Cobbling together single nights. Can they be one room?

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
After making my first waitlist, I was just going to sit back, relax, and await the good news of my ideal stay popping up automatically.

However, I read the recent DISboards thread “I have absolutely no faith in waitlists” which was educational to me as a new DVC Member.

I did another manual search to find my desired days had popped up in a convoluted assortment of nights here and there. Using 4 separate reservations, I have cobbled together a week long stay during the 2020 Marathon Weekend in January at a Bay Lake Tower Lake View Studio. I am just missing one night to complete the set.

If I am able to book all my nights in a single room category (BLT Lake View Studio), can DVC link them to a single room? Or, will I be moving from room to identical room every night of my trip?

I had the same cobbled together mess you speak a couple months ago for 8 nights, with one night being on a waitlist. Well that waitlist day came through and then about 5 days later, they made one reservation for me, without me having to call or ask. That has never happened in past years, but it was nice not having to request them do that or let them know at check in, we wouldn't be leaving and requesting the same room or having housekeeping knocking at 8 in the morning on a day they show us leaving but really we're staying 3 more nights etc. It felt peaceful.
Good luck though! I am sure that one day will come through. I have never not had a one day waitlist request come through

We had 2 nights waitlisted for our fall trip. They both came through after a month or so, but they never merged them. That was about a month ago. Gonna call them soon to merge them.

Yes, you totally can do that. Call member services and ask them and they will put them together as a single reservation. Good look getting that night!

So, the waitlist worked... kinda... and not as expected.

As mentioned above, I was missing a Saturday night to fill in a week at BLT during marathon week 2020. I saw a Studio pop up at Polynesian Resort on that day and thought I’d book it to be safe, even if it meant a split stay.

While on the phone with member Services, they say “Your waitlist came through. Did you still want the Polynesian Studio?”

The cast member made it sound like they had been waiting for my approval but the website still said ‘on waitlist’ as I was talking to them.

I’m obviously glad that I got the room... but what would have happened if I didn’t call in? Would it have gone to the next person on the list after a period of time?

PS. To answer my original forum question, all the cobbled together dates have been assembled to one booking. Yay!

In my limited but very similar experience I called to adjust a booking for my in-laws and they told me my waitlist had just matched. I'm sure that had you not called the system would have still grabbed it and eventually... in a week or two... a CM would have manually added it to your reservation.

So, the waitlist worked... kinda... and not as expected.

As mentioned above, I was missing a Saturday night to fill in a week at BLT during marathon week 2020. I saw a Studio pop up at Polynesian Resort on that day and thought I’d book it to be safe, even if it meant a split stay.

While on the phone with member Services, they say “Your waitlist came through. Did you still want the Polynesian Studio?”

The cast member made it sound like they had been waiting for my approval but the website still said ‘on waitlist’ as I was talking to them.

I’m obviously glad that I got the room... but what would have happened if I didn’t call in? Would it have gone to the next person on the list after a period of time?

PS. To answer my original forum question, all the cobbled together dates have been assembled to one booking. Yay!

I had a waitlist come through for our trip this past June. We had a week booked at AKL but waitlisted the same week at CCV. When the waitlist came through at CCV, the reservation just switched over with no other action from me. I'm not sure what other's experiences have been, but thats mine.

Glad everything worked out for you, I still have my fingers crossed for my BWV waitlist for November.

In my limited but very similar experience I called to adjust a booking for my in-laws and they told me my waitlist had just matched. I'm sure that had you not called the system would have still grabbed it and eventually... in a week or two... a CM would have manually added it to your reservation.
The system did mach for you, but it takes a CM to complete the reservation. Until then, the match just sits in a file waiting for CM attention. CM noticed the match when you called and finished the reservation while on the phone with you.

The system did mach for you, but it takes a CM to complete the reservation. Until then, the match just sits in a file waiting for CM attention. CM noticed the match when you called and finished the reservation while on the phone with you.

Do you think this is why some people have had more success finding their desired accommodations themselves online rather than their waitlist requests? I've seen lots of posts saying that they don't trust the waitlist.

Should you call member services occasionally to keep the CMs looking at your account? That seems high maintenance to me. 🤣

Do you think this is why some people have had more success finding their desired accommodations themselves online rather than their waitlist requests? I've seen lots of posts saying that they don't trust the waitlist.

Should you call member services occasionally to keep the CMs looking at your account? That seems high maintenance to me. 🤣
Once it is matched it doesn't sit out in the open inventory anymore. The computer earmarks it for your account and it is no longer available online. So calling CM frequently probably isn't needed as by all accounts it isn't weeks for them to tell you but generally they process the final parts within 24-48 hours.

As for how people have success is they book single days piecing them together overtime or simply beat the waitlist in removing the room from inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter