Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah! Feeling stoopid. I had it backwards. B is closed; A is open. I went back and corrected my OP. Sorry about that.
Well least you only got it wrong on a post. On more than one occasion I've ended up at the wrong side rental desks. I dont know why but I find finding my way around MCU very confusing!

It's a real quagmire. This story added a perspective to me emphasizing those that are impacted including CM's, etc. So regardless of which side of the visit/don't-visit fence I'm on, the reality of what these folks are going through is really tough. I guess I look at it as for every CM that is working in the resorts/parks, there is at least one that is not.
And this is how people should see it. I have read so many posts saying "the theme parks aren't essential" but they are, to the CM, the TM the Ambassador to the amusement park worker, the housekeeper, the front desk, maintenance, landscaper, gift shop worker. We have not even started seeing the effects of the 4 months of closure yet. The Disney-Actor Union dispute has no end in sight, this will be real bad for Disney in the end when the only difference between them and any other theme park is their top of the line entertainment

And this is how people should see it. I have read so many posts saying "the theme parks aren't essential" but they are, to the CM, the TM the Ambassador to the amusement park worker, the housekeeper, the front desk, maintenance, landscaper, gift shop worker. We have not even started seeing the effects of the 4 months of closure yet. The Disney-Actor Union dispute has no end in sight, this will be real bad for Disney in the end when the only difference between them and any other theme park is their top of the line entertainment
Yep, we are headed for something much worse than the Depression of the 30's. Open or closed doesn't really matter. Either the virus shuts things down or fear. Businesses will continue to close until we have a vaccine or effective treatment. Just nature of the beast. Look and help who you can in your local area. It will get ugly.

Obviously hard to comment without getting a little political but unless we are prepared to pay people effectively, sufficiently, and efficiently then jobs are needed for people to get by ... And the more places that can provide those jobs and do it as safe as possible (and Disney seems to do) the better - but going to be hard to get to anything close to "normal" for a while

Unless the bag was big enough to warrant a manual bag search, I guess this means their new touchless bag check machines work...
From the story I read when this first happened, the security guard actually saw the gun in her bag before she even got to the security checkpoint and pulled her over to the side. So it was visible prior to entering the new machines.

I heard that Disney Springs hit capacity on Friday night. Is there any way to know when Disney Springs hits capacity short of showing up and being turned away?

I don’t disagree - theme parks are vital to FL’s economy. But this argument could be made for nearly every industry. Nearly every person’s job is essential to their livelihood. Everything is “essential” to the people working there. But that’s not what defines an essential business, unfortunately.

I don’t disagree - theme parks are vital to FL’s economy. But this argument could be made for nearly every industry. Nearly every person’s job is essential to their livelihood. Everything is “essential” to the people working there. But that’s not what defines an essential business, unfortunately.

It is essential to the economy though. If Disney isnt paying workers, the local economy takes a huge hit.

Has anyone mentioned how the 2pm boarding passes have gone? Wait times for HS seem much better in the afternoon so we’re contemplating skipping the 10am chaos all around.

Has anyone mentioned how the 2pm boarding passes have gone? Wait times for HS seem much better in the afternoon so we’re contemplating skipping the 10am chaos all around.
With the ride failures of Rise, You need all three attempts, and getting in at 10 is ideal. Both days when we went in it wasn't crazy getting into the park. Just hang out at Brown Derby, try for 10 AM, and then we went to ToT / Aerosmith with little to no wait. Also the times are 10 AM , 1 PM and 4 PM.

With the ride failures of Rise, You need all three attempts, and getting in at 10 is ideal. Both days when we went in it wasn't crazy getting into the park. Just hang out at Brown Derby, try for 10 AM, and then we went to ToT / Aerosmith with little to no wait. Also the times are 10 AM , 1 PM and 4 PM.
No. They changed them to 10am and 2pm starting this past Friday.

Nope, it's 10 and 2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter