Complimentary fridges for meds????

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I just came back from doctors, the kids have been coughing off and on for a few weeks. Usually I would simply let the cough/cold run its course and not go to the doctor for antibiotics but with the WDW trip coming up I thought I should go and see the doctor and see what she thought. Well, thank goodness I did. DD7 has bronchitis and an ear infection. She never complains and was hardly coughing so I was shocked. DS4 was also given antibiotics for his chest but the doctor says his is minor compared to DD7. It's funny, I only took DD7 to the appt. since I couldn't find someone to watch her. I thought DS 4 was a little sick, but not her.

Question: Will I be able to request a complimentary fridge at All Star Movies since I have two different antibiotics that need to stay in a fridge. I will take an insulated bag with an ice pack for the flight down but will need something with a more consistent temp. for the vacation.

How do I go about getting one of these fridges(call CRO now, ASMo now, or wait until check-in). Anybody know how big these fridges are???

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Suzy V.

Hope everyone is well soon,
I'd probably call CRO now and ask about the frig, unless you leave in the next few days. If that's the case, I'd probably call the resort. Then mention it again at check in. From what has been posted lately on the boards, people have not had problems with getting complimentary refrigerators for meds. There are 2 different sizes of medication refrigerators that people have posted about. One is about the size of a shoe box and the other is one of those little dorm friges.
You might also want to ask the pharmacist whether on ot your children's antibiotics require medication. Depending on the medication, sometimes it's just recommended for the taste and sometimes it's necessary to preserve it. That would be helpful information so you know how careful you have to be with it for travel.

SueM in MN said:
Hope everyone is well soon,
I'd probably call CRO now and ask about the frig, unless you leave in the next few days. If that's the case, I'd probably call the resort. Then mention it again at check in. From what has been posted lately on the boards, people have not had problems with getting complimentary refrigerators for meds. There are 2 different sizes of medication refrigerators that people have posted about. One is about the size of a shoe box and the other is one of those little dorm friges.
You might also want to ask the pharmacist whether on ot your children's antibiotics require medication. Depending on the medication, sometimes it's just recommended for the taste and sometimes it's necessary to preserve it. That would be helpful information so you know how careful you have to be with it for travel.
I don't know if all resorts are giving complimentary frigs or not but we got one at wl last week with no problems, and we didn't need it for medicine. Lene

Thanks for the "current condition report."
The deluxe and moderates are in the process of adding friges in all the rooms, so that might be why you had one. I don't know how far they have gotten with putting them in (there might be a thread on the resort board about it).
I haven't been following it closely on the Resort Board, but I don't think that the Value Resorts (like the AS resorts) were getting refrigerators (at least not yet).Does anybody know?

Last 2 times we got a fridge for meds they were the dorm size ones. No fee for medical reasons.

don8life said:
Last 2 times we got a fridge for meds they were the dorm size ones. No fee for medical reasons.
We were at WL two weeks ago and asked at check in if we could get a free refrigerator and they said yes. When the woman brought it to our room she said she would be glad when they got all the refrigerators in the rooms so she wouldn't have to keep hauling them to the rooms all the time. She didn't say how long it would be before they got them in all of the rooms. These were non medical refrigerators and what you usually would find in a hotel room. They put it under the sink.

It was very nice to have it. Thanks to the Dis Board I knew to ask for one.

Lene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter