Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. The closure could very well be extended, so Disney would be foolish not to be prepared for more than a two week closure. However, preparing to be closed longer, and planning to be closed longer are two different things. The college where DW works is planning to be closed for two weeks, but actively preparing for the possibility it could be longer; but just because they're prepared for longer doesn't mean they're writing off the plan to reopen in two weeks, it just means they won't be caught off guard if they don't.

What it means is they hope to reopen in 2 weeks. Doesn't mean they expect to though. Two different things. For a business the size of disney let's say I'm 80% sure it won't open in 2 weeks and expect it to be longer. 20% would be enough to leave opening in 2 weeks as an option and not take it off the table.

Of course. The closure could very well be extended, so Disney would be foolish not to be prepared for more than a two week closure. However, preparing to be closed longer, and planning to be closed longer are two different things. The college where DW works is planning to be closed for two weeks, but actively preparing for the possibility it could be longer; but just because they're prepared for longer doesn't mean they're writing off the plan to reopen in two weeks, it just means they won't be caught off guard if they don't.
If disney was prepping to be back open in two weeks they wouldn’t be sending the college program kids home and saying their program is over.

What it means is they hope to reopen in 2 weeks. Doesn't mean they expect to though. Two different things. For a business the size of disney let's say I'm 80% sure it won't open in 2 weeks and expect it to be longer. 20% would be enough to leave opening in 2 weeks as an option and not take it off the table.
Unless you have inside information into what Disney "expects" to happen, that's pure conjecture on your part.

I'm not saying they will reopen in two weeks; I'm saying that all we know is that the parks are closed though 3/31. Anything beyond that is speculation until Disney announces otherwise.

Unless you have inside information into what Disney "expects" to happen, that's pure conjecture on your part.

I'm not saying they will reopen in two weeks; I'm saying that all we know is that the parks are closed though 3/31. Anything beyond that is speculation until Disney announces otherwise.
Like I said this is more than speculation but believe what you will.

Whether you’re prepping or planning you look at the leading indicators. Ending the CP isn’t proof but it’s definitely an indicator.

My closest thing to insider info is the posts I read from you 😂.

But I have been following COVID-19 updates since January or so and knowing what I know at this point, I think 2 weeks is very very unlikely. This doesn’t just go away once you shut things down. This is going to get much worse. I think our count is in months not weeks to get this under control enough to the point Disney can open again. If they had kept it open that would be one thing, but I would be shocked if it’s opened back up before the situation has stabilized and started to improve.

The international and college kids getting sent home is huge.

Disney will be fine. Even an extended closure through april and into.may will hurt, but it wont destroy the company. The places hurt will be small businesses and individuals who lose hours or jobs. It also is going to create a forced recession and it will take a while to recover. But disney will get through just fine. No better time to have a number cruncher at the helm
Nobody can say this with certainty. What is happening now is unprecedented in modern times. That said, I agree they will probably be ok.

Everything was priced for and planned for perfection...this will not be that way for many months followed by some degree of recession.

Again, I'm not arguing that Disney will reopen in two weeks. I would not be surprised at all if they don't.

I don't "believe" anything. I'm choosing not to speculate beyond what information has actually been released. For some reason, everyone keeps interpreting that as me saying they will open in two weeks, which I've never said once.

Again, I'm not arguing that Disney will reopen in two weeks. I would not be surprised at all if they don't.

I don't "believe" anything. I'm choosing not to speculate beyond what information has actually been released. For some reason, everyone keeps interpreting that as me saying they will open in two weeks, which I've never said once.
[/QUOTE]
There are people here with insight and more than just one or two are saying they expect this to be more than 2 weeks, more along the lines of 4-6. You can accuse people of speculating but some people speculate based on pretty reliable information. When they post, learn who they are and trust they likely know more than you do.

So if your only point is we don't know when they will open and all they have said is 2 weeks then you are right.

Threads like this are going to talk about what people think will happen and speculation is going to happen. Nature of the thread. If you don't want to speculate you have the facts we know "2 weeks closure".

There are people here with insight and more than just one or two are saying they expect this to be more than 2 weeks, more along the lines of 4-6. You can accuse people of speculating but some people speculate based on pretty reliable information. When they post, learn who they are and trust they likely know more than you do.
[/QUOTE]
4-6 weeks is way too optimistic too.

4-6 weeks is way too optimistic too.
[/QUOTE]
I dont disagree. I'm thinking memorial.day but wouldnt be surprised if its longer

Seems the burden to reopen is quite great like the virus has subsided and the public health risk and liability are far reduced... But the ramp up curve with 14 day incubation... As nih dude said things will get much much worse.

Anyone know yet what Disney will do for those of us cutoff mid-trip? We won’t be able to do two of our park days, but we already started using our tickets. I don’t feel like calling and waiting on hold for forever yet. ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter