Coffee - Keurig vs Coffee Ninja look to go cheaper

My Ninja is on my kitchen counter, my Kureig is collecting dust in my basement.

We had a Keurig (and before that we had a Tassimo) and ditched it for the Coffee Ninja and haven't looked back! My only complaint is that we 'upgraded' to the stainless steel carafe and I wish we hadn't bothered because it doesn't keep the coffee (if you're making a pot) hot for very long. We had a cuisinart grind and brew and that carafe kept the coffee hot for 4+ hours! Only replaced that because the grinder eventually stopped working (we did buy a separate grinder that we use to this day). But I love the flexibility of the ninja, one cup at a time, half a pot, full pot, even making 'fancy' coffee house drinks! WITHOUT buying espresso ground coffee.

Ah, the Tassimo! Still the best single cup coffee maker in my opinion! Had one for a few years and then won a Keurig through work and since the Tassimo discs became harder to find, started using that. Side note, when in Germany back in November, I noticed Tassimo discs in all the stores, it just never really took off in the States.

Anyway, we also switched to the Ninja over Christmas and so far we like it. Although there are some mornings when I'm so rushed I wish I could just pop in a pod! I do wish the water tank on the Ninja was a little larger, we are constantly filling it! I like being able to add coffee to my cup to keep it hot instead of having to microwave my half empty cup.

eta: we still kept the Keurig, wanted to make sure we really liked the Ninja before getting rid of it entirely. I might bring it into work because the one here seems to be on it's last legs.

The Ninja Coffee Bars are AMAZING. We only have the single one, but it can do SO much! I would never buy a pod based machine. Such a waste of $$$$.

I started with the Black & Decker pod maker, then my mom got me a Keurig Platinum one and I have a Revo that I got thru House Parties. Then I got into a Consumer project with Keurig and I have a K550 which they have downgraded a bit to what they have now. The last 2 I got for free. Plus I have one at the office. When all of these take a crap(lol) I will be looking at the Ninja.

I just got the Ninja after reading this thread. My old Keurig was dying-

Just got yesterday but have used and love it! Was talking to a friend last night who has a DD who does Starbucks daily. I just don’t get that- even with Keurig we never used the pods- we had refillable one.

I have a Keurig but I use the reusable filter and just fill it with ground coffee. I do buy mini paper filters that fit into the reusable one because I hate trying to get the grounds out. This thread is making me interested in the Ninja though.

Ah, the Tassimo! Still the best single cup coffee maker in my opinion! Had one for a few years and then won a Keurig through work and since the Tassimo discs became harder to find, started using that. Side note, when in Germany back in November, I noticed Tassimo discs in all the stores, it just never really took off in the States.

Anyway, we also switched to the Ninja over Christmas and so far we like it. Although there are some mornings when I'm so rushed I wish I could just pop in a pod! I do wish the water tank on the Ninja was a little larger, we are constantly filling it! I like being able to add coffee to my cup to keep it hot instead of having to microwave my half empty cup.

eta: we still kept the Keurig, wanted to make sure we really liked the Ninja before getting rid of it entirely. I might bring it into work because the one here seems to be on it's last legs.

Use programmable delay brew.

If you're looking to go cheaper why don't you just keep what you already own and just switch to using reusable keurig filter? You already own a grinder and I assume Sam's sells whole bean bags just like Costco does (Costco also has a grinder you can use before you leave the store though I'm not sure if Sam's has that as well).

That is a lot of coffee to be going through at least in terms of pods. Then again I'm the only one who uses the actually Keurig in my house and I only use 1 per day M-F (the weekends I switch to using our Mr. Coffee and make enough coffee for both my husband and I). I actually find myself not buying the really large count k-cups at Costco just because it takes me forever to go through them. I do get from time to time the 72 count variety box though.

I love love my French press. Cheap, easy and low tech. It will only break if the glass breaks!

The French press was really nice - the aeropress is easier to clean if you ever get tired of the French Press.

The other low tech and cheap way to make coffee is cold press - you just need a fine mesh strainer. The coffee is much sweeter than when you use hot water, so for those of us that sweeten our coffee, it has the advantage that you use a lot less sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter