Coral Reef - New Menu!! yummmmmie!!!!

I too have had the seared Tuna and loved it. This place is a favorite for my family.

Wow, I'm amazed that they took the crab cakes off the menu. Your salmon appetizer sounds delicious. How was your location in terms of table?

This is why I stay tuned in. You never know what little gems of info you will get. I will now be attempting to change my resses form Tappanyaki to Coral Reef Thanks

purpliequeen said:
Wow, I'm amazed that they took the crab cakes off the menu. Your salmon appetizer sounds delicious. How was your location in terms of table?

DH had the seared salmon entree and really liked it. We were seated on the third level next to the mosaic ledge. We could see the tanks quite well. There was a large group across from us next to the wall. We had an 8:20 ADR, arrived at 8 during a thunderstorm and were seated within 15 minutes. The service was excellent, we were not rushed. We left about 9:30.

Babs :wave:

dawgfan said:
I too have had the seared Tuna and loved it. This place is a favorite for my family.

I know I am supposed to get the Tuna Medium rare, but I will only eat meat completely cooked. I like Tuna steak, but I like it cooked well done. Will I be allowed to have it cooked well done?

I will be there December 9th as part of the candelight processional package. Great to hear about the wonderful new menu.

My DH and I had dinner at Coral Reef last week. DH had the tuna and it was truly excellent. My mahi mahi was also good but I was just disappointed I had not had the tuna too. I had lobster soup for my appetizer, which was good but very rich and DH had some kind of seafood/crab souffle. Which he said was OK but liked my soup better.

Coral Reef was my fav meal of our trip a couple weeks ago. I didn't notice if the steak questions have been answered, I read through real fast but rest assured there is Prime Rib and mine was absolutely out of this world. I had the souffle followed by the prime rib/baked potato/vegetable finishing with the chocolate wave. Everything was perfect including the service which we encountered a small dining plan problem, I had credits but my friends were told they did not even though we shared a room and ate all our meals together. Our server offered to pick up the tab on their meal after he called our resort and was told they had no credits. They told him that they had gone to CRT which took two credits, we knew that I had gone there too but I still had credits. I refused to let him pay since I knew there was a credit issue, he got the manager who was soo helpful and got to the bottom of the credit issue. We tipped him huge above and beyond the dining plan (he probably ended up with about 50%) because of his service, patience and because it was our most pleasurable dining experience of our vacation even with the dining plan issue.

can you tell me if the cream of lobster soup is still on the menu? Not that it's a deal breaker for us if it isn't but this is our longtime favorite and it doesn't show up on the new lunch menu posted on allearsnet.com (we have dinner plans). If not I'll just have to suffer through the shrimp cocktail :).

kj2mom said:
encountered a small dining plan problem, I had credits but my friends were told they did not even though we shared a room and ate all our meals together.
We had the same problem-Kona charged our card twice so we used 4 credits for the 2 of us! Got it straight but only after a bit of leg work and a few phone calls. back on topic- we are eating there in May. Can't wait!

lomillerin said:
I know I am supposed to get the Tuna Medium rare, but I will only eat meat completely cooked. I like Tuna steak, but I like it cooked well done. Will I be allowed to have it cooked well done?

When I go out and order tuna, I always ask for it to be prepared well done. I get looks from people, but I just don't care for it rare. Slightly less than well done is great though.

The new menus for all of Epcot are right here on this board actually. I can't link for some reason..mouse isn't working. But, go to www.disboards.com At the top is a box that has the latest news in it and scroll down a bit and you will find the Epcot new menus link. Coral Reefs is on there, they all are.

We ate at the Coral Reef this past Friday night. It was by far our favorite meal (and we ate at Le Cellier and other good restaurants). The shrimp cocktail was wonderful, the lobster soup was fantastic. My DH had the tuna as well and said it was one of the best dishes he ever had. They did ask him how he would like it cooked. I only like shellfish so I did order the NY strip and it was excellent - I would even say it was as good, if not better than the filet I had at Le Cellier. The desserts were delicious and beautifully presented, the service was great. It was a wonderful evening. And the kids have an excellent selection and beautifully presented desserts. I can't imagine why there were bad reviews on this restaurant!

Our party enjoyed the soup (almost as good as LeCellier's cheese soup) & steak entrees.

Evidently, they ran out of the mahi-mahi the evening we were there, no biggie for us.

DS had my entree & I filled up on the soup, salad & 1/2 of choc wave (which seemed to be missing it's "wave"?...didn't look like the pics on allears).

Shrimp cocktail presentation was strange IMO, tasty shrimp thrown on top of heaped noodles in martini glass. Too many noodles, shrimp were flying everywhere lol.

So nice to receive food well-prepared & gracious, professional service. One of our better meals, how can you beat the view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter