coffee pots & steamers

H Mathis

Earning My Ears
I'm confused about whether or not you can take a travel coffee pot and a travel steamer. I know they will bring you coffee in the morning and that they do have a laundry room, but I prefer to have it handy in the room. Is it strictly not allowed or just a suggestion?? Thanks for your help!

There is coffee available 24 hours a day at the drink station on Deck 9, so I wouldn't bring a coffee pot. They aren't expressly forbidden but there really is no need. :)

DCL does request no irons or steamers be used in the staterooms. They ask you to use them in the laundry rooms instead, for safety reasons.

I've brought my hot pot. It's easy to plug in over on the desk, and it's nice to have my cappuccino without having to get dressed & go up to deck 9! I take it everywhere that doesn't have an in-room coffee maker.

We did take our 4 cup coffee maker, the coffee on the ship was too strong for my taste. We asked our cabin steward for 2 coffee cups and they were replaced with clean ones each day. It is nice to be able to have that first cup on the balcony with out getting dressed for room service or having them wake up the kids when they come in.

when we were on the 2/15 Magic, I took my 4 cup pot. I had no trouble but beware that the smoke detectors are very sensitive. Hubby set it off our first day on board by taking an incredibly steamy shower with the bathroom door open. Mid shower he was answering the phone in the bathroom when someone called checking to see if we had a fire. He had no clue what they were talking about until later when he noticed the location of the smoke alarm on the bedroom ceiling. Since I already felt like I was smuggling the coffee pot on board after some of the remarks on these boards, I didn't want to risk a second phone call so whenever I made a pot I stood over it waving a towel to dissipate the steam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter