Contemporary or a Moderate???

Trinity721

<font color=navy>Proud Navy wife<br><font color=de
I got great rates on the Contemporary for May. But we also got some good deals for the moderates. We will be going in May, and only for one night (May 11-12 to be exact). We're on a budget, but we wanted to be able to take our then 10 month old on her first trip to WDW and at least visit to 2 of the parks, MK and Epcot. As I mentioned on other threads, my daughter and I will be visiting my Navy husband who's stationed in Florida. so needless to say it's a very special trip.

ANYways... I've checked other sites (wdwig was very helpful) but I've heard mixed reviews about all these resorts, so I'm finding it hard to make a decision. We've never stayed on property before, so I want our first stay to be fun and memorable.

Can someone help me decide??? Let me know your opinions and experiences, it would be so helpful:D Thanks!

The Contemporary would be a good choice because you can walk to the Magic Kingdom in under 10 minutes. You can also take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and to Epcot which eliminates having to take the bus. It's a fun resort with good restaurants, 2 pools and a playground.

Have fun!

My vote goes for the CR also. The monorail is so convenient & you can take the walkway to the MK. For such a short trip I would opt for the convenience of the resort.

Have a great time meeting up with your Navy DH. :D

Don't miss Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or Dinner at the Contemporary. The waitors and characters stop what they are doing about every 20 minutes and have everyone join in with "napkin twirling" (exactly what it sounds like, swing your napkin high in the air). The kids really love it - even if she is only watching.

I've done the trip with an 11 month old. Do whatever appeals to you. She won't even remember it. I still have to prove to my daughter that she went to Disney that young. As far as Chef Mickey's, be advised that a lot of babies (mine included)are scared of the characters.

Contemporary will probably be physically easier since you won't have to lug her on and off a bus. We stayed at POFQ and really liked it, but our kids were older. When daughter was 11 mos. old, we were off-site, taking a bus. A lot of lugging around - it was exhausting.

That is a no-brainer:smooth: - definitely the Contemporary, especially for a short trip. You will save precious time being on the Monorail line. We've stayed at mods and Contemp last trip for a 4 day trip. I just loved it, no busses going back and forth to Mk and Epcot.

I agree with the Contemporary. It is the most convenient for a quick trip. The monrail runs between all the parks you are interested in. The monorail is also convenient with small children with strollers. This resort will help with the most efficient use of time so that you can get the most from your stay. Enjoy you visit with you husband in these trying times. Take what GOD gives you to the fullest extent.

Sherry

I think you're all right, the CR seems to be the best choice! Thanks for the input, and thanks for all your kind words and wishes.

Ditto - CR for sure -

BUT be forewarned - a friend of mine was soooooooooo excited about a great rate they got for the CR and couldn't wait to check in....

When they did she was very unhappy to find that she was not staying in the Main buiding where the monorail passes through - but in the 2 story annex buildings that surround the main hotel. She was so disappointed - said it spoiled a bit of the magic.

FYI she found out that the great rates offered are often placed in the outer buildings.

Perhaps a phone call to the hotel itself proir to arrival could aviod this happening to you. Good luck!

Spoil and pamper yourself

In response to the other thread - the lower rate rooms are always in the North or South "Garden Wings" which are behind the Tower when viewed from MK but they are still nice rooms and a lot of them have good views towards the pools, gardens or Bay Lake - some have just parking lot views as well

Caveat Emptor

Thanks
Jason

Yeah, u were right jaysue and imaginear. We got a rate for the north garden wing, adjacent to the main hotel. I might email them back to see how much extra it would be to stay in the main hotel. We got a good rate through shades of green b/c they're being renovated and are placing people in the CR. If we can't get a good rate in the main hotel, it's ok. we're only there for a day, and like other suggested we won't be in the room much anyways. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter