CR Construction Pics-Week of 6/24

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
As promised here they are, taken from viewing deck. Had dinner later that night @ CG, waiter asked if we knew they were building at the north site, when he noticed the DVC designation on our room key when we were settling up the bill.:)

janetpictures308.jpg

janetpictures309.jpg
janetpictures310.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Sure is a lot of smoke while Disney claims there is no fire! :rotfl:

popcorn::

I saw a small unsubstantiated reader report in All-Ears (7/3) that a sign at the construction site entrance indicates that family suites will be constructed on the rumored DVC property. Did anybody else see that? Anybody heard if that has been substantiated?

So am I understanding this correctly? Is this the building of Contemporary Resort Villas for the DVC?

And where is the "viewing deck?"

The foundation doesn't look half circle shaped like the drawings? Does the foot print look like the C shape building when viewed from above?

So am I understanding this correctly? Is this the building of Contemporary Resort Villas for the DVC?

And where is the "viewing deck?"

Sure hope so:banana: :wizard: would like to think it the worst-kept secret.

Viewing deck = observation deck on (4th? floor - the one w/Chef Mickeys @ CR) North side/nearest MK.

It was too dark by the time we were done w/dinner @ CG to get any pics from that deck's perspective.

DH supposed that the giant augers are searching for bedrock/foundation supports. Don't think the concrete that is down is part of the buildings actual foundation.

When we were checking out of VWL and moving to OKW that week..the bellhop was chatting up my DH. He said he used to work at CR for the past 30 years but had to move over to VWL because they knocked out 400 rooms on the north side to make room for the new DVC resort. DH didn't even ask him as he is not into that stuff like me. It would be great if it's true!

they just send out the information for bids for the steel and cement at the end of May - don't they let them have 6 to 8 weeks to return the bids - okay I don't know what I am talking about.....;)

Thanks for the updated pictures. This is my favorite disney rumor, especially now that the wand is coming down at EPCOT.

CP pug: pug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter