Crackdown on line jumping and holding places in line…

ShoeCello

Mouseketeer
…at Knott’s Berry Farm: https://www.ocregister.com/2024/06/...s-down-on-line-jumping-what-you-need-to-know/

For those without access, Knott’s is being explicitly clear in their policies that line jumping and holding places in lines is not allowed, unless a party notifies a CM that they need to leave and re-enter the queue. They’ve posted signs asking guests to text security when they see violators, and will dispatch security teams to educate guests in the policies. I know Disneyland will probably never implement such a system (the logistics and bandwidth required for DLR compared to Knott’s is obviously much greater) but would love to see more enforcement at DLR. Anyone been to Knott’s and see this policy in action and if it’s effective?

I went to Knotts last year and the line jumping was out of control. Glad they’re trying to do something about it.

lolllllll

Disneyland be like we are no longer allowing people to get DAS for bathroom lines....leave the line and come back to your spot the complete opposite of this
I was just about to say this. That's the advice they have been giving people denied for DAS (WDW), "have someone hold your place and return in the line." Having this policy at Knotts will be confusing for those that attend both parks.

Actually, last year, my Mom who has mobility and bathroom issues was told exactly this by the first DAS CM she talked to via the video chat. I told her to try someone else as it was an awful idea. I could just envision the people trying to block her thinking she was cutting. I was suspicious since DH and I actually had to leave a line once (RSR) and people were resistant to let us pass them to leave. I know we are going to hear countless stories like this from folks who will inevitably be denied by DAS starting 6/18.

Last edited:
Was just at DL for 2 days this last weekend and was pleasantly surprised with how little line-jumping I witnessed. I can only recall once or twice where some random person was pushing up through the line for no apparent reason. Only other line jumpers were family members with a small child who jumped back in line at an easily accessible corner spot. That happened twice that I can remember and the only annoyance there was no acknowledgment from the cutters/holders to us. I would think just out of sheer politeness you would turn back to the people right behind and say something like "Sorry, little guy had to use the restroom" or whatever. Instead both times they just jumped in without a word ahead of us. But compared to what goes on at the little local parks in lines I'll take that any day.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest