CP "Pending" - Anyone figured out why?

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
My son just got an email saying he is "pending." Does anyone know why someone would get this? Is it because Disney hasn't heard back from the college? or need to verify previous employment? or the interviewer wasn't impressed?
any ideas????
He is an alum from 2011 and he was not told that he had any 'holds' on his records. He didn't have any points. So his previous records as far as he knows looks real good. He was pended last time also for about 2 months before he was accepted. So we're really wondering if his college has anything to do with the pending. I sure hope someone knows what causes a "pending" status! thanks~

One of my friends who has done two programs got pended after 3 weeks. I'm so confused about the pending thing too! The official blog says its for when they aren't exactly sure where to place them, but wouldn't alumni be easier to place? That's just my thinking.

I just found out I got pended too :/ I have good grades and good work experience, and I thought my interview went pretty well, so I was definitely a little disheartened...but I guess all we can do it keep waiting :confused3

From my understanding, pending typically is used for special cases for popular positions. For example, if his top 3 were Full Service, Character Attendant, and Transportation (all limited positions) and he wasn't open to much else they may have trouble with others competing for the same thing. They would need to step back and review all the applicants to find the best fit for the role.

What were his top 3 roles?

Also, I am going to refer to the Disney Programs Blog since I live on there, check out the My Application is Pending - What Does that Mean? entry.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

My top three roles were cocierge, hospitality, and merch...with an emphasis on the first two. Are those typically roles that get pended?

My top three roles were cocierge, hospitality, and merch...with an emphasis on the first two. Are those typically roles that get pended?
Concierge is very limited for starters. Most that are accepted (from what I have seen and heard) are business/hospitality majors. Same goes for hospitality, really. Merchandise is usually quite open since it has a lot of positions open.

Were you open to working custodial or attractions?

Pending I believe is based on roles that are quite limited, and if you have limited availability there is definitely a competition.

Concierge is very limited for starters. Most that are accepted (from what I have seen and heard) are business/hospitality majors. Same goes for hospitality, really. Merchandise is usually quite open since it has a lot of positions open.

I'm a business major, so maybe there is still hope for me for hospitality :) Thanks for your insight!:goodvibes

My top three are Character Attendant, Attractions, and Merchandise. I know Character Attendant is popular, but im I more likely to get Attractions or Merchandise or will they try to see if I get Character Attendant?

I'm a business major, so maybe there is still hope for me for hospitality :) Thanks for your insight!:goodvibes
There is always hope! As long as you are open to different opportunities and experiences you should be perfectly fine. :)

My top three are Character Attendant, Attractions, and Merchandise. I know Character Attendant is popular, but im I more likely to get Attractions or Merchandise or will they try to see if I get Character Attendant?
They always try their best to accommodate your first choice, but really look for the best fit for you. I can't say much for Character Attendant since I don't know the exact numbers, but I know that Attractions and Merchandise are in the top 3 roles with the most available positions for the CP.

Best of luck to you both, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

There is always hope! As long as you are open to different opportunities and experiences you should be perfectly fine. :)

They always try their best to accommodate your first choice, but really look for the best fit for you. I can't say much for Character Attendant since I don't know the exact numbers, but I know that Attractions and Merchandise are in the top 3 roles with the most available positions for the CP.

Best of luck to you both, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! :):tigger:

My husband and I officially joined the pending party this morning. I thought I'd be super upset, but I'm actually really calm about it. It means we can still audition in a month, where if we had been told no, we couldn't. So crossing my fingers that we both rock our auctions!(it's my dream for us to be character performers together, we would be hanging with the different dogs :D)

One of my friends pended for 5 weeks when we applied for the Fall 2010 program! But then she got accepted for Merchandise. Concierge and Hospitality were also her top 2. They are just really difficult roles to get!

One of my friends pended for 5 weeks when we applied for the Fall 2010 program! But then she got accepted for Merchandise. Concierge and Hospitality were also her top 2. They are just really difficult roles to get!

My top roles were character performer, vacation planner, character attendant and attractions. I then expressed high interest in bbb, hospitality, concierge, meo, (and I told her any of my high interest I wouldn't mind) she also asked about merchandise, which I put as a moderate. I said I only put it as moderate because I did merchandise before(and been working in retail for 4 years) and that I wanted to try something new but I would totally not mind being put in merchandise again.

My husbands top roles were character performer, transportation, and merchandise I beleive.

I was pended for Fall 2010 way back in the day. I said that the only role I was interested in for the CP was Concierge, which I think is rare. After I was pended I panicked and called and added Hospitality and Vacation Planner as well. A few weeks later I was accepted for Concierge funny enough, not that I was complaining! Concierge is a really tough one though, in my experience they take mostly kids on their second program (2nd timers were practically the only one placed in Deluxes) and ICPs. Only a handful of first-time CPs get put into the role because of the high stress, computer know-how and the need to know huge amounts of knowledge about the parks (and every other tourist attraction in the state of Florida). But it's definitely possible to get! I'm also an English major, so you don't have to be business or hospitality. :thumbsup2

I was pended for Fall 2010 way back in the day. I said that the only role I was interested in for the CP was Concierge, which I think is rare. After I was pended I panicked and called and added Hospitality and Vacation Planner as well. A few weeks later I was accepted for Concierge funny enough, not that I was complaining! Concierge is a really tough one though, in my experience they take mostly kids on their second program (2nd timers were practically the only one placed in Deluxes) and ICPs. Only a handful of first-time CPs get put into the role because of the high stress, computer know-how and the need to know huge amounts of knowledge about the parks (and every other tourist attraction in the state of Florida). But it's definitely possible to get! I'm also an English major, so you don't have to be business or hospitality. :thumbsup2

I am an English major too! I asked my interviewer about how it was probably easier if you were a hospitality major and she said yes, but we would still put it down.

I'm keeping positive about this, surprisingly. I am just glad we didn't get denied right off!

Ah, the pending party- I joined that club last semester, so I know that it is NOT a fun place to be!! I applied for the Spring 2012 semester, and my top 3 roles were Character Performer, Attractions, and Character Attendant. I applied the very first day applications came out and was among the first to do the phone interviews. I received my pending email 3 weeks after my phone interview, and at first I thought they were just waiting for my character audition to make a decision.
I was pending for 3 months before I was finally rejected. The pending situation is very bizarre and I'm sure different people are pending for many different reasons. I guess the best thing anyone can do in those situations is just wait it out and hope for the best. And if things don't work out the way you wish they did, just reapply for the following semester! That's what I did and I was accepted 2 weeks after my phone interview for attractions!
:thumbsup2 Best of luck everyone!!

Just a little encouragement-I was pended last Friday the 24th and today, just one week later, I was accepted! Merchandise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter