• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Clueless in New England

Glad it went well. Baby steps are progress, too. Did kid proofing house a little help lessen anxiety of adults? I know it's a lot of work, but well worth it in the long run. Yea you!:thumbsup2

I think the kid proofing did help. Overall, the whole family seemed less anxious than they usually do. My nephew smiled A LOT! :) That doesn't happen with us often.

I have to admit, our house is still child-proofed to a certain extent. It would very much depend on the kid. I am always on guard when we go to other people's houses, after you've done it a while you go on auto-pilot. So in that respect, you'll get it all figured out and pretty soon you won't have to think about it so much. The good part about it is ;) if it's your own house, it'll keep you pretty decluttered.

I'm glad it went well for you. Now you have something to build on for next time! :cheer2:

I do feel more confident now that I understand autism a bit more and what to expect/not expect from him - becase of all the posters on this thread. :flower3:

Sound like a good first step.

bookwormde

I think so, too. ::yes::

Fantastic!! Sounds like you had a great visit. I have 5 brothers and sisters, and one of them really goes out of her way to accomodate and interact with Zoe. She and I have always been very close, and this whole experience has given me an even greater love and respect for her.

I am glad you have the support of your sister. I believe my nephew knew I wanted to be with him because I always try to engage him. But this weekend he didn't get upset and walk away. He stayed and we interacted for a bit. It felt great!:goodvibes

Resistance is futile and congratulations on your big steps. You made a lot of progress in one visit. It is hard to change the way you think to that of someone different from you. The smiles are a great sign. Youare a gerat auntie and keep up the great work. pixiedust: :grouphug: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter