College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Eh, it turns out if I take a leave of absence my school will take away my $22k merit scholarship... :( So no dice. What about doing the CP during the fall after graduation? I know they'll let you apply for the first six months after graduation. I guess my question is: does it look bad/weird to do the DCP after graduation vs during school?

I did my last CP right after graduating.

Hello everyone! I did the program back in 2010 and graduated from college this past may/june. I was looking to do the program once again before I start my masters in august. I tried applying online but was worried that I might not get accepted if I clicked that I was currently enrolled in a college. Anyone know if I can apply now or if my chances of doing the program again are done?

Hello everyone! I did the program back in 2010 and graduated from college this past may/june. I was looking to do the program once again before I start my masters in august. I tried applying online but was worried that I might not get accepted if I clicked that I was currently enrolled in a college. Anyone know if I can apply now or if my chances of doing the program again are done?
You must be enrolled in college at time of application.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If someone comes to visit you and they stay in a hotel can you go stay with them?

Yes, You can get them a 50% discount rather than 40%, but when my S (CP) stayed with us they charged us $15 extra person charge.

In regards to any of the college graduates, it is acceptable past the 6 months period after your graduation period, which means the Fall After you graduate, or the following Spring. Just make it clear as to why you see the program beneficial to your growth and engagement past college.

Means for a cause.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

In regards to any of the college graduates, it is acceptable past the 6 months period after your graduation period, which means the Fall After you graduate, or the following Spring. Just make it clear as to why you see the program beneficial to your growth and engagement past college.

Means for a cause.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

As far as I'm aware, you still have to be enrolled in school when you apply (so it would only be the semester after graduating- if you graduate in Dec, do Spring, or if you graduate in May, do FA/Fall)

I'm a senior in High School do you have a list of Colleges that offer credit for the DCP?

I'm a senior in High School do you have a list of Colleges that offer credit for the DCP?

I'm interested in applying to some of the summer PIs at Disneyland and had a question for you guys:

I am about to upload my resume and cover letter for one of the positions but since I'm a college student, my grades, and thus my resume, will constantly be changing over the course of the year. Will I be able to re-submit the resume every time or is this the only chance I get?

Thanks and good luck to all of you. :thumbsup2

Colleges change their course lineup all the time and therefore their willingness to accept the DCP/DCP classes for credit - I'd ask the universities you're considering applying to directly!

Hey guys I was wondering, would I be able register a car while I'm on the program after Check in? I may have to arrive without one and have it sent down after a month or so.

I'm getting very worried now that it's getting closer. Does anyone know of anyone who has had their acceptance revoked based on GPA, etc? I'm just worried that something will get lost in translation at my school since I will be taking the semester off and whatnot...

I'm getting very worried now that it's getting closer. Does anyone know of anyone who has had their acceptance revoked based on GPA, etc? I'm just worried that something will get lost in translation at my school since I will be taking the semester off and whatnot...

Hi there. I got my new hire papers just before thanksgiving break. Anyway I donot think disney revokes any acceptances after getting the letter. I have a 1.8 GPA I have never heard of anyone getting revoked because of low GPA.
Good Luck

Hi there. I got my new hire papers just before thanksgiving break. Anyway I donot think disney revokes any acceptances after getting the letter. I have a 1.8 GPA I have never heard of anyone getting revoked because of low GPA.
Good Luck

thank you! I appreciate the response. I have my advisor and career services on the same page now too :)

I'm worried about being away from home for so long. The longest I've been away from my family, boyfriend, friends, etc. has been about a month. And never during the holidays (if I get accepted into the fall program). Did anyone have any problems with homesickness and how did you deal with it?

I'm worried about being away from home for so long. The longest I've been away from my family, boyfriend, friends, etc. has been about a month. And never during the holidays (if I get accepted into the fall program). Did anyone have any problems with homesickness and how did you deal with it?
My S did Spr Adv 2011, never was away from home for less than a night. He did fine, so will you. Bored? Go to the parks... he had a blast, my D is doing Spr Adv 2014.

You will be fine. My dd checked in January 2013 and finished 8/3/2013 (originally May but she extended). She had only been away for cheerleading camp for a few nights. I am sure you will have a moment here and there but like the pp said, go to the parks. You will be busy when you are off. You will have to decide if you want to sleep, do laundry, go food shopping or spend time at the parks with the many new friends you will meet. Enjoy!!

I was homesick my first CP. It helped calling home. And going to the parks with friends also helped. If it's any comfort, I wound up having a blast (and doing 5 more programs after that) :)

you will be fine. my dd never was away for more then a week. my dw didn't go to drop her off because she was afraid she wouldn't stay. :lmao: after she got there, met a bunch of other kids all in the same boat, she was fine! she went down in may 2013 and is coming home in January. she had a great time!!! its a great experience, home and friends will be there after your program!! she graduated yesterday, she is the one next to Minnie.(you can tell she is not having fun):lmao: she works till jan 3rd and flys home the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter