Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyft to outside Contemporary then walk to MK, Lyft can let you out right past the guard shack, you don’t even have to go on contemporary property. Then take the path straight to MK.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they crack down on that more with the restrictions on resort hopping. Plus it backs up traffic quite a bit in that area when people are getting dropped off by rideshare.

Right, but I’m curious with the reservation system if you’ll still book one park per day in advance, and when you’ll be able to add the second (or more) parks.
They will keep the park reservation system in place till they no longer need it..."it's there just in case"
When they decide it's safe then everybody's reservation's won't be needed, then it will be back to park hopping for everybody :yay: with proper tickets or AP of course...

It will be interesting to see if when people who buy 2021 packages tomorrow and add hoppers if they are able to add more than one park a day to their reservation or they just cap it at one for now.

Can we add/remove hoppers on a package? I believe changing # of days is fine before the final payment, but I have never done a package before, so I'm not fully versed on how all of the terms work...I'm not sure if I will cancel my AP or not, depending on what information they provide us in "early July." I want to book a package with tickets prior to making park reservations, in the case that they would cancel my reservations if I cancel my AP and don't have regular tickets. I figure I will gamble on the tickets and will just use/apply them another time if I keep the AP. I do NOT want to gamble on possibly not having entrance to the parks for Marathon Weekend! This is all so confusing and requiring way more thinking ahead than I am used to, I have a hard enough time picking what park for FPs :faint:

Idk why this is the first time I’m thinking about this, and I’m sure someone else has brought this up....There are going to be so many drunk people at EPCOT this summer. Some spend entire days there, but most I would think leave early, or come in late. But if you’re confined to 1 park for 10 hours, and they’re open with the longest amount of afternoon/night hours because they open up last of the 4 parks. Hope they’re prepared for that

Can we add/remove hoppers on a package? I believe changing # of days is fine before the final payment, but I have never done a package before, so I'm not fully versed on how all of the terms work...I'm not sure if I will cancel my AP or not, depending on what information they provide us in "early July." I want to book a package with tickets prior to making park reservations, in the case that they would cancel my reservations if I cancel my AP and don't have regular tickets. I figure I will gamble on the tickets and will just use/apply them another time if I keep the AP. I do NOT want to gamble on possibly not having entrance to the parks for Marathon Weekend! This is all so confusing and requiring way more thinking ahead than I am used to, I have a hard enough time picking what park for FPs :faint:

Yes, you can modify the tickets on a resort package.

My resort reservation has extra people that don’t exist....it says two more ppl than are actually on it and it forced me to “name” them in order to make park reservations. My resort reservation on MDE says 2 adults and 2 children....we are only 1 adult and 1child. I checked the reservation and it has correct 1/1.....I’m on hold currently but curious if anyone had some similar happen?

Are they fully laid off, or is Universal taking a page from Disney and offloading some employee expenses (through a furlough through Aug 1) for folks they don't need right now...
I don’t have any inside information, only what’s said in the article. It does, however, sound like they’re fully laid off. The article makes it clear that the information has not been confirmed.

I’m confused about what’s happening tomorrow. I thought people with room only 2021 reservations who had to rebook from Disney being closed this year were going to be able to call starting tomorrow to upgrade to packages. But now... everyone can book a 2021 package starting tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST? Are those of us with rooms already for 2021 able to call earlier tomorrow morning? Thanks in advance!
I'm with you. That tweet seems to be causing confusion since what it says doesn't match what Disney has stated the past several days in emails and on their website. As of right now, the Disney website still says...

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

Want to Book a New Vacation?

By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues."

...so unless Disney has changed their plans and just hasn't updated the official info (which I suppose is possible), then tomorrow is only for converting 2021 room-only reservations, and new 2021 packages.

That being said, as long as someone has the time, and tempers their expectations, knowing that it's possible they might not be able to get new tickets, it doesn't hurt to give it a try, just in case.

Due to the confusion I have been looking for more info about tomorrow. This Is what I found in the WDW Prep School Patreon Facebook group:

and this comment:

Just had a 2021 call with my BDM and he said 6/24 for all Disney owned hotels that are currently scheduled to be open. So, for example, All Stars have no current opening date for 2020, so they won’t be open yet for 2021. Also, Swan and Dolphin, Four Seasons, and Disney Springs area resorts open tomorrow. Good Neighbors open the 28th.

Magical Express is available now. The poster you quoted was referring to Resort Airline Check In, which is where you bring your bags on check out day.

Random question but one I was always curious about does magical express take you to any of the Disney Springs Hotels?

Nope, or at least not the ones I looked at! One of the reasons we switched to on-site!

Makes sense, just was curious since several of the DS Springs Hotel are basically "on site" and come with alot of the same benefits EMH etc etc so wasn't sure.

Due to the confusion I have been looking for more info about tomorrow. This Is what I found in the WDW Prep School Patreon Facebook group:

View attachment 503694

and this comment:

Just had a 2021 call with my BDM and he said 6/24 for all Disney owned hotels that are currently scheduled to be open. So, for example, All Stars have no current opening date for 2020, so they won’t be open yet for 2021. Also, Swan and Dolphin, Four Seasons, and Disney Springs area resorts open tomorrow. Good Neighbors open the 28th.
Wow. If this is the case, then Disney really needs to get all of their departments on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter