Covid + after start of vacation

I don’t think Disney would ever want to advertise their policy. Let’s say it’s 50% off at the fort for your additional days. You know there’s always a few that’ll claim to be positive so they can get into the fort for 50% off. :rotfl:

Devils advocate here: my mom had the flu beginning of December (like, full first week of december) and is STILL coughing. They came to visit the week between Christmas and New Years and she had a horrible cough, she was worried so she got a covid test just in case so she didn't bring anything here to spread it to us, they also flu tested her and she was negative for both but sounded absolutely horrendous. She wanted to go out shopping for a few craft supplies while here, took some cough syrup, and only coughed one time but we had a lady lose it on us in the store (my mom was masked, and had ONE cough). Omicron is actually mostly snot, like a regular cold, but there is more than that going around right now and sometimes that just lingers in people.

On a different note: On our family trip to WDW over Memorial day week I had a kid cough right in my face as I was going to put my mask on to get in line for haunted mansion (I mean, could not have gotten me more square in the face with that cough), and 3 days later I woke up with a screaming sore throat and feeling horrible. It was the day we were supposed to drive home anyway so we informed the resort so they would know for housekeeping, and then we drove home (6.5-7 hour drive). If it hadn't been check out day we probably would have shortened our trip anyway, but we were lucky we can easily drive home. It ended up being just a bad cold, and no one else in my family got sick thank goodness, but it was a reminder to always be prepared for it.

I can sympathize with your mom. I had an upper respiratory infection in July and coughed for month. My doctor was on top of trying to figure out why and I had X-rays and CT scans of my chest, etc. I was still coughing in November and they were getting ready to send me to a Pulmonologist to see if they could figure out what the deal was. Then they thought about my blood pressure meds and apparently the blood pressure meds I'm on can cause people to develop a cough. The respiratory infection kick started a cough and the the blood pressure meds just made it stick around. Once they changed that med I quite coughing within a few days. So for four months I had this chronic cough and on the rare occassion I had to go out (I work from home) even though I was keeping my distance from people, masked and still covered my mouth area with my arm when I would cough people would give me death stares. I just had to explain I was diagnosed with a chronic cough from scar tissue on my lungs...UGH!

I can sympathize with your mom. I had an upper respiratory infection in July and coughed for month. My doctor was on top of trying to figure out why and I had X-rays and CT scans of my chest, etc. I was still coughing in November and they were getting ready to send me to a Pulmonologist to see if they could figure out what the deal was. Then they thought about my blood pressure meds and apparently the blood pressure meds I'm on can cause people to develop a cough. The respiratory infection kick started a cough and the the blood pressure meds just made it stick around. Once they changed that med I quite coughing within a few days. So for four months I had this chronic cough and on the rare occassion I had to go out (I work from home) even though I was keeping my distance from people, masked and still covered my mouth area with my arm when I would cough people would give me death stares. I just had to explain I was diagnosed with a chronic cough from scar tissue on my lungs...UGH!
YES! My mom was put on new heart meds right before she got sick and they realized it was causing the cough to stick around, they just switched her to something else and she's finally on the mend. She mainly works alone, the only issue is that her office has shared air ducts with another office and that guy came in hacking up a lung after Thanksgiving, she said she knew she should have just turned right around and worked from home for a week or two but she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt *sigh* (he was fresh in to his illness and thought since he worked in his office alone it was ok to come in to work, not giving thought to the shared air duct situation). So now she has been working from home, and has decided to retire, she's had enough. I felt horrible for her though, nothing contagious and people were treating her like she was trying to kill them.

Disney has a quarantine policy in place. They quarantine at resorts where it’s possible to distance like wilderness lodge cabins.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ne-is-like-at-the-most-magical-place-on-earth
NAC helps with clearing congestion. When I go to Disney I take a breath spray that has alcohol and spray my mouth when I feel I’ve been too close to others (herbpharm brand). I recently added Omega 7 and choline for liver issues. Heart meds deplete CoQ10, so ask the Dr if she can supplement. Magnesium and Apple Cider Vinegar help lower bp. Hope she feels better.

Last edited:
Disney has a quarantine policy in place. They quarantine at resorts where it’s possible to distance like wilderness lodge cabins.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ne-is-like-at-the-most-magical-place-on-earth
NAC helps with clearing congestion. When I go to Disney I take a breath spray that has alcohol and spray my mouth when I feel I’ve been too close to others (herbpharm brand). I recently added Omega 7 and choline for liver issues. Heart meds deplete CoQ10, so ask the Dr if she can supplement. Magnesium and Apple Cider Vinegar help lower bp. Hope she feels better.
That article was written a year ago. Is that still the current policy? I work with someone who tested
positive while staying in AK in Dec. She called front desk and they asked when she was checking out.
She wanted to stay in room the next 5 days to isolate but felt uncomfortable and they did not offer
any suggestions. She ended up booking another place by airport that was 1/4 the price since she
had to stay in room anyway before coming home.

That article was written a year ago. Is that still the current policy?
I'm not sure that it was ever official "policy" anyway. I think WDW will try to work with people when they can. I don't believe they have rooms set aside for quarantine. If they aren't full, they may be able to offer some options, possibly discounted or not. But if they are full they aren't going to be able to accommodate a request to quarantine onsite.

That article was written a year ago. Is that still the current policy? I work with someone who tested
positive while staying in AK in Dec. She called front desk and they asked when she was checking out.
She wanted to stay in room the next 5 days to isolate but felt uncomfortable and they did not offer
any suggestions. She ended up booking another place by airport that was 1/4 the price since she
had to stay in room anyway before coming home.
Wow. I didn’t know. I suppose this came as a cost cutting measure as well. I thought if not wilderness they would partner with Hilton or some other quarantine friendly hotel. I don’t think AKL was ever on the list, plus some of those go for 1k a night. I guess Disney isn’t phased by bad publicity anymore.

Garden grocer delivers groceries, but I don’t think they do last minute orders (need 2-3 days notice).

https://www.gardengrocer.com/index.html

Last edited:
I guess Disney isn’t phased by bad publicity anymore.
I'm curious why anyone would think that's bad publicity? Why should WDW encourage a person sick with a highly contagious virus to remain in their very busy resorts? I do think they work with guests as they can -- but if the resorts are full they are under no obligation to extend reservations or move people.

I'm not sure that it was ever official "policy" anyway. I think WDW will try to work with people when they can. I don't believe they have rooms set aside for quarantine. If they aren't full, they may be able to offer some options, possibly discounted or not. But if they are full they aren't going to be able to accommodate a request to quarantine onsite.
Since it was the Holiday season they probably were full. When she texted me I said why would you stay
in that expensive room if you are not planning on going to the parks? So they did allow her to cancel
the rest of days without a penalty and check out. I thought that was nice of them. Also she got
refunded for the after party ticket. They probably were able to rent the room again quickly anyway lol.

Anyway this may be a tricky area going forward since everyone should know the risks involved with
traveling nowadays. So your mileage may vary widely.

I'm curious why anyone would think that's bad publicity? Why should WDW encourage a person sick with a highly contagious virus to remain in their very busy resorts? I do think they work with guests as they can -- but if the resorts are full they are under no obligation to extend reservations or move people.
But if say you have a heart attack on their property, they do/should offer help as common courtesy (Happened to a family friend). Disney is different than other theme parks, hence the higher price we pay for that Goodwill.

I wouldn’t expect them to give up revenue from a fully booked hotel though.

Last edited:
As an anxious/paranoid/cautious/_fill_in_the_blank_ person, I've pondered these scenarios over and over. There is no perfect solution for someone who cannot travel on their own back home without stopping overnight. It is funny how we think about backup plans involving checking out of Disney, but finding another hotel to quarantine in. I suppose they can add "less likely to be next door to a quarantining family" to the on-site perks!

But if say you have a heart attack on their property, they do/should offer help as common courtesy (Happened to a family friend). Disney is different than other theme parks, hence the higher price we pay for that Goodwill.

I wouldn’t expect them to give up revenue from a fully booked hotel though.
Your hypothetical doesn't even resemble an apples-to-apples comparison. They have no obligation to "partner with a Hilton or some other quarantine-friendly hotel." None of that sums up to cost-cutting or bad publicity in my view.

Your hypothetical doesn't even resemble an apples-to-apples comparison. They have no obligation to "partner with a Hilton or some other quarantine-friendly hotel." None of that sums up to cost-cutting or bad publicity in my view.
Cost cutting as in no more wilderness rooms for Quarantine. They offered this option to guests when quarantine became necesssry. This was Disney‘s offering not my opinion. And they apparently no longer offer it, so it’s cost cutting.

As to public perception, that varies (my experience vs yours; both are valid and mutually exclusive). We can agree to disagree that Disney has had its share of bad publicity recently and they’ve made little to no change=don’t care about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter