CP dinner package?

magicalmcwho

DIS Veteran
I have a CP dinner package for Dec. 6, show at 5:00 and dinner after wards. My question is the later shows better than the 5:00 show.

Thanks for any input.

Jim. :wave2:

Hi magicalmcwho! This is just my opinion but I prefer the other 2 shows because I like the show better when it is dark. When the 5:00 show starts it is not dark yet. The singing and narration are still wonderful at 5:00 but, again in my opinion, I prefer it to be dark.

That being said... I know there are other considerations i.e. when you want to eat, needs of little ones, perhaps wanting to leave Epcot before Illuminations "traffic", etc. but you asked about the difffernce in the show.

Have a great trip!

Last year was our 1st time at CP. We attended the 2nd show and opted for dinner after - it was just me and ds12 and we like to eat late on holiday. Several days before we were in Epcot and walked by during the 1st show. CM's invited us to have a seat since it was not full. We did and enjoyed about 30 mins. before scooting out to our ps. When we attended our scheduled performance several days later it was much darker, however, for us, at least, the dark did not make a difference. It is incredibly moving and the music is so beautiful and uplifting. I will say, however, that when we arrived at Chefs de France for our dinner reservation 20 minutes early there was an enormous crowd. We waited 45 minutes for our table and would never, ever do that again. The restaurant was wonderful and our server was great. However, the long wait was a huge let down after that incredibly spiritual experience of CP.

MamaQuack

After dark we like the visual effects of these performances better than 5:00 show.Other than that all shows are awesome and inspiring.::yes:: :wave2:

Call me a Disney dunce but what does CP stand for? Thanks for the help :D

CP is Candlelight Processional, a beautiful presentation performed 3 times each evening at the American Theatre in Epcot during the holidays. There is a choir made up of WDW singers and visiting choirs, and a narrator who tells the Christmas story. It's a beautiful show!

We have only done CP once, and we chose the first showing for a couple of reasons. One reason is that so many people seem to prefer the later two shows. We hate waiting in line at WDW and avoid lines whenever possible. So we attend the least-popular show time to avoid long lines. Plus, it's just my personal preference to attend shows before eating rather than after. As far as how dark it is, that's not a major factor for me. The show was absolutely beautiful when we saw it, and I don't think the fact that it was not totally dark yet took away from it.

I thought the 5:00 show would be better for our 3yr old DD. We hae PS at Le Cellier at around 8:00, can't remember exact time. This will be our fist time to eat there and sounds like it is a very popular place to eat.

May try a latter show on another day.

Thanks for the input.

Jim.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter