Could the Dream Turn the Grump into a Believer? Charleston Update 10/13

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks for joining in!

I'm here...now I have to just go back and read!!! :banana:

Hi Jen, thanks for coming over!

So thats what I need to call my DH. :rotfl: he sounds kind of like yours...we get the rolled eyes, sometime civila talk and then sometimes anger. Good thing I have a vute DD to help me persuade him.
And I'm a doer too, while my DH would like more resting.
I can't wait to read more. When we originally were planning to go in Dec on the Wonder, we had planned the night before at AKL, but then it all fell through and with no PIN for March, I couldn't justify the cost.

Yeah, you have a big advantage having Claire, I bet she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. Don has said on more than one occasion that he is glad he doesn't have a little girl or he'd be pudding in her hands :laughing:

I thankfully got a 40% off pin code for our stay at AKL or I wouldn't have been able to justify it either.

I'm in! As the wife of a Resister, I too am tired of the eye rolling!!!!! :lmao:

I think Don will realy like DCL. My DH did. It's got all the flair of Disney, but without the exhaustion. And doing a land/sea combo was a good compromise for us. Have a great time!!!!!

We actually just got back and he did love cruising!

Thanks for joining in on my TR!

Okay, I'm in! I'm glad to get to join from the start!! Now, I shall actually read the first post! :laughing:

Rub it in Wigd and Shocker, just rub it in...

Don looks pretty happy in that picture - he must have enjoyed Jiko a little bit!
Very handsome young men you have there too! What a lovely family!

Okay. Let's hear about this really long road trip from OK. I'll see if it compares to my really long road trip from MN!

Hi Sheree!

I know, you can believe the nerve of Wigd and Shocker, I've been home a week and they are still riding the monorail.....I'm just jealous of course :thumbsup2

I actually think our drives are pretty similar, I just don't deal with it as well as you do :laughing:

Great start! I love that you call your DH a resister. :rotfl: Great way to put it. I'm a bit more lucky, as Ben likes Disney, just not to the level I do.

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure...I think a cruise it on the list to do in a few years....like 5-6.

I must admit, I stole the 'resister' moniker from Trish (cdolta) she has one too....

Once you go on a cruise you'll be hooked!

I'm totally in! Can't wait to hear how this story ends. I want to know sooooo bad what he thought of the cruise, but I know I'll have to wait! :rolleyes:

Thanks for coming over! Well, I won't keep you in suspense, he loved the cruise, was it enough to bring him around though, that is the question.....

SoonerGirl, I'm already loving this report! I'd say our families are very similarly situated (except we have THREE boys - ages pre-school to pre-teen.) Our plan for August is similar to yours: two nights at BWI, 3-night Dream and one night at BC!

Can't wait to hear more!

Don and I talked about having another child but I wasn't sure I could handle the testosterone overload in the house if I ended up with a third boy so we stuck with two. :laughing:

You will LOVE the Dream!

Cool, I've been waiting for your TR. I'm subbing & now back to start reading!
Doris
Whose Tulsa GDs will be taking their first ever trip to WDW in Sept. with me!:cheer2:

Thanks for joining in Doris! You are going to have so much fun with your GDs, and September is such a great time to go!

Hey Michelle!!! I am here!!! YAY! :yay: Not first page but at least second!!! Can't wait to hear all about your fabulous cruise and all the fun you guys had!!!! Congrats on all your new fun with the TA work, and I LOVE your new photo bar, soo cute!!! I am sure you have some great stories... hopefully no stories about lounge chairs.. :lmao:

Hey HD!! Or shall I call you cruise enabler extraordinaire? :laughing: I like my new photo bar too, I almost didn't change it until after I posted those pics in the report but I was tired of looking at the old one and couldn't resist, lol!

Shhhh, we won't talk about lounge chairs.......

Lol! I have a resistor too!

There are alot of us out there, maybe we need to start some sort of support group :laughing:

Unable to RESIST subbing in :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing how "Resistance was Futile" for Don.

Hey Sharon, thanks for coming over!

Here! Here! Here! I am really very excited about this trip report, Michelle!

Yay Jackie's here! :cheer2:

Subscribing to this TR...can't wait to read about how your trip was!!:goodvibes

Thanks for jumping on board!

:welcome:

Hi Michelle! I'm here! I can't wait to read all about your vacation! :)

Hey Erika, thanks for coming over!

Oh my gosh, look at your ticker!!! You're almost in single digits :woohoo:

I'm here Michelle!! Can't wait to hear all about the cruise!!!!

Hi Jen! I'm sure Anita has already filled you in on most of it, hopefully I'll have something new to share :thumbsup2

:yay: Michelle!! So happy you started....hope you LOVED AKL and can't wait to hear all about your cruise!!! I was on the Wonder 4 years ago and am long overdue for a cruise!! :upsidedow

Tracy

Thanks for coming over! Well, I won't keep you in suspense, he loved the cruise, was it enough to bring him around though, that is the question.....

Oh, I can't believe you spilled the beans right off the bat! I thought you would torture and tease us with that tidbit for a little while at least! :rotfl: I am so glad to hear that though! That is awesome! Very, very happy for you! Well, at least now you know that even if he never gives in on WDW, that you can still talk him into another cruise. I'd say that is progress! :thumbsup2

Oooh, the cruise line forum! I've never been on this one. haha Looking forward to your TR!

I'm here and so excited to see all your pics and read about your adventures! Fingers crossed that you managed to convert him! :wizard:

Hey Michelle!
I'm here, too! Hoping to keep up! I've missed you, great start, can't wait to read more! And btw, the boys looks SO big and you look GREAT girl!! :goodvibes

I'm here!:yay:I can't wait to hear all the details. Charlie is a resister as well. I get the eye rolling and conversations that end in tears too. I do agree that there are a lot of other places to go. My problem is I want to do those AND Disney.:lmao: We are doing our AKL stay after the cruise and I am trying my best to make it relaxing. Maybe I can get some inspiration from you.

Count me in! I have not quite a resister, but a laugher. He laughs at all the stuff I plan and buy and plan and plan and plan for Disney! In a nice way, but at least he enjoys and reaps the rewards of all that planning! :)
Can't wait to read the report! :)

Yay, you started! You know I'm in! :yay: Can't wait to hear all about it, especially the Dream! And the cabana.......

Oh my goodness, I am all the way on page 3!! Better late than never, right?:flower3:

Looking forward to this report! Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all about it!:goodvibes

:yay: Michelle!! So happy you started....hope you LOVED AKL and can't wait to hear all about your cruise!!! I was on the Wonder 4 years ago and am long overdue for a cruise!! :upsidedow

Tracy

Yay Tracy's here!!

You really do need another cruise! The Dream is a beautiful ship and I'm sure the Fantasy will be too, you would love it! Call me, I'll get ya all hooked up ;)

Oh, I can't believe you spilled the beans right off the bat! I thought you would torture and tease us with that tidbit for a little while at least! :rotfl: I am so glad to hear that though! That is awesome! Very, very happy for you! Well, at least now you know that even if he never gives in on WDW, that you can still talk him into another cruise. I'd say that is progress! :thumbsup2

I know, I'm so bad at keeping secrets :lmao:

Joining in. I came over from MeMom's report.

:welcome: Thanks for coming over! That MeMom sure writes a good report doesn't she?

Oooh, the cruise line forum! I've never been on this one. haha Looking forward to your TR!

New waters to sail! Get it? Cruise board....new waters? Geez, I crack myself up :laughing:

I'm here and so excited to see all your pics and read about your adventures! Fingers crossed that you managed to convert him! :wizard:

Hey Kayce, glad you're here! How are your fall plans coming along? Are you doing a PTR??

Hey Michelle!
I'm here, too! Hoping to keep up! I've missed you, great start, can't wait to read more! And btw, the boys looks SO big and you look GREAT girl!! :goodvibes

Hey Kristen! So glad to see you over here! It's crazy how fast these kids change isn't it?

I'm here!:yay:I can't wait to hear all the details. Charlie is a resister as well. I get the eye rolling and conversations that end in tears too. I do agree that there are a lot of other places to go. My problem is I want to do those AND Disney.:lmao: We are doing our AKL stay after the cruise and I am trying my best to make it relaxing. Maybe I can get some inspiration from you.

Hi Marna! I know you live with the same terrible affliction as I, what are we going to do with these boys? :laughing: I totally agree with you too, I DO want to visit all of the places on Don's list, but I want my annual Disney trip as well! I gotta get me one of those winning lottery tickets......

oops, forgot to sub! that's how long I've been MIA! ;)

Oooops!

Hi Michelle! I'm definitely joining in! Great intro - can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Hi Tanz, thanks for coming over!!

Count me in! I have not quite a resister, but a laugher. He laughs at all the stuff I plan and buy and plan and plan and plan for Disney! In a nice way, but at least he enjoys and reaps the rewards of all that planning! :)
Can't wait to read the report! :)

:welcome: My DH laughs at all my incessant planning (for everything!) as well. I can't help it, I'm a planner, probably to a fault! :laughing:

Yay, you started! You know I'm in! :yay: Can't wait to hear all about it, especially the Dream! And the cabana.......

Hey Ann, glad you're here!! I'm going to have longing for a cruise by the time I'm done :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, I am all the way on page 3!! Better late than never, right?:flower3:

Looking forward to this report! Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all about it!:goodvibes

Hey Stacy! It doesn't matter when you get here, just that you come :goodvibes

My DH is also a resistor, so if he wants us to go to Vegas, I get a Disney trip! I'm a Vegas resistor.

I wanted a daughter, but wound up with 4 sons!:lovestruc Now that they are adults it is so much fun to hear the stories of their escapades!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter