College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people just like to hear what others went through, that is what these boards are for.
thanks!! ur right!!! My roommate from college did it but she quit after a month and pretty much "hates" disney right now and refuses to talk about her experience except that she lived in Vista with cockroaches and wished she lived in Chatham lol.

I pretty much just wanted to know my options for my dad bc its hard to schedule Mears when I'm not sure which apt complex I will be in at the time ya know??

thanks for the help!

I completely understand :) I have a million questions too and often refer to these boards to have them answered, and they often are answered just by reading the responses of the experienced CPer's. I love that we can all come and talk on here in a nice and comfortable environment. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge and experience! :hug:

I completely understand :) I have a million questions too and often refer to these boards to have them answered, and they often are answered just by reading the responses of the experienced CPer's. I love that we can all come and talk on here in a nice and comfortable environment. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge and experience! :hug:

I know how it feels to have a lot of questions. Lord know I had a million of them before my first CP in 2005 (I can't believe it will have been 3 years ago in Jan). I want to do the same, and help people with their questions.

So, I am wondering how much money I will need to start with. I get back from Europe like one week before I leave for FL. I don't want to spend all my money there and turn around and have nothing to take to FL. If anyone could help me out on this it would be helpful. TTYL!

So, I am wondering how much money I will need to start with. I get back from Europe like one week before I leave for FL. I don't want to spend all my money there and turn around and have nothing to take to FL. If anyone could help me out on this it would be helpful. TTYL!

I would bring a couple hundred down to start with. This is because you don't get a "real" paycheck for almost 3 weeks. I have brought $300 down each program, and have been fine.

I would bring a couple hundred down to start with. This is because you don't get a "real" paycheck for almost 3 weeks. I have brought $300 down each program, and have been fine.
by 300 u mean for food/bathroom needs/eating out/drinking?? My parents said that i can use my credit card for food/bathroom needs until I get my first paycheck but eating out/drinking/etc. is on my own so I was thinking like 150 or 200 should cover that..prolly not even that much! I can't have a job this semester bc of student teaching and I'll only be home for 3 wks before I leave on the 4th so I want to spend the time w/my fam and packing

I can't have a job this semester bc of student teaching and I'll only be home for 3 wks before I leave on the 4th so I want to spend the time w/my fam and packing

I feel you, there. I have to work at a newspaper in town this summer as part of my journalism degree so I won't be able to work at my REAL job much. I'm going to visit friends in New York for New Year's but after that I am going to put the stop on spending so I don't have to worry about money when I get to FL.

I feel you, there. I have to work at a newspaper in town this summer as part of my journalism degree so I won't be able to work at my REAL job much. I'm going to visit friends in New York for New Year's but after that I am going to put the stop on spending so I don't have to worry about money when I get to FL.
Ya, I have not had a job since Aug. I saved about 500 bucks. I will use around 250-300 for xmas gifts and hope for some money or gift cards for xmas. I did request disney dollars and walmart for gift exchange on my dads side and wrote down walmart/target on my xmas list so I can get groceries/bathroom needs. I guess I really didnt think about restaurants bc I'm not sure what's around in the area besides the obvious McDs lol.

There are lots of great restaurants down there...I think basically your "run-of-the-mill" area. I think buying food for meals is cheapest and most healthy but I am concerned how the refrigerator situation works out. If you are in a 3 or 4 bedroom complex, that could get a little tricky, I would think...but what do I know? (VERY little!):goodvibes

There are lots of great restaurants down there...I think basically your "run-of-the-mill" area. I think buying food for meals is cheapest and most healthy but I am concerned how the refrigerator situation works out. If you are in a 3 or 4 bedroom complex, that could get a little tricky, I would think...but what do I know? (VERY little!):goodvibes

Dee, I think you are right - I would think it would get a little crowded too. When I was living with 3 other roommates in college, the fridge space was a bit limited - I was using my mini-fridge from when I used to live in the dorms in addition to the one provided in our apartment.

I grocery shop a LOT, and having plenty of fridge space is a must for me. That might be something to consider when choosing the apartment size you would like to live in.

I have a question about rooms (in relation to my refrigerator predicament). If you do roomie notification, you don't have a choice (necessarily) of what complex/# of rooms you want. If you just go down there, how do you know what complex to go to and then, say I want a 2 bedroom and I'm one of the first in line, will I be more likely to get that because I didn't do roomie notification? If that makes sense...basically, if you do roomie notification, your chances are smaller of what complex and # of rooms you want. So why would you just wing it (go down not knowing who you're rooming with) if your chances of what complex and # of rooms is the same? Thanks!

Also something to consider is going down with your friend, and asking to room together there at check-in. That is what I did my first CP (we didn't have the notification then). I had met her online, and we were both from NJ. We even got to meet once before we went down. The day of check-in we asked if we could room together, and were allowed to. In fact, we even got the apartment size/complex that we wanted. And it does help to get to check-in ASAP. All 3 times I got there around 8 am. Last CP, I was done before an hour had passed.

I signed up for the roomie notifcation bc I know who I want to live with but the next day I emailed my recruiter and she told me that when you do that you don't get to say what preference you want but we can tell them at check-in and to ge there early so at least I know I will be living with the person I want to live with.

I even specifically asked that if I do roomie notication will they automatically place us in an apt size/complex bc if that's so, we'll just our chances at move in and forget the roomie notification and she emailed me and said we can tell them at move-in and to get there early so I'm hoping that is true bc we are hoping for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Chatham.

Great! I don't know who I want to room with yet (hoping to meet someone once people start getting ready for fall 08) but I know I want a 2 bedroom in Chatham so I guess I was just wondering if my chances of a that were better if I didn't try and room with any specific person.

Thanks for all the info!

I tryed to opt into the Roommate Notification, but it said it wasnt avalibale for my group. Has anyone else had this problem?

I tryed to opt into the Roommate Notification, but it said it wasnt avalibale for my group. Has anyone else had this problem?

If it isn't available for your group, it really isn't a "problem" per se. That means that the system isn't available to you. I think they are still testing and adjusting the system. They just started it last program. So it would make sense if they are limiting the number of groups that it is open to.

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share some exciting news with you all. I went to my audition yesterday in Austin, Texas to be a character performer, and I was approved and also get to be "friends" with a face character=D

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share some exciting news with you all. I went to my audition yesterday in Austin, Texas to be a character performer, and I was approved and also get to be "friends" with a face character=D

YAY!! :banana:
congrats!! may i ask who you get to be friends with?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter