really lacking when it comes to updating anyone. I know it’s a trying time for us all and in the bigger picture this is small.

Honestly I think they are waiting on the plan approval before saying anything more. They don't want to give out a bunch of dates beyond their proposal and then desantis say no. That is unlikely but possible. They need the approval first.

Interesting. Okay. We'll have to see. It certainly wouldn't be the first time they put out inaccurate information.

But just to confirm: so no DVC Members technically own at Kidani or Jambo, they own at AKV in general with home resort "booking access" to both? If they chose not to reopen JH, this would be the semi-equivalent (legally) of them shutting some of the buildings at SSR for refurbishment? Disney could use their developer points on those rooms?
No, you own at one or the other. I own at Kidani, but I can book Jambo at the 7 month mark.

Ya know, I could believe that last statement ...
I think DeSantis would have preferred Disney opened last week.

Sounds believable to me as well. I think they would have approved Disney opening as early as they wanted, to some extent.

I don’t know why people were so focused on what the state would allow, it seemed pretty clear the whole time Disney was in the driver seat and holding back.

For those who are getting tickets extended were they bought as a package or separate?
Ours are separate. 4 park ticket special purchased through UT for Sept. We have a room only then at ASSP. My in-laws changed first now when I looked my ticket is changed but DH, DD and DS are still showing the 2020 dates.

Is anyone being changed for later dates too? I would think June or July tickets being changed but find it strange ours aren't until September. The 4 of us also have a 1 day ticket each that we were going to use Monday originally and that one is through December but wondering now if that one will change too

I don't think it is that others are more prepared but disney is a larger place with more moving Parts then either of those. The majority of questions people have wouldn't apply to either of those. As an example, six flags says we are doing reservations based on membership level. Done. With disney you get questions like "what if I have an AP and have booked a resort but haven't bought tickets. Do I get a reservation?" Or "is a reservation good for one park or can I hop" or "what if I have reservation at one park and ADR at another" or "What if I had a FP that is now outside of new park hours" or simply "what is resort transportation (or transportation from TTC to MK) going to look like" etc etc.

Disney is more complicated due to FPs, multiple resorts, DVC, ADRs and all of that which six flags or universal don't have to deal with.
I agree Disney is more complicated and takes more work to open. I feel like the plans they put out sound really rushed as if they weren't prepared to open this soon. It feels like the plans they put out weren't what they were planning on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest