Contest: DIS caption contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

trennr

"Nater" DISDad #104
This is a continuation of the original caption contest started HERE...by DIS member Uncle Servo.

As of July 2011 our Hosts will be : BigTikiDaddy and pkondz

The original rules will Still apply...
  • I/We'll start things off by posting a Disney-related picture.
  • DISers (that's all of us) submit a funny caption for the picture for a certain number of days -- unless someone has a better idea, we'll start out at 3 days for caption submissions.
  • DISers (again, that's all of us) then vote on whose caption was the best for a certain number of days -- again, we'll use 3 days unless someone has a better suggestion.
  • I'll tally up the votes. Whoever wins posts a picture and we repeat the process. Unlike some of the other contests here, there won't be a separate voting thread -- this'll be a 'one-stop shopping' kinda thing. :)
  • I'll also keep a running tally board of winners in this post. When the winner is determined I'll also repeat it in that post as well.

Game Format:
  • SATURDAY-MONDAY (morning): The winner of the previous round has until noon (Eastern Standard Time) to post a new image.
  • After Picture is posted - WEDNESDAY: Captions are submitted
  • THURSDAY - FRIDAY: Votes are cast
  • FRIDAY (afternoon/evening): Winner is declared. Lather, rinse, repeat. :)

THE RULES ('cuz ya know we gotta have rules or at least 'guidelines' pirate: ...) -- PLEASE READ!!!!!
  • All pictures must have been taken on (or of) Disney-owned property. This includes parks, resorts, stores, cruise ships, and Castaway Cay.
  • You must vote to be eligible to win. If you got the most votes, but you yourself didn't vote, then the person with the second most votes wins. In the event of a tie, then whoever gained all of his/her votes first is the winner.
  • You may submit a caption to your own picture if it's your turn to post one.
  • Only one caption per image please. You may edit your caption if you think you have a better one before voting begins -- otherwise only your most recent caption will be considered.
  • Please don't comment on someone else's caption(s) until after voting has begun.
  • You may join in at any time, but please stick with what's going on at the time (i.e., don't post another picture when we're captioning one already or submit another caption when we're voting).
  • No voting for yourself... even if you do think yours is the best... ;)
  • Please remember that the overall DISboards rules of behavior still apply. Hopefully I won't have to ask anyone to edit his/her caption, but if I do please understand that I'm just trying to keep things "family-friendly" here.
  • When it's your turn to post an image, please try to host it yourself if at all possible.
  • If you're posting more than one image, try to post it as a 'two-fer' combo that only gets one caption.
  • I personally would greatly appreciate it if you DID NOT quote the original image when submitting your own caption. Just makes things easier all around.
  • If the winner doesn't post his/her image within the allotted time, the person who had the second highest number of votes will be asked to post an image and declared the winner instead.
  • Be original, be funny, and above all -- HAVE FUN! :cool1:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I'd like to thank everyone for posting their images (when its their turn) and playing along to keep this game going.

I think we should give everyone a chance to come over from the old thread then pick up where we left off with Cinderella's Fella Posting an Image for us to begin. :thumbsup2

Nice job setting up the new thread! Can't wait to get started again, and a big thanks to Uncle Servo for setting up and running the previous thread. I only hope we can be 1/2 as successful as the original.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's start with the Hero and the Icon.
qq6045.jpg

qq6045.jpg

Dateline Orlando...

Michael Phelps takes the GOLD in yet Another Event!!!

This morning Olympic Gold Medalist Micheal Phelps took part in a swimming contest a Disney's Typhoon Lagoon. This event, named "The Castaway Creek Challange" required contestants to swim the full length of Castaway Creek...Up Stream...Phelps completed the task in 1 Minute 25.3628 Seconds.

The Silver medal went to Ariel, Bronze was taken by Goofy.

Forth place finisher Donald Duck responded by saying "QAHHH QFOOOEY!" and stomped off in a fit of unintelligible ranting.

But Mickey, a deals a deal. We agreed to one night a week out with our pals. YOU chose bowling with Goofy and Donald. I choose swimming with Michael.

Cinderella's Fella said:
qq6045.jpg

NO Minnie, you CAN'T "try and find where the other medals are stashed!"
And yes, I DO know what you mean!

qq6045.jpg

Minnie leads Michael off to the chiropractor after he learns the hard way the imagineers made a mistake and the 50 meter pool was actually 49 meters.

qq6045.jpg

"Yeah, she's tall, but trust me, some of the rats I saw in Beijing could eat her for breakfast."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter