Confirming that check-in seems to be opening early... AND Activities at Midnight!

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Just completed check-in for my 2/17 cruise! My 90 days hits at midnight tonight.

It shows "book now" for activities, but when I click on those, everything comes back with 0 things found. EVERYTHING - so it's not that things are sold out. That's not open yet. I'll check periodically before midnight. Just to make sure. :P

Yep that’s corrects that’s how it was for my southern Caribbean check-in a couple of weeks ago. They allow check-in early but still midnight for booking everything else. I also kept checking in every 30 minutes before midnight to see if it might open up but never did.....Good luck getting what you want!

Yep that’s corrects that’s how it was for my southern Caribbean check-in a couple of weeks ago. They allow check-in early but still midnight for booking everything else. I also kept checking in every 30 minutes before midnight to see if it might open up but never did.....Good luck getting what you want!

Thanks! I knew people had reported checking-in early, so that didn't surprise me as much as seeing "Book Now" under Activities which is why I gave it a go.

Have a great cruise!!

Mission accomplished!! Got the things I really wanted (yay!!) and have some things I'm pondering on but wanted to reserve because I'm likely going to do them.

My only sadness was that the Champagne Tasting is only at 2pm on embarkation day (at least in advance), and being on DCL transfers from WDW I don't want to chance not being there in time. I did get Margarita and Tequila for the sea day. I wanted to do Mixology, but I don't think that one immediately after Palo brunch is a good thing - I have a few hours between brunch and M&T.

Now to nap before I have to be up for school. Yes, our kids are in all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Whee!!

Check in opened at 7pm eastern last night (as I reported).

Activity booking opened at midnight as per usual.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad I don't need to be entering passport numbers at midnight. I am definitely not an evening person.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad I don't need to be entering passport numbers at midnight. I am definitely not an evening person.

It was nice! But those 5 hours in between crept by!

It was nice! But those 5 hours in between crept by!

I am thinking of checking in, taking a nap and then getting up again to book activities. It's either that or true crime shows with my dog for 4 hours. I do wish Disney would stop with the book things at midnight or possibly miss out on the thing you really want to do bit.

I am thinking of checking in, taking a nap and then getting up again to book activities. It's either that or true crime shows with my dog for 4 hours. I do wish Disney would stop with the book things at midnight or possibly miss out on the thing you really want to do bit.

I found the new season of whatever they are calling the Amish show on TLC at 10 (I know it's not "reality" but hey...guilty pleasures) and that was 2 hours, so once I found that, time went quicker.

I can't believe you have to work on Wed.!!!! That makes it really hard for families that have to travel long distances. I taught in OK, MA, MI, and OH and never had to work the Wed. before Thanksgiving. I hope you at least get 2 full weeks off in Dec.!!

I can't believe you have to work on Wed.!!!! That makes it really hard for families that have to travel long distances. I taught in OK, MA, MI, and OH and never had to work the Wed. before Thanksgiving. I hope you at least get 2 full weeks off in Dec.!!

Nope. Christmas Eve through whichever day is New Year's observed.

I'm sure there are some areas in the city (NYC public schools) where people do pull their kids out, but my inner-city kids generally don't go anywhere for vacations because their parents (too often single moms) have to work anyway. :(

Nope. Christmas Eve through whichever day is New Year's observed.

I'm sure there are some areas in the city (NYC public schools) where people do pull their kids out, but my inner-city kids generally don't go anywhere for vacations because their parents (too often single moms) have to work anyway. :(

WOW, I teach for the public school system. We are off starting this Wednesday through Thanksgiving weekend, and then we are off for two week over Winter Break (12/21/18-1/4/19). Well, we have to go back on the Friday after New Year's, the kiddos are off until Monday so two full weeks for them.

WOW, I teach for the public school system. We are off starting this Wednesday through Thanksgiving weekend, and then we are off for two week over Winter Break (12/21/18-1/4/19). Well, we have to go back on the Friday after New Year's, the kiddos are off until Monday so two full weeks for them.

I wish. Not in NYC. :( We are out all of Presidents' Week though. And because our Spring Break follows Passover (it usually but not always corresponds to Easter - leap years are almost always different) that is sometimes a little longer. Christmas this year is about a week and a half, but that's only because of how 12/24 and 1/1 fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter