• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT- What the Heck Happened?!?!

SnoWhiteRabbit

DIS Veteran
Ok, I've called for CRT before -- I know to call a few minutes before 7:00, etc. This time was the first time I needed to follow the 1 and the 1 method.

So I called early, first severel tries I got the "....Our office is closed...." so I'd hang up and hit redial. The first time I got the "Thank you for calling Disney Dining. We're experiencing high call volume..." I pressed 1. Than I pressed 1 again.

The next thing I heard was, "Please enter your 10 digidt resort reservation #" :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: I was NOT prepared for that!! I tried pressing 1 again :rolleyes: because I didn't know what else to do -- I felt like a deer in the headlights!
And the recording says, "We didn't quite get that. Plese try again! ":eek:

So I just hang up and redial, and for the next 15 minutes, I can't even get to the Disney Dining high call volume message. I keep getting the phone company type recording, "We're sorry all circuits are busy right now. Your call can not go through" :(

What the heck happened?!?! Anyone else have trouble with the 1 and 1 method, or with calling for PS today??

I've got to try again tomorrow -- but now I am afraid of the 1 and 1 method!:eek:

hey...you know i got that yesterday and then ahd to wait for 20 mins.....
i think the trick ( it worked for me today) is..as soon as you hear "welcome to disney dining....." wait for one sec when she starts saying"if you are calling to make ......." ( goes on to Victorias and alberts press2) start hitting 1 + 1 asap.....thats what i did and i did not have to enter all that info in...yesterday when i had to do that i started crusing LMAO " these dam promps"...my DH thought i was CRAZY....( he does not understand seconds are PRECIOUS on the dining line :earseek: )

good luck tomarrow!

Tina

Same thing happened to me. Tried a few times before 7am. Got through 6:59. Once the recording started did the 1-1 thing, next thing I know they are asking for my phone nubmer or resv. number. Completely confused but entered phone number then they asked to re-enter! Followed remaining prompts but have been on hold ever since. I know it is all booked up since it is now 7:30a (actually 6:30a here and I am not a morning person!)

This is insane!

I'm on hold too. Trying to get CP dinner pkg. Obviously, there's no hope for CRT a 7:30am, but what about PSB? Is that as big a deal?

I just called to book the Candlelight Processional for our trip. I couldn't believe they asked for my reservation number or phone number. Why do they need that information to book a PS? :confused:

I called at 7:00 and did not speak to someone until 7:20.

I really want to book Cinderella's breakfast for Christmas morning. I have a feeling it's not going to happen.:(

Oh My!!!!! I've been on hold for CP since 7am well, but it's now been over 55 minutes and I've not spoken to a CM. What number did you use to get through? My DH took my daughters to school this am. Two different schools, opposite sides of town. He'll be home before I even get a CM on the line.

A very nice CM named Lyla finally came on after holding for nearly an hour.

Didn't even try for CRT but did get PSB for 10:20am. Actually PSB was my first choice since we will be at BCV and with MVMCP the night before a little later PS and nearby is better. It was the almost 3 yr old that has watched the home video of our trip in 1999 with our oldest and keeps asking if she can have breakfast with 'Cinnerella' too.

Also got CP for 5:40p on 11-30 before MVMCP. Figured there would be nothing there either, good suprise.

Well now time to get the kids up for school!

Originally posted by disneyjunkie
I just called to book the Candlelight Processional for our trip. I couldn't believe they asked for my reservation number or phone number. Why do they need that information to book a PS? :confused:

I called at 7:00 and did not speak to someone until 7:20.

I really want to book Cinderella's breakfast for Christmas morning. I have a feeling it's not going to happen.:(

Pixie Dust on September 26th that you get CRT!

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter