Coming straight from Paris for first park day

cindernat

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are from Australia and haven't been to DLP before. We will be staying in Paris Friday night (Sept 16th) and coming straight to DLP for our first park day on the Saturday. We are staying at Disney Hotel New York (Marvel) so we want to get up early, probably get an Uber or taxi from our Paris Hotel to Marvel, get them to hold our suitcases til check in, & head to Disneyland Park for early entry.

Based on park hours, looks like 9:30am is park opening so would that mean early entry is 8:30am? What time do you think we should leave Paris, 6:30am to give ourselves plenty of time?

Some have said just to catch the train but we will have x3 suitcases and x3 backpacks and I would rather just use Uber or taxi - yes it will cost more but the convenience will be worth it. We already sacrificed a 2nd night at Marvel as it's just so expensive, so we have some extra $$ to put towards this.

Thank you :)

ome have said just to catch the train but we will have x3 suitcases and x3 backpacks and I would rather just use Uber or taxi - yes it will cost more but the convenience will be worth it. We already sacrificed a 2nd night at Marvel as it's just so expensive, so we have some extra $$ to put towards this.
We hired a car to drive us from our hotel in Paris based on similar criteria (lots of bags, etc.) The price was around $80 USD, it was fine.

Just a couple of observations about that experience: The driver brought us up to a certain point at DLP where we took our bags and proceeded to check-in. On our way to the lobby, we passed by the train station, it literally lets you off on Disney property.

The other thing that was different from what we experience at WDW, the bags go through a security check and there was no bell services to assist with bags. They may have that service, but we saw no sign of it. We had to check-in and schlep everything to our room. Maybe that's not a big deal for some, but we're old and would have happily used bell services. We were staying at Sequoia lodge, perhaps amenities are different at the various resorts.

So with lots of bags, we'd probably get a car again, but depending on the number of folks in your party, the train might not be a bad deal.

In any case, enjoy DLP, it is a unique and very cool take on a Disney park.

I have used the train and a car service for arrival & departure of DLP. I would say go with a car service. When I used the car service it was from CDG to Disney Sequoia Lodge, from Sequoia Lodge to an apartment in Paris, and then finally from the apartment in Paris back to the airport. I had to search through a fair number of car services because there were quite a few that didn't want to pick up in Paris or go from DLP into Paris. The car service was great and dropped us off at Sequoia Lodge right at the lobby. There is a baggage check at Sequoia so I assume there is at the Marvel hotel too, we just dropped off our bags, they gave us a ticket and then we picked them up when our room was ready.

The train was fine, but I didn't like transporting luggage around on it and if I had more than one suitcase it was be an extreme hassle.

This is the car service I used. https://parisdisneytransfer.com/

Thanks so much for those helpful replies. I will check out that transfer company, great idea :)

Hi all,

We are from Australia and haven't been to DLP before. We will be staying in Paris Friday night (Sept 16th) and coming straight to DLP for our first park day on the Saturday. We are staying at Disney Hotel New York (Marvel) so we want to get up early, probably get an Uber or taxi from our Paris Hotel to Marvel, get them to hold our suitcases til check in, & head to Disneyland Park for early entry.

Based on park hours, looks like 9:30am is park opening so would that mean early entry is 8:30am? What time do you think we should leave Paris, 6:30am to give ourselves plenty of time?

Some have said just to catch the train but we will have x3 suitcases and x3 backpacks and I would rather just use Uber or taxi - yes it will cost more but the convenience will be worth it. We already sacrificed a 2nd night at Marvel as it's just so expensive, so we have some extra $$ to put towards this.

Thank you :)
If you leave Paris at 6:30 on a Saturday, there won't be (as much) traffic. So you are probably at the hotel around 7:30. You can already check in online a week before your arrival, which speeds up the process a little bit. As of 8:00 security to the parks open, and as of 8:30 the gates to the park.

The other thing that was different from what we experience at WDW, the bags go through a security check and there was no bell services to assist with bags. They may have that service, but we saw no sign of it. We had to check-in and schlep everything to our room. Maybe that's not a big deal for some, but we're old and would have happily used bell services. We were staying at Sequoia lodge, perhaps amenities are different at the various resorts.
Marvel does offer a baggage service, you can drop off your bags at check in and they will transport it to your room when the rooms are available.

At Sequoia there are baggage carts available. I have never used them myself, but did see guests using them. I think if you ask at the baggage storage they can lend you a cart.

After all that, hubby has said he doesn't want to pay for the transfer and wants instead to take the train (which looks way cheaper than I was expecting), and utilise the Disney Express Hotel Check- In & Luggage Service (which I believe is at the Disney train station)? Doesn't seem like something you have to book that I can see, has anyone used it?

So next Saturday is our check in. I did the online check in just now, and I put that we were coming by train, but I don't know if that means we've said we'll need the express hotel check in or not. Anyone know how to confirm please?

After all that, hubby has said he doesn't want to pay for the transfer and wants instead to take the train (which looks way cheaper than I was expecting), and utilise the Disney Express Hotel Check- In & Luggage Service (which I believe is at the Disney train station)? Doesn't seem like something you have to book that I can see, has anyone used it?

So next Saturday is our check in. I did the online check in just now, and I put that we were coming by train, but I don't know if that means we've said we'll need the express hotel check in or not. Anyone know how to confirm please?
Hey there, the question how you got to DLP during online check in is just for research purposes.

I haven't used it myself, but did you find this page on the website? https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/disneyland-express-luggage-service

They are not very clear about the costs, but with some googling, I think it costs 18 euro p/p, using it both ways.
I think you can prebook this. Is there an option in the app to do so? Otherwise, if you have time, you can call them to see if you can already take care of this.

Tip for travelling by train, do not keep your train tickets next to your phone. The ticket has a magnetic strip on the back. Keeping it next to your phone can demagnitize it.

Thank you, yes that's the page I found too but even when logged in there's no option to purchase. I will check the app, but as you say otherwise may have to call them. Actually just had a look in the app and no can't see it there. I'll set a reminder for when the help line opens today and give them a call. Thanks :)

Edit: it's not open today so will have to be tomorrow.

Also, noted about the train tickets 😬

Last edited:
Thank you, yes that's the page I found too but even when logged in there's no option to purchase. I will check the app, but as you say otherwise may have to call them. Actually just had a look in the app and no can't see it there. I'll set a reminder for when the help line opens today and give them a call. Thanks :)

Edit: it's not open today so will have to be tomorrow.

Also, noted about the train tickets 😬
If you can - please update on booking express booking service - is it easy to book separately?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest