Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a phrase that should be in no ones vocabulary at this point :rotfl2:

I'll chime in with an obligatory "it's not the norm where I'm at"... Business where I am either require it (only Costco and one grocer), don't care (most all, at the peak 50% of guests were mask wearing, seems to have dropped to 20% when I go out now) or "request but don't require" (Mom and pop shops, they say most guests are wearing but some don't and they don't hassle those)

Guess it depends. i went to the grocery store this morning and I only say one person wiithout a mask on and it's not mandatory.

Yeah, it seems like they're aware that cast member schedules get leaked typically (understandable, as there are so many thousands of employees), but to try to mitigate it, they wait until there's official announcements, which wouldn't happen on a Sunday.

I'm thinking we'll hear something in the next couple of days from Disney about dates and plans, then cast member schedules will go out.

Just checking in... No Update on Cast Member Schedules right?

I think our Mod is gonna get busy this morning folks... let's depart from the covid-sceince talk eh?

I'm also going to remind myself I've said my mask piece 500 million times and really need something else to obsess about... anyone want to chime in on The Not So Great Glove Debate?
There is one ride in particular where I can see gloves possibly being required, and that’s FOP.

And whichever thread it was which had numerous people posting "we got back in x and I think I had it" perhaps suggests they did already have one.

I take those with a grain of salt. I've seen long threads on facebook, etc of "I'm sure I got it in Jan/Feb" when it reality if that many people had it then we'd have seen it more in hospital numbers. I think it is more people want to believe they already had it so they don't have to worry which is the same as the whole "I'm not old so I have nothing to worry about". We all want to believe we specifically don't have to worry and it's only other people and that is just human nature.

But point is I think a lot of the I had covid in Jan/Feb type people more likely just got the flu which was pretty bad this year.

Then they shouldn't re-open at all if it is that unsafe.
I think if they look like they have done everything they could from a safety standpoint, then they can. If they take it half-seriously, and let guests thwart the rules, etc. then maybe they shouldn't. From a reputation standpoint that makes a big difference.

They don't need to visit WDW to get COVID from someone who went to WDW. That's the point. If Disney became a cluster source, it would endanger a lot of people who are just trying to go about their lives without extraneous risk. And that could prevent smooth reopening of other businesses. That is why DIsney has to be careful. Imagine if they were the reason some meat packing company couldn't reopen. There is going to be more effective contact tracing moving forward vs the initial peak.

"You stay at home until I feel safe coming out", which is basically what you are saying here, is an unsustainable way of life. And completely unfair to your fellow person - you're trying to control someone else's life by shaming them in the personal choices THEY made that have nothing to do with you. There's risk in every phase of life, and none of it has to do with WDW.

Its "extraneously risky" to go faster than 5 MPH on the highway. But is that the speed limit? Of course not. And we dont shut down our nations highways and freeways because of the thousands of accidents that happen on a daily basis - many of which are preventable, by the way.

People need to accept the reality that this illness is going to be around. Its going to be passed around. It can't be avoided. And if you get it, you have a 99% chance of being just fine. This idea that we have to shut down, cancel, postpone, EVERYTHING IN LIFE because of the risk that just one person out there might have this and might pass it along is, quite frankly, a joke. This virus is a part of life now. We need to learn to live with it. Not keep trying to avoid it.

For the time being, we have our answer. Chapek said masks will be required for guests and employees. Whether you like it or not, that seems to be the company's current position. Ultimately, if you don't want to wear one, then maybe this year may be the year to try another destination for vacation or do a staycation. Arguments about the feasibility and enforceability seem moot at the moment. Whether it be pool hopping, refillable mugs, or other Disney "controversies," the general consensus on these Boards is to follow Disney's stated rules (discussing how to break them is actually prohibited in The DIS's guidelines) and usually Disney finds a way to enforce these rules. I'm not going to apply a different standard to face masks.

Also, I will keep reiterating this: the moderators and owners of this Board have made it clear that this forum (and this specific thread) is not the place to have a debate regarding larger reopenings nationwide. I've been asking myself before I post: does this really pertain to WDW/Disney directly or am I really having a larger argument?

I think if Disney decides they won't enforce the rule, that will keep a lot of other guests away. Thousands of pictures of maskless guests is a terrible look for Disney. The masks are not to protect the wearer, they are to protect the public from the wearer.
The opposite could be said as well..

I think our Mod is gonna get busy this morning folks... let's depart from the covid-sceince talk eh?

I'm also going to remind myself I've said my mask piece 500 million times and really need something else to obsess about... anyone want to chime in on The Not So Great Glove Debate?
Is there a Disboards rule against science? I had no idea.

I think if they look like they have done everything they could from a safety standpoint, then they can. If they take it half-seriously, and let guests thwart the rules, etc. then maybe they shouldn't. From a reputation standpoint that makes a big difference.

Agreed. disney cannot make the risk zero but as long as they have done all they reasonable can then they should be good. The problem with WDW is it is so large with so many areas and each one is going to be slightly different then another based on the layout of that specific resort/restaurant/shop. That leads to a lot of work which points again that a phased approach may work best. Get these specific parks, resorts, resttaurants all marked and modified and open those while now working on marking/modying another group of locations vs trying to have everything ready to go before you open.

"You stay at home until I feel safe coming out", which is basically what you are saying here, is an unsustainable way of life. And completely unfair to your fellow person - you're trying to control someone else's life by shaming them in the personal choices THEY made that have nothing to do with you. There's risk in every phase of life, and none of it has to do with WDW.

Its "extraneously risky" to go faster than 5 MPH on the highway. But is that the speed limit? Of course not. And we dont shut down our nations highways and freeways because of the thousands of accidents that happen on a daily basis - many of which are preventable, by the way.

People need to accept the reality that this illness is going to be around. Its going to be passed around. It can't be avoided. And if you get it, you have a 99% chance of being just fine. This idea that we have to shut down, cancel, postpone, EVERYTHING IN LIFE because of the risk that just one person out there might have this and might pass it along is, quite frankly, a joke. This virus is a part of life now. We need to learn to live with it. Not keep trying to avoid it.
No one is stopping you from going out. We are discussing safety regulations that Disney is likely to have in place, which includes masks, frequent hand sanitizing, etc. These would be put in place so you CAN leave your house and help prevent the vulnerable from becoming ill. Let's try to avoid hyperbole.

For the time being, we have our answer. Chapek said masks will be required for guests and employees. Whether you like it or not, that seems to be the company's current position. Ultimately, if you don't want to wear one, then maybe this year may be the year to try another destination for vacation or do a staycation. Arguments about the feasibility and enforceability seem moot at the moment. Whether it be pool hopping, refillable mugs, or other Disney "controversies," the general consensus on these Boards is to follow Disney's stated rules (discussing how to break them is actually prohibited in The DIS's guidelines) and usually Disney finds a way to enforce these rules. I'm not going to apply a different standard to face masks.

Also, I will keep reiterating this: the moderators and owners of this Board have made it clear that this forum (and this specific thread) is not the place to have a debate regarding larger reopenings nationwide. I've been asking myself before I post: does this really pertain to WDW/Disney directly or am I really having a larger argument?
Saw that. Well someone will get lucky this summer with availability at BCV as we’ll stay at beach for August instead.

Does anybody remember that Magic Bands will be required ?
So for the guests not following the rules when they re-open they will have the ability to keep track of them.
I'm pretty sure there will be mask's required and mask free area's around the parks and resort's when you need some fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter