CRO Tells Me: "Lots" of Canadians Going in October

Yes Lisa, I remember you telling us about "THE" trip at the Limeridge meet. All I can say is WOW! What a perfect opportunity for you to have the "best of both worlds"!

Hi Lisa:

I remember your other trip. But with proper planning and setting limits, go for it girl. Your making more memories, hopefully good ones this time. Have a great trip.

Deb.

LOL..... I too remember the "story" of your vacation from @#%^!;) BUT I bet you this time will be totally different and I can't wait for you to get back and tell us a whole different story of your great vacation! Go for it!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Well, after sleeping on it I'm thinking I may just stick with our original Mother/Daughter trip in October. As nice as this "bonus" trip sounds, I really wanted to make this 16th Birthday trip special for DD and already have so much planned. There's just something in my "gut" that says "stick with your original plans" so I'm going to give it some more thought. I am such a "take control" type person but when it comes to Disney I can't seem to make up my mind about anything :confused:. DH just looks at me & laughs :)...you guys are probably all thinking the same thing hearing me ramble on & on...sorry ;).

LOL, Lisa! You're going to need a vacation from all this planning BEFORE the actual trip! :p

If I understand you correctly, you have decided to keep the special mother/daughter trip to the Poly in October but you are still giving "some thought" to the bonus trip your friend has offered you? If so, why don't you stay at the CSR for the trip with your friend? Then your daughter will get to experience her other "dream" resort too! Since she's only 16, you still have time do a cruise next year!

You're right Julie...I was thinking the same thing, LOL. But, I've come to a decision (imagine ;)). We're not going to do the August trip. We're going to do the Monther/Daughter trip in October & stay at the Poly the way I had originally planned way back when. I just got off the phone with wenabre and she agrees that it's the best thing to do (thank goodness I have someone who understands Disney to talk to about all this stuff ;)).

Here I was thinking about saving & staying at the CSR in October and then to turn around & spend extra for a trip in August? Yes, most of it would be paid for but I'd still need passes & spending (which adds up to a fair amount). So why not just spend the extra $$ at the Poly and do DD's dream vacation :). Her 16th birthday only happens once & I want it to be really special...going 2 months before would detract from that excitement I think.

Anyway, I've talked it over with my friend & she totally understands. We're thinking we'll plan something for the 3 of us for next summer (but I don't even want to think about that right now). So thanks for listening everyone...I'm thinking I should stay off these boards until we leave so I don't keep adjusting our plans. At the very least, I'm not going to post any changes to our plans until I've thought about them for at least 7 days ;) ;)!

Ok Lisa,
Now that the decision is made, cancel all the other bookings. Get a chart or calendar and start writing different things on it for you and your Daughter that you will look forward to doing. Check out the different books and sites to do lots of little fun things like find a talking garbage can or being on the first ferry over to Tom Sawyer Island to look for one of the paint brushes that will get you a prize. When we did that, we took photos of us holding the paint brush and pretending to paint different sites on the island.
Also do Toon town as well, we never bothered as we thought it was only for the little ones, but it was fun.
Kaighley and I gave each other free coupons for an ice cream, or a $2 gift or a sweet from the store and enjoyed trading them in.
Having met both you and your Daughter I know you will make this a super Mom and Daughter/16th birthday holiday.
By the way, when my daughter goes off to University in the fall and I am in need of a Daughter, can I borrow yours on occassion?
Wenabre:D

Sure Wendy, you can borrow her whenever you like...I'm sure she'd love to be your daughter for one of those Disney Cruises you're always taking ;) ;) (seeing as though I'm too chicken to take her on one :)). Talk to you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter