• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confessions of a chronic resort changer.. May 2010(We're back...TR started)

My goodness! Time has flown by! It has been a busy couple of weeks and my computer is having some issues so I haven't been on here too much.

Let's see if I can recap some of the highlights of the last few weeks:

1) My sister got married last week and is now on her honeymoon in Disney!
:-)wave2: Nermel9)
She is staying at the Beach Club and I haven't talked to her since I don't want to bother her too much, but my mother has and mentioned something about being upgraded. I believe she was upgraded to club level, but not 100% sure since my mom doesn't have much onsite Disney knowledge. She also said she hasn't had to wait more than 5 minutes for any ride and the crowds are great. I have to say I am very jealous! I would have loved to go in early May, but am stuck in school!

2. This is my last week of school!!!!! I have one more day of clinical on Monday and then 2 finals on Thursday and then I am DONE!!!!!!!!!!! I feel fantastic, like a huge weight is slowly being lifted off my shoulders.

3. Despite there not being many jobs anywhere, a few per diem x-ray technologist jobs have been posted around the area. I applied to 2 different hospitals. I know per diem isn't guarenteed hours, but we have good benefits through DH's job, and it means more $ per hour. Plus, with the summer coming up it will be a lot of hours since everyone goes on vacation. Cross your fingers!

4. The diet I tried to start? HAHAHA! That flew out the window after my night rotation ended. I just can't seem to manage with all the stress I am under right now. Oh well. I know once school is over I'll be able to do it.

5. I have not had much time to do any shopping, but did manage to get the wonderful Bagellini that comes so highly recommened. I bought it a few weeks ago for about $23 with a promotional deal and love it! I also have gotten DD a few things such as googles, beach ball and little stuff like that. I still haven't gotten any shorts for me yet. I cashed in Mypoints rewards and my Discover rewards to get Old Navy and Gap gift cards. I am hoping they get here soon so I can use those.

HMMMM.... I think that is it. We are going to see Iron Man 2 this afternoon. I can't wait . We all loved the first one. I also love all the Marvel apparel at Disneystore.com. Too bad it's like twice as much as all the other shirts.

I have been pretty good about not messing with our ADR's. I did however book Chef Mickey dinner for our arrival night, and dropped the breakfast on our waterpark day. I know dinner gets bad reviews, but I went to Hometown Buffet last night with my mom and aunt, and seriously it can't be much worse can it? It will also be nice to sleep in since the waterparks don't open until 10. I am hoping to get to WPE for breakfast, but will settle for Riverside Mill if we don't make it. I also switched RFC to lunch instead of dinner,

Make sure when you are at Riverside Mill for lunch or dinner you try the create-your-own salad! DH and I had it three times! It is enough to split too! Some advice we got from a cast member who was ordering in front of us...if you get the steak, ask for it cubed! She also said if you get the create-your-own pasta to ask for light oil (mine was gross!) and to tell them to use the chicken from the salad bar.

I'm so excited for you! I already wish we were going back!

Make sure when you are at Riverside Mill for lunch or dinner you try the create-your-own salad! DH and I had it three times! It is enough to split too! Some advice we got from a cast member who was ordering in front of us...if you get the steak, ask for it cubed! She also said if you get the create-your-own pasta to ask for light oil (mine was gross!) and to tell them to use the chicken from the salad bar.

I'm so excited for you! I already wish we were going back!

I can't wait to try Riverside Mill! The good reviews of the food court was one of the reasons I picked POR instead of CSR. I hope we get to try it a few times, although I think we will be away from the resort most of the time. I do have a least one lunch and one dinner scheduled at POR.

Do you remember what kind of stuff they have for the make your own pasta? Just curious about the selection.

SINGLE DIGITS ! :woohoo:

:yay::yay:I can't wait!

I am finally done with school! I just came home from taking my last two finals! We saw our grades as soon as we were done so I know I passed! Yay!!
No more clinical, no more tests, no more going to class!

The one last step is to take the national board exam, but I will worry about that after coming home from Disney. I am taking a much needed break until them.

Now, I can spead some much needed time on the Dis making sure I know everything I need to before I leave. Time to cleaning the house (it is a disaster since DH and I have been spending so much time with school work) and get started with our packing.

Congrats on finishing your classes!!! Enjoy your packing! Hooray for single digits!!!!!

Hooray for finishing school!! You can really look forward to your trip now!! Single digits...:woohoo:

Congrats on finishing your classes! If it makes you feel any better, my house is a disaster, and I have no excuse (other than sitting around fantasizing about Disney)...:lmao:

At Riverside Mill, you could have three different kinds of pasta...fettucini, penne or spaghetti. Then you could have your selection of sauce, marinara, alfredo or pesto. You could also choose chicken or shrimp. They had all kinds of vegetables and stuff to choose from too. It was served with garlic toast. I didn't really like mine because it had about an inch of oil in the bottom of the carton, and I thought the chicken tasted funny. But, like I said, the cast member I talked to said to ask for light or no oil and the chicken from the salad station. I'm sure it would have been delicious that way! Once I tried the salad I didn't want anything else, though! :thumbsup2

Two big congrats for you - one for finishing school and the other for reaching the single digits!!! One more week and we'll be out of here!

:cool1::cool1::banana::cheer2:
Congrats on finishing your classes!!! Enjoy your packing! Hooray for single digits!!!!!

Hooray for finishing school!! You can really look forward to your trip now!! Single digits...:woohoo:

A big congrats on finsihing school and some single digit dancers
:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay:

Congrats on finishing your classes! If it makes you feel any better, my house is a disaster, and I have no excuse (other than sitting around fantasizing about Disney)...:lmao:

Two big congrats for you - one for finishing school and the other for reaching the single digits!!! One more week and we'll be out of here!

Thanks everyone! I thought the end would never come. I left college after one year when I was 19 to marry DH who was in the Marine Corp. I always promised myself I would go back, but man it sucks going back when you aren't 22 anymore and have a family.

8 more days!!!

8 days left. Which of course means 8 days to mess with our plans.

DH and I were sitting on the couch two days ago and DH picks up one of the Disney guide books. He opens the book and turns right to the picture of Star Wars Weekend with the Storm Troopers in a parade.
"We have to see that. That looks cool"
and when I told him we wouldn't be at DHS on those days
"Move something around":confused3

I had purposely avoided DHS on the weekend so we didn't get stuck in the SW crowds. Anyway, I turned to come up with something and decided we could move our stuff all around to get there, but then we would miss Sci-Fi. I had to put my foot down. I have wanted to try Sci-fi since I was a kid. I told DH I have been planning this trip for 8 months and wasn't switching my plans for someone who picked up a book a week out. If he really wants to go we can go to US/IOA or Seaworld later in the day to make it to DHS in the morning.

Plus I have never seen Stars Wars (with the exception of the last one that came out- Revenge of the Sith?) and DD has never seen Star Wars.

We're going to Disney tomorrow!:banana:

I woke Caitlin up today and told her we're leaving tomorrow. She was so excited. It was as though she has no clue when we were counting down 4 days, 3 days,2 days... that it meant we were actually leaving on Sat. I dropped her off at school this morning and I heard her tell her friends she's going to Disney. One of the little girls asked her if she could come too. Caitlin has already asked if 2 friends could come. Um, no.

I just got done printing our boarding pass. We are flying Southwest and I used the Early Bird Checkin. We got A17,A18,A19. Yay.

I wish I had some good packing pictures but to be honest our suitcases and junk are tossed all over the living room. I guess I should get off the computer and start packing.

Here are two pictures of Caitlin with her suitcase. She is already to go at least. Once again I could not get a decent face out of her. I told her to smile and she turned against the wall. Can't wait to see what are Disney pictures look like.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Off to do some last minute errands.

How awesome and exciting!! :banana: I love how her socks match her suitcase...adorable!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and hope to hear about it when you get back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter