*Confirmed* G+ Changes to Advanced Lightning Lane

FastPass+ was a 2 star experience for a 5 star price (zero)

Genie+ was a 4 star experience for a 1 star price

LLMP is looking like a 2 star experience for a 1 star price
We thought FP+ was a 5 experience for a 5 price. We had no problem rolling it all day long getting sometimes as many as 10-14 at MK.

Genie+ was a 3 experience with 1 price. It was way more difficult to get more than 3 times and that pretty much puts a substantial price tag on those three rides. It also mean we didn't do some rides due to the SB times.

LLMP, time will tell. The screenshots I've seen make it appear to be much more efficient and easier than G+ with more flexibility on times which I hope gives access to more rides in addition to the 3 in advance. Still rather there be no cost like FP+ but satisfaction will depend on the number of times we can get.

LLMP is looking like a 2 star experience for a 1 star price
G+ was a four star experience, but only if you understood its ins and outs. I suspect for the "inexperienced user", it was a lot less awesome, and most users are inexperienced. So the comparison might be less severe.

I don't know why tomorrow would be any different.
Every Disney influencer/vlogger on the planet is using it today. That is much less likely to be true tomorrow.

Let's give in a few weeks to see how things settle, how Disney adjusts capacity/etc., and for people to get a hang for the new ins and outs.

G+ was a four star experience, but only if you understood its ins and outs. I suspect for the "inexperienced user", it was a lot less awesome, and most users are inexperienced. So the comparison might be less severe.
It wasn't rocket science. Though a lot of people were predisposed to dislike it. Thus they didn't.

Every Disney influencer/vlogger on the planet is using it today. That is much less likely to be true tomorrow.

Let's give in a few weeks to see how things settle, how Disney adjusts capacity/etc., and for people to get a hang for the new ins and outs.
That's fair. However, every person who once said "I'm not waking up at 7am to make reservations" or "I won't use it if I can't pre-book" is now reconsidering. IMO, Disney will sell a lot more of them every day going forward.

I used Genie+ probably 6-8 times over its lifespan and could get 8 attractions per day without breaking a sweat. You didn't have to be a power user to tap in the app a couple times after checking in for a ride. I don't think there's any chance of that happening with LLMP. There are already attractions sold-out a week or more into the future (Tiana, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, etc) and others with limited return times remaining.

We thought FP+ was a 5 experience for a 5 price. We had no problem rolling it all day long getting sometimes as many as 10-14 at MK.+
FP+ worked well at MK, I'll grant that. But it was mostly because there was no tiering...and now there is. You could pre-book Mine Train, Space and Splash and fill in around that. (And if you were getting 14 fast passes per day, there was a lot of filler where FP+ was barely necessary. There are still 8 attractions available to book today via LLMP, but it's the likes of Small World, Barnstomer, Dumbo and Ariel. Those were really available long into the night on FP+ and Genie+ as well.)

Genie+ was a 3 experience with 1 price. It was way more difficult to get more than 3 times and that pretty much puts a substantial price tag on those three rides. It also mean we didn't do some rides due to the SB times.
Couldn't disagree more. Depends on the specifics but we usually got 8-10 per day with half of them being what are now Tier 1 attractions.

It wasn't rocket science. Though a lot of people were predisposed to dislike it. Thus they didn't.
Actually I don't think it was super intuitive to people (especially since it was an "upgrade") that you could modify your unselected return time to later times in the day, without resetting your time that you could grab a new LL under G+. I think to be honest this how many of the power users of G+ seemed to use it and like it for this ability to stack LLs for later in the day.

Remember in the beginning you couldn't even modify it was a full cancel/rebook.

Edit: If you didn't stack/modify G+ and weren't morning people G+ absolutely was garbage. It essentially in my opinion fully stacked crowds in the morning at the park rather than FP+ which spread the people entering a park out because they had their 3 guaranteed spots and didn't feel the need to rush to show up at park open to maximize the purchase.
And if you were getting 14 fast passes per day, there was a lot of filler where FP+ was barely necessary
Well not necessarily since you could re-ride with FP+. I had no problem either at HS or EP pulling rides throughout the day (AK was a bit harder but not too bad). Especially if you knew the FP+ drop times that occurred very regularly each day. I will say I've gotten FOP, SDD both staying off site day of multiple times on each trip while FP+ was around.

With that being said the user who knows will find a way to gamify the system to work best to their advantage. And gamify here isn't meant to imply it is wrong or unintended usage. They just find a way to work the system to its optimal state. I expect this to occur with the new system as people get the inner workings figured out.

That's fair. However, every person who once said "I'm not waking up at 7am to make reservations" or "I won't use it if I can't pre-book" is now reconsidering. IMO, Disney will sell a lot more of them every day going forward.

I used Genie+ probably 6-8 times over its lifespan and could get 8 attractions per day without breaking a sweat. You didn't have to be a power user to tap in the app a couple times after checking in for a ride. I don't think there's any chance of that happening with LLMP. There are already attractions sold-out a week or more into the future (Tiana, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, etc) and others with limited return times remaining.
anywhere to find/see the information of whats already sold out for future dates if you don't have an upcoming trip? I like tracking stuff like this for my future trips to know what needs to be accomplished.

FP+ worked well at MK, I'll grant that. But it was mostly because there was no tiering...and now there is. You could pre-book Mine Train, Space and Splash and fill in around that. (And if you were getting 14 fast passes per day, there was a lot of filler where FP+ was barely necessary. There are still 8 attractions available to book today via LLMP, but it's the likes of Small World, Barnstomer, Dumbo and Ariel. Those were really available long into the night on FP+ and Genie+ as well.)

Couldn't disagree more. Depends on the specifics but we usually got 8-10 per day with half of them being what are now Tier 1 attractions.
And I disagree with your opinions on it based on my own experiences, going 4-6 weeks a year.

That is what will always happen with any kind of system/services like this. For some it will work great and be of value. For some it will be complicated and for some it will be simple. For some they will be successful and some will not. Everyone operates on different abilities, different needs, different budgets and varying access. There will never be full agreement.

I never had any problems getting anything with FP+ and most trips I didn't even pre-book. We just rolled all day, every day, every park.

My experience was mine, yours was yours and am sure there are a dozen other experiences, all different. Disney will never make everyone happy so they do what is most agreeable and best for their operations, and bottom line.

By "previously" I meant are they the same prices as before the system changed. People were concerned that Disney would raise prices when the system changed.
I just bought Multi-parks Genie+ for 7/20, 7/21, and 7/22. Can't remember the exact amount. I think it was $21 to $25. Multi-parks G+ and MK G+ always had the same cost. So it looks like the price went up a few dollars for MK with this new system.

Be initial reports, sounds like today is much the same story as yesterday, unfortunately. All ILLP are sold out, and many of the tier 1 rides gone already.

Be initial reports, sounds like today is much the same story as yesterday, unfortunately. All ILLP are sold out, and many of the tier 1 rides gone already.
I've seen reports in other groups where ILL or Individual MultiPass for Tiana's and Flight of Passage are already sold out for multiple days ahead as well. I imagine this will be the norm going forward as these dropped fast typically day of anyways...now everyone has already booked 3 days out (offsite) or more onsite.

I've seen reports in other groups where ILL or Individual MultiPass for Tiana's and Flight of Passage are already sold out for multiple days ahead as well. I imagine this will be the norm going forward as these dropped fast typically day of anyways...now everyone has already booked 3 days out (offsite) or more onsite.
Yes, I predict it will be very similar to FP+. All the good attractions were fully booked by onsite guests at 60 days (and sometimes gone by 60+10), leaving not as much left by the time you got to offsite guests at 30 days.

I don't know how people can say from the sound of it that it works better than Genie+. You could easily ride all the tier 1 in magic kingdom with genie+. You could ride many rides in a day, pretty much anything you wanted, AND you could modify the return times to even make them all at night if you wanted. It was amazing. It sounds like this will be like half the rides ridable and so many more lines than genie+. The only ones you had to worry about with Genie+ were Slinky, and you could maybe get only one of frozen/ratatouille. Magic Kingdom especially you could just ride everything. It just seems like such a downgrade

Another thing I loved about Genie+...you could have a late day and have a lot of things lined up without hurting your chances. Because everybody was mostly in the same boat and you got new rides to pick every two hours, you didn't have to go to the park early. You could line up some reservations and sleep late, so long as you wake up for a moment to do the first one. You could start your day at 2PM and have so much ready for you and still get everything you wanted

I’m just waiting for the sudden realization that Disney is slow boiling us and plans to raise the price to 50 per day, but if you’re a deluxe guest you get 4 pre selections, 5 if you’re club.

I wonder (hope) that perhaps they are controlling the capacity at a slightly lower level as the new system is introduced, and might open up more availability later. But it's only a hope.

And I disagree with your opinions on it based on my own experiences, going 4-6 weeks a year.
Sorry but I can't wrap my head around the idea that you were such a pro at FastPass+ that you could get 10-14 passes in a single day, yet such a novice with Genie+ that you could only get 3 rides per day.

I didn't LOVE Genie+. The 7am wake up and cost were obviously hurdles. But in my experiences, the smaller user base created benefits for both users and non-users. Our family has been taking multiple trips per year since at least 2002 and--on average--we got noticeably more rides per day than in a decade of FP+. And the wait times in the LL queue were typically much shorter than FP+, which had often ballooned to 15 minutes or more due to the sheer volume of FP users. Under Genie+, they were also distributing fewer passes which meant shorter standby waits than FP+.

There is an easy solution to this.

Increase the price.

Sorry but I can't wrap my head around the idea that you were such a pro at FastPass+ that you could get 10-14 passes in a single day, yet such a novice with Genie+ that you could only get 3 rides per day.

I didn't LOVE Genie+. The 7am wake up and cost were obviously hurdles. But in my experiences, the smaller user base created benefits for both users and non-users. Our family has been taking multiple trips per year since at least 2002 and--on average--we got noticeably more rides per day than in a decade of FP+. And the wait times in the LL queue were typically much shorter than FP+, which had often ballooned to 15 minutes or more due to the sheer volume of FP users. Under Genie+, they were also distributing fewer passes which meant shorter standby waits than FP+.
Sorry but your experience is also the opposite of ours - also going 3 - 4 weeks a year since 2012. FP and FP+ we'd get 10+ rides most days with ease, Genie + we could do ok, but not nearly as well, especially for most of its life when you couldn't modify. You don't know at all what the user base is for Genie+ vs FP - so you shouldn't make claims about the user base. I'd expect you are correct, but we do not know, Disney has tried to hype (for the investors) the number of people using G+.

We also don't have a clue about how many Genie+ vs FPs they release for rides - and I have no idea what you mean by ride times getting shorter - which is even worse given that attendance (at WDW) has been down since prepandemic every year. Longer wait times, fewer people, its crazy.

More importantly - none of this was a "benefit" to non-users. Absolutely none. Non-users under FP and FP+ had the option at the very least to use the system, and shorten some of their waits (though not their average wait). Genie+ specifically lowers one group's wait by passing that wait on to another group, while pay-walling that benefit.

Yes, I predict it will be very similar to FP+. All the good attractions were fully booked by onsite guests at 60 days (and sometimes gone by 60+10), leaving not as much left by the time you got to offsite guests at 30 days.
So onsite books at 60 plus days ahead? Is that all rooms or just deluxe/dvc?. thank you

How is that any different from now? You have to pay either way, so both this system and genie+ benefit only the paying users. But at least with Genie+ you didn't have to plan your entire trip in advance, and you could ride more rides - for example how thunder and space mountain were selling out in the new system (And you could only reserve one in advance) but in genie+ they didn't sell out all day and you could ride both of them easily with no wait. Even ILL are selling out days in advance apparently, when they never used to. I loved everybody being on the same playing field every day, and being able to decide on the day of what we want to do. It's hard to know what rides we'll have gotten to by the end of the trip. Now we need to know a week early what we want to be doing on the final day of our trip, even though we have no idea what we'll have done so far.

It also seems like the benefit people thought this would bring (not having to be on your phone all day) is only true if you don't care about riding many rides. Because the availability is so much lower , you will need to be on your phone much more often trying to get lucky and find an open spot, whereas on genie+ it was generally very quick unless you wanted slinky dog or frozen, since most things did not sell out.

It just seems like people are going to be waiting in a lot more lines with this change, it seems to be providing a lot less value for the same price, which adds up very quickly at like $29 per person

Edit: All they REALLY had to do to fix Genie+ was to make the first LL bookable the night before instead of at 7am

So onsite books at 60 plus days ahead? Is that all rooms or just deluxe/dvc?. thank you
I believe the reference was to the original FP+ system years ago.

The new LLMP and LLSP is prebook 7 days in advance for onsite guests (any level Disney resort), for the length of stay. Other guests with tickets can book 3 days in advance without an onsite reservation.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest