Concerned about getting DAS

Wdloepp

Earning My Ears
I’ve ruined the tendons in my foot so I have to wear a boot and I’ll have a scooter. I’m worried about being in line and being jostled and hurting my foot. The doctor has warned me about this so will I be eligible for DAS so I don’t have to be in the line.

While you do still have to wait in line some, typically it’s far shorter (once your virtual que time is up).

I would say do the video call, explain your Injury and be sure to go in to detail on how it limits you and let them tell you if your eligible.

So, you're concerned about being jostled in the scooter?

My understanding is that you won't qualify for DAS because your particular disability can be addressed with the mobility device. You can certainly do the call, but I would expect them to say boot + scooter is sufficient for your specific issue.

Won't the boot protect your foot? Isn't that why you wear it? If you keep your foot on the footrest, it will be fine. You will "jostle" it more getting on and off the scooter, into the ride vehicles, etc.

Won't the boot protect your foot? Isn't that why you wear it? If you keep your foot on the footrest, it will be fine. You will "jostle" it more getting on and off the scooter, into the ride vehicles, etc.
You’re right. I’m just nervous

Thanks everyone for your help. We thought about cancelling this trip but it’s the first one with grandkids. Our daughter and her family is having us stay at SOG with them.

I’ve ruined the tendons in my foot so I have to wear a boot and I’ll have a scooter. I’m worried about being in line and being jostled and hurting my foot. The doctor has warned me about this so will I be eligible for DAS so I don’t have to be in the line.
It sounds like you are thinking you won't have your scooter with you in line. Almost all lines allow you to bring your scooter in line with you, which will protect your space, and foot. But your boot is going to highly protect your foot.

I would be more concern about your time in the walk way.
Road surface, guest darting around you, stopping on a dime,

The line is slow and organized.

I agree with others ,DAS will not help you.

We are here now. I was wondering if I would be able to be on my feet all day, stand in one spot too long without moving, et. I know I would never make it all day on my foot (feet).

I recently broke my foot, ankle and tore my ligaments. I was in a boot for two months. I was still doing physical therapy before leaving for this trip. The therapist told me to make sure I exercise my foot before getting out of bed and icing each night (I brought a zip loc to fill with ice).

I have never tried to get a DAS - (not sure the exact term). I tried to do the chat but after two tries and waiting and hour, I gave up and said I will take my chances or rent a scooter if I have to.

Long story short. We are spending a lot of time at the resort/pool (which we normally do anyway/just a little more). I am finding that I cannot stay in one spot too long. We have only been on one ride and only Epcot in the evening so far. :rolleyes:

I am a bit concerned that someone is going to hit my foot with a scooter or stroller.

I feel for anyone who has to go through getting a DAS and as mentioned here - I probably would not have qualified for one anyway.

The boot will protect you from any injury - it's just like wearing a cast.

(Taking advantage of the hot tub and doing my exercises in the pool - foot still very swollen but managing).

Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter