Coronado Springs and Princess

sss

Mouseketeer
I think I know the answer to this, but just double checking because I’ve never stayed at this resort before….Coronado Springs runs busses to the Expo and the race on race weekends, right? Any reviews from those of you who have stayed there on a race weekend is much appreciated! TIA!

I think I know the answer to this, but just double checking because I’ve never stayed at this resort before….Coronado Springs runs busses to the Expo and the race on race weekends, right? Any reviews from those of you who have stayed there on a race weekend is much appreciated! TIA!
All Disney resorts have buses to the Expo and races. Coronado Springs has been my least favorite resort to stay at during a race weekend. Some of the rooms can be 3/4 mile from the food court and last time I was there they didn't have satellite drink machines located throughout the resort like some of the other larger resorts. Transportation to and from Expo and races runs from all bus stops, though, and isn't an issue.

Reactions: sss
Yup, my mom and I stayed there in 2019 and we were able to get an expo bus and race bus from the closest bus stop to our room. I liked the resort and it was quiet. The food court was good for breakfast, and we ate lunches and dinners away from CS based on our plans.

This was before the Tower opened and the bus pattern for the parks kept the buses quite full. I hear now with the Tower buses can be a make or break point for guests. You have to take a bus everywhere, unless you have a rental car or Uber. There’s no other alternative transportation option.

We stayed there for Princess 2022. We were in Casitas 1 and the bus situation was great. The Casitas bus stop was always the first on the race bus circuit.

I stayed there this year for Springtime Surprise and Wine & Dine. I stayed in the Casitas, so I was near the first park bus stop and the second rD bus stop (the race buses usually go in a different entrance than the park buses, so they go to the tower first instead of last). I was very happy with the experience both times.

I stayed at CSR for Princess last year and had no complaints. I’m a fan of that resort in general. We stayed in Ranchos that stay and had no problems with the races busses at all.

the race buses usually go in a different entrance than the park buses, so they go to the tower first instead of last

That wasn't my experience for Princess. There were buses actually parked in front of Casitas waiting to be told to go. Maybe it depends on the charter bus company?

Anyway CSR is a great race resort. Biggest whirlpool spa on property! 😎

We stayed in the Tower for a F&W race weekend pre Covid and thought it was a great runD weekend spot. CSR is nice and central within WDW so getting around is reasonably efficient. I had to plan my meals a bit as the restaurants there don’t necessarily have items on the menu ideal for running (or at least not what I wanted to eat before a longer race) but YMMV in that regard.

I stayed in the tower for Springtime Surprise weekend and really enjoyed it. I would definitely stay there again.

I'm glad to see this post! I'm booked there for Princess as well. A little worried about finding pre-race food and how big the resort is. I usually stay at the Swan/Dolphin but couldn't get anything for Princess weekend.

I’ll be a CS as well. No idea yet if I’ll be able to get a race number, but we’ll be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter