crossing the border in less than 72 hours- what do you need?

I'm currently in PHX for work (boss has me working his workshop) and I have to say that once again, having a NEXUS card made the airport super easy to navigate. Security and Customs took no more than 15 minutes. Honestly, it may have taken longer to figure out my checked baggage situation.

Downside: I spent about 90 minutes working after I got through.

Did my PCR test at a CVS drive through today. Super easy, although I don't know how accurate it can really be.

Oh, and I got to have dinner with a Real Housewife (of Trona), so cross that off the bucket list of "things I didn't realize would ever happen".

We crossed back today at 330 pm Fort Erie. Most lanes were open with about 5 cars waiting at each. Some cars were taking up to 15 mins to clear, several cars at secondary. When it was our turn, I had the printed Arrivecan receipt and the app open on a tablet. The agent asked for our passports, how long we were away, how much value of goods, alcohol etc. Handed back the passports and said 'have a nice day'. Never asked about the Arrivecan info.

We crossed back today at 330 pm Fort Erie. Most lanes were open with about 5 cars waiting at each. Some cars were taking up to 15 mins to clear, several cars at secondary. When it was our turn, I had the printed Arrivecan receipt and the app open on a tablet. The agent asked for our passports, how long we were away, how much value of goods, alcohol etc. Handed back the passports and said 'have a nice day'. Never asked about the Arrivecan info.

Ya, when we crossed they didn't ask to see our arrivecan info either.

They don’t ask to see it because it’s in the system when they scan your passport.

When we crossed the Peace Bridge yesterday morning there were 4 cars but we went through the Nexus line, the agent asked what we were doing and asked my DH if he was essentially just the driver 😂. We crossed back over at Queenston Lewiston, Nexus lane was not open 😡, and it was pre Covid level wait 😂. I think lots of people are not downloading the app, the car in front of me was showing their vaccine receipts 🤦🏼‍♀️. The CBSA agent scanned our Nexus cards, asked where we were coming from, asked our total and said I won’t send you in today because you had completed the ArriveCAN app and to keep it up, that tells me there were a lot of people not bothering to. This was my 2nd time back over since Nov 8th reopening.

Thinking of doing a short Target run tomorrow with my daughter. We both have downloaded the ArriveCan app. Do we need to bring anything else and do we just fill out the form at Target before we leave or how does it work?

Thinking of doing a short Target run tomorrow with my daughter. We both have downloaded the ArriveCan app. Do we need to bring anything else and do we just fill out the form at Target before we leave or how does it work?

Nope you just need your ArriveCAN app filled out and your passport. You can fill out the ArriveCAN app anytime within 72 hrs, you just need to know when you are planning to back over and which border you are crossing.

Please report back, would love to do this as well. I miss Target runs.

Please report back, would love to do this as well. I miss Target runs.
My daughter and I used to joke that as soon as the border opened there would just be a bunch of Canadians standing in Target crying and that they would need crisis counsellors on hand :laughing:.

Strangely we haven’t gone over yet. Our trip is so soon that I think we are just waiting the three weeks until we go .

Just got back and it was everything we hoped it would be, lol! I swear we spent about 45 minutes just in the stocking stuffer aisle - they have the best stuff - oh how we missed that place. We also gassed up at Costco and did a quick run through there. Hit up our favourite Mexican restaurant for take out on the way back. Over all a successful trip with no issues whatsoever.

Also I should add that I had a weird gut feeling to bring our actual proof of vaccine notes even though we had no issues loading the app and wouldn't you know the customs officer actually did ask for mine, so was thankful I listened to my gut.

Also I should add that I had a weird gut feeling to bring our actual proof of vaccine notes even though we had no issues loading the app and wouldn't you know the customs officer actually did ask for mine, so was thankful I listened to my gut.
I was just on the website the other day and it still said to bring a printed copy. That was the first time I had heard of that . I had been assuming if we had it in our app / phones it would be enough. Good to know … I’ll be printing out for sure !

oh, I’ve been over twice in the last month and neither time were we asked, we didn’t even have to show them the ArriveCAN app because it pulled up when they scanned our Nexus cards. I have mine in my wallet all the time anyways for the restaurant’s or places that haven’t downloaded the QR app to scan the electronic version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter