(cold) broccoli dip in a bread bowl(can't find my recipe!!)

airhead

DIS Veteran
I had a recipe for a broccoli dip in a bread bowl and now I can't find it! does anyone know of this recipe??

I have a spinach dip recipe that I often serve in a bread bowl... Is it the same, only using chopped broccoli instead of chopped spinach?

Spinach Dip

1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix (packet)
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 pint sour cream

Mix all of the above together and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. (I usually use low-fat [not fat-free] mayo and sour cream.) I've also had this with sliced water chestnuts added to it for crunch. :goodvibes

This is probably a stupid question but where do you get bread bowls? Can you buy them at the grocery store? Thanks.

You make your own bread bowl by using a round loaf of bread. I take a good-sized slice off the top and cut it into large cubes for dipping. Then I take a fine serrated knife (something like a steak knife, because for me, a bread knife is too large to maneuver) and cut out the "insides" of the loaf, leaving about a 1/2" shell -- the bread bowl. I also either cut up or tear up the insides that I removed. Some people like to put the bowl and the bread pieces in the oven to crisp them up; I usually just leave them. ;) When the bread pieces and whatever else you used for dipping (crackers, veggies, etc.) are gone, you can rip up the bread bowl itself to finish off the dip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter