Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really curious on what my son's high school band's plan is with this going on. They were supposed to take a trip down to Disney and Universal in April to perform, but I am more or less leaning to that isn't going to happen, but haven't heard anything yet. Would suck to have worked to get all those points to get the trip to be paid for and then have nothing to show for it.

No, Disney will open all the parks when they are able. Disney isn’t going to keep a park closed longer than needed because that’s lost revenue.

Lost revenue?? They will just increase prices on everything to make up for it. And you know what? People will still come

Lost revenue?? They will just increase prices on everything to make up for it. And you know what? People will still come
Hard for people to go who lose jobs and are dealing with a mass recession. which is what's about to happen
I think this is going to lead to a recession, and it’s going to be hard on a lot of people.

I expect Disney will be offering discounts to get people to come, but that’s just my guess.

I also think the overall travel industry will be affected (people scared to fly), even when the worst is over the virus isn’t going away that quick.

I can’t see them doing that. All four parks are huge money makers. While yes we haven’t seen anything like this before even during hurricanes and after 9/11 they didn’t only open some of the parks. If you did that you would have to change your ticketing. A ticket currently is valid for all four parks. You are decreasing that value if you do this. We are likely to just see minimal staffing and all four parks running.
If it ever came to that, gotta think it would be things like mini golf and NBA experience that got shut down first followed by the water parks. Then consolidating resorts, underbooked hotels would get closed first and the guest given upgrades to more popular hotels (All stars consolidating to one of the 3, closing all large sections of the mods, maybe closing just Kidani or leaving only the grand destino tower open and closing the rest of coronado) They would trim hours at the main parks but to completely close them once the virus passes wouldn't be likely

Really curious on what my son's high school band's plan is with this going on. They were supposed to take a trip down to Disney and Universal in April to perform, but I am more or less leaning to that isn't going to happen, but haven't heard anything yet. Would suck to have worked to get all those points to get the trip to be paid for and then have nothing to show for it.

Washington State here.

Before the schools were shut down here, they had travel bans in place. Those came first. Then it was no sporting events, concerts, or any outside of school hours activities. Now it's full closure statewide starting Tuesday.

I think this is going to lead to a recession, and it’s going to be hard on a lot of people.

I expect Disney will be offering discounts to get people to come, but that’s just my guess.

I also think the overall travel industry will be affected (people scared to fly), even when the worst is over the virus isn’t going away that quick.
The travel industry is already being destroyed. And it wont lead to a recession ,it already has begun. Layoffs have started and will continue. Not every company can pay employees for the duration. Within 3 months this will be a full blown global recession of disastrous proportions

The travel industry is already being destroyed. And it wont lead to a recession ,it already has begun. Layoffs have started and will continue. Not every company can pay employees for the duration. Within 3 months this will be a full blown global recession of disastrous proportions

While all of that is possible, it's also likely we would rebound pretty quickly too. This will blow over - it could take a year or 18 months. I wouldn't cancel your 2021 plans to go to Disney just yet.

Exactly my point, if Disney tries to increase prices during a rescission I’m sure some people will still go, but I expect discount to get people to come.

I was more quoting you as a reply to the other post I quoted, and agreeing with you. It’s going to get very bad for lots of people and industries.

I think things are going to be very different moving forward.
We are likely to see a whole new way of arranging society, and I am not entirely sure what that will really mean.
Especially given that people are pulling in a variety of directions now. Many people are volunteering to help more vulnerable people to cope. Many people are stripping supermarket shelves of things that may need sharing more if life is to go on comfortably.
I don't know how this will find equilibrium, but it will not be soon.
Travel is going to be a very different experience in the future.

The realities are setting in on people. This isnt a 2 week deal. It will be lucky if its 6 weeks. And the impact is going to be crazy

Its strange to me that that wasn’t apparent to everyone from the beginning of this discussion. I said as soon as the closures started this would absolutely be the start of a huge recession if not worse.

Its strange to me that that wasn’t apparent to everyone from the beginning of this discussion. I said as soon as the closures started this would absolutely be the start of a huge recession if not worse.
Noone has been willing to use the d word yet but I dont see it as out of the realm of possibility depending on how long this lasts. From an economic standpoint. This is very very bad. People are accustomed to everything will be ok. And long term. They will. But people also dont realize the full effects of this just yet

There was a lot of denial and people really wanting to belive it was just the flu. Shoot even today I know people who still think this is overreaction and the hyterial is being caused by <insert boogeyman here> for their own gain. (and there are multiple boogeymen people see).

I do agree when disney reopens they are going to need to do more discounts or perks. Free Dining is always a popular one so we could see them roll that out more often like they used to.

There was a lot of denial and people really wanting to belive it was just the flu. Shoot even today I know people who still think this is overreaction and the hyterial is being caused by <insert boogeyman here> for their own gain. (and there are multiple boogeymen people see).

I do agree when disney reopens they are going to need to do more discounts or perks. Free Dining is always a popular one so we could see them roll that out more often like they used to.

that’s what I’m thinking, discounts like after 9/11 , it’s going to take a lot IMO to get people to travel so soon after

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter